Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Heya! I've updated the doc to add Battle Pets info! It's not much but it's something. Covid has made quite a ruckus.

In addition to this, I've put some lore stuff in there. There's little new, but it's now also on the doc. Be sure to check it out if you like reading some fanfic :P

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi!

Quick update here for a minipreview of the expansion's two first dungeons: Wake of Destruction and Kaalai Shoals, both located in K'areshi Wastes.

much better than shadowlands.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    Read "Tinker" and stopped there
    read new corruption system and stopped right there

Quote Originally Posted by Azalar View Post
    Hi!
    This is a big thread and I don't feel like sifting through it, but

2 new Allied Races: Rakzash (Alliance) and Iodari (Horde)
    Any more info on what these would be? New classes and races are what interest me the most and I'd love to see/hear more

Hi! This is a project that started back in late 2015, after Eye of Azshara. This expansion aims to recover and revive the Mists of Pandaria feeling, rather than being after and stopping one big bad evil guy.

I am aware that GoldenYak is also making up a wonderful void themed expansion involving Ethereals, but our approaches are different.

I invite you to comment and discuss on the ideas! Here is a summary of what the expansion would feature:

You can read all of the content and story that's up so far in this Google Doc: World of Warcraft: Nexus.

Please keep in mind that everything is a WIP and subject to change.

Synopsis:

The naaru A’dal receives a signal coming from the Twisting Nether and summons Turalyon, Ishanah, Liadrin and Voren’thal among others to discuss the news in Shattrath. A’dal reveals the signal comes from a collapsed planet named K’aresh and that the emissor is M’ara, one of his brethren. Turalyon sees this as an opportunity to bring greatness to the Alliance, and bends A’dal’s reunion into an uncomfortable Alliance bias that the Blood Elves notice.

Turalyon arranges further meetings exclusively with A’dal and the Aldor. Lady Liadrin and the Scryers, on their part, bring word to Lor’themar Theron of the ongoing events. The Lord Regent calls the Convocation of Silvermoon, adding not only Liadrin and Voren’thal as part of the government of the city, but also Tae’thelan Bloodwatcher to strengthen their people.

Alleria has in the meantime mobilized Anduin and other groups of the Alliance to join A’dal’s campaign. Anduin argues that it would be a wise idea to start negotiations with the Ethereals in Netherstorm if they are to initiate an expedition to K’aresh. The leaders of the Horde, who had been alerted by Lor’themar, sent spies to gather intelligence from the Alliance. Gallywix suggests embittering the Alliance’s negotiations into the Horde’s benefit. The Goblins of Area 52, properly blackmailed by the Bilgewater Cartel, spread incriminating rumors among the Ethereals to create suspicion on the Alliance. In spite of this, Turalyon bonds with Commander Ameer, the Leader of The Protectorate and exherts his conviction to make Ameer’s Ethereals join the Alliance in their cause. Nexus-Prince Haramad and the less zealous Ethereals who suspect of Turalyon’s motives (secretly influenced by the Goblins), and after having a discussion with the Scryers and the Horde, see a very profitable opportunity in joining the Horde.

Without further ado, the Alliance begins preparations to depart in the Vindicaar towards A’dal’s designated location. The Horde, however, does not have a vessel with which journey across the Twisting Nether and resorts to claim Tempest Keep through a mutiny against the Aldor inside the spaceship. This deals a strong blow to the Alliance, who cannot but see how the Tempest Keep warps away in front of their eyes.

While the Alliance has a safe and steady but disheartened voyage to K’aresh, the Horde has a dangerous and turbulent but triumphant space dive into the Twisting Nether with no directions or coordinates.

Set foot on an ancient shattered planet and unveil the secrets of K'aresh!

Origins:

K'aresh was once home to the soul of a nascent ageless being. That being was a primal Naaru. The amount of energy requested by the unborn soul to manifest allured countless amounts of astral material towards itself, even ripping off the crust of another worlds. The primal lightspawn was eventually encased in a cosmic cocoon containing layer over layer of otherworldly debris. Remnants of ancient civilizations. Ruins and artifacts of ages gone by.

