Is support helpful with getting account back, or should I buy again?

I have the CD key and I have a list of emails I think I signed up with. I'm 99% on one, but I don't have access to the one I really think it is. I just happened to have the CD key stowed away because it was bought as a gift. The CD key was bough by a friend with her email :c

I know some game supports are much less helpful than others so I figured I'd ask since I figured someone here has had to work with them a time or two.
    Retired hardcore raider, but still a tryhard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having the CD key is a big help. Also having a character name on the account is a pretty big factor there too.

As for ANet's actual support: I was in a similar situation, and they got me back in to my account fairly quickly.

Thank you Malthanis! I'll just wait it out and see what they say before I go and start all over (:
    Retired hardcore raider, but still a tryhard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why dont you have access to your account anymore?

I dont want to just put their security measures out there but theres other questions they might ask if you dont have the key to determine ownership. I needed to get an authenticator removed and they were more than helpful.

I think the entire process took a business day or two.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I found even their remaining original Guild Wars support to be more than helpful. I didn't have any of their standard info, like the key from purchase or a character name on the account, so they verified all the other pieces of my information and were able to sync it up.
    BAD WOLF

I recently contacted support to get my account back. I had lost my serial key and account details after my PC broke. They were very helpful in getting my account back to me.

They wanted my address, real name, master/visa card number used in last purchase, a characters name, accountname (like username.1337).
    just be as thorough as possible.

I got my account back 2 days later. Really happy with the representatives I had contact with over those 2 days.