With the course of aeons the nascent Naaru became prisoner to its own power. Unable to birth, the Naaru within became dormant. The cocoon, a husk of astral dust. Many forms of life evolved and spawned since then, mixing in a conflux of energy, forming anew a puzzle of ripped worlds in the Twisting Nether. This multiple layered alien world would be known as K'aresh.

As they evolved, the inhabitants native to K'aresh had found themselves living in a world filled with life forms much older than them.

Here is another summary of the structure of the expansion:

• K'areshi Wastes: Initial zone. This is our first foothold on the remains of K'aresh. A crystalline cosmic desert that is at first sight devoid of life. The ancient city of Thalaz rests in the middle of the desert.
    • Amketh: The first area to encounter to the southwest path. Amketh is a zone of light. The manyfold strata of time are littered everywhere. Full of ruins and mysterious artifacts, this area is a delight for treasure hunters and archaeologists. Shazaad's Tower watches over the Valley of the Nexus-Kings and the neverfading rain region of Quramanas to the southeast.
    • Dunes of Na'karat: A desolate holy land watching to an eternal dawn. Floating sandy islands and ruins of past generations shape the area into a mosaic of devotion. Here is where High Archon Aetheras has set the order of the Edict of Archons. In addition, a new threat has sprung from the land into a colossal beryl bloom.
    • Vale of Naughts: The first area to encounter to the northwest path. Carved into the void-touched stone are countless passages and caverns leading to hidden vales and ridges. Here is where Nexus-Princess Tal'avyl settled along the Order of Naughts.
    • Velath'nul An alien area that is eternally shrouded in shadows. Raw void energy seeps into the very ground of this area, warping all on its wake. Velath'nul is a large zone that comprises a variety of imagery. Sundered Ethereal towns and warped lands contrast with the magnificent complex of abandoned factories to the northeast.

• x.2[Valley of the Nexus-Kings: A floating island southeast to Amketh and Na'karat. A metaphorical name for the area were Vyr and Vexelon went on their exodus. A myriad of tombs and crypts that hide secrets beneath them. This area holds an aeon lost mystery of the stars.
    • x.2Forges of Infinity: The main area of the factories of Velath'nul. It is a massive indoor zone filled up with the most advanced technology any mortal has ever witnessed. The Forges contain many answers for those willing to learn.

• x.3The Conflux: Altering the sources of Light and Void across K'aresh have revealed its core, an alien astral crystalline area of distortion where both energies converge and clash with one another. Mythical creatures of the cosmos delve in this place. This area features a special mechanic reminiscing of both The Broken Shore and Argus to turn the Tides of Dawn and Dusk.

New dungeons

• Wake of Destruction: Located in K'areshi Wastes. A series of ruined and shattered halls that date from lost eras. It is believed it contains a source of great power.
    • Kaalai Shoals: Located in K'areshi Wastes. A series of caves and shoals alongside the Neverending Cliffs. Alien items are often washed away by the surging waves of nether.
    • Tomb of Shaal'nahar: Located in Amketh. The debris in which rascal Ethereal survivors hide and gather after razing the many ruins of their homeland seeking profit. This place happens to be the remains of an ancient Aldrachi sanctum honoring Shaal'nahar, a Wild God they encountered after their exile.
    • Shazaad's Tower: Located in Amketh. This Tower is a repository of invaluable knowledge prior to the Thalaz'ir gathering. Arcanist Shazaad's has claimed the tower and looks for help in purging the evil that has sprung within.
    • Quramanas Depths: Located in Amketh. The depths of the ancient waterway host a myriad of secret corridors and passages leading to the pools of Al'ubel.
    • Narouun'asar Mausoleum: Located in the Dunes of Na'karat. A hallowed buried necropolis beneath the dunes. It is the repose of Halphas, one of the Thalaz'ir.
    • Heavendrift Aerie: Located in the Dunes of Na'karat. A series of floating islands atop which rest the golden obelisks that bear the words of R'saat.
    • Mount Voidspire: Located in Vale of Naughts. Mount Voidspire is one of the highest mountains in the Vale of Naughts. However, it appears to be holding a volcano of boiling void inside. It appears it is going to erupt anytime soon.
    • Naastar Observatory: Located in Vale of Naughts. A mysterious observatory atop the northwesternmost plateau taken by the Devoid. Things that should not be seen appear when looking through its telescope.
    • Black Ice Sanctum: Located in Vale of Naughts. The core of the icy comet Val. The Legion raids could not retrieve the source of the planet's everlasting winter. Will we?
    • Altar of Ulvasar: Located in Velath'nul. A hidden shrine that has been warped by a mysterious pylon hovering over its grounds, but it is protected by the Ulvasari.
    • Fall of Aztal-Nur: Located in Velath'nul. An artifact of the void seems to be rending the space and time apart of the ruins of an Ethereal village. A dimensional rift sends trespassers back in time to a vision of the events of the Void War in that town.

• x.2Vyr'aat Arcspiral: Located in the Valley of the Nexus-Kings. Vyr, one of the Thalaz'ir, managed to alter the very essence of Ethereals and transform their once corporeal body into purer lifeforms. His teachings were of use in the shaping of the Ethereals, but his legacy is darker than it would seem.
    • x.2Null Sector: Located in the Forges of Infinity. One of the deepest halls of the Forges of Infinity and Azymmeth's testroom. Though the void seems to have taken root deep inside, there seems to be a new artificial energy fending void off.

• x.3Tal'azir Conduit: Located in K'areshi Wastes. A bottomless pit beneath the Obelisk of Thalaz where the Ley-Lines of K'aresh converge. The shattering of the planet has caused the energies to grow unstable. Could Thalaz be the key?
    • x.3Verge of Sound: Located in The Conflux. The very edge of light and void into the abyss. An adimensional being called Satra has materialized there to warn adventurers about the chapter of the Eternal Conflict involving K'aresh and its origins that is about to take place.

• OtherEndless Halls of Dal Karos: Located in Amketh. These are the twisted remains of the upside down tower of Dal Karos, a place so warped that reality is merely an illusion. Adventuring into the everdescending halls of the tower holds innumerable trials and challenges. What will await at the bottom of the tower, should there exist any at all?

New raids

• Well of Silence: Located in Vale of Naughts. Deep beneath the pit of the Monastery of Naughts lies the Well of Silence, a prison where voidfallen Ethereals hide. Nexus-Princess Tal'avyl asks adventurers to explore the prison and check what fate has fallen upon them.
    • Atrium of Plenitude: Located in Dunes of Na'karat. Archon Venkatrath suspects High Archon Aetheras has found something disturbing and may end up becoming what Nexus-King Salhadaar was: a vengeful zealot. Access the deeper halls of the Shrine of Na'karat and intervene.

• x.2Cradle of the Starbound: Located in the Valley of the Nexus-Kings. Buried deep beneath the catacombs of the many kings lies a hidden complex revealing Constellar architecture. Delve inside and find out about the Constellar and their relationship with the origins of the Ethereal race and how they came to be fleshy beings.
    • x.2The Warpcore: Located in the Forges of Infinity. The very heart of the forges, where the void has reached most. Fight the voidwarped engines and defeat Chief Voidmaster Zaathir.

• x.3Xyl'xureth, the Twofold Nexus: Located in The Conflux. An adimensional abstract space that once was the core of K'aresh. Heed Satra's words, fight out the convergence of the surges of light and void and erase V'iru, the Twofold Light from existence... at a cost.

• OtherWorld Bosses K'aresh is full of world menacing threats. Check out what world bosses there are and their special drops!
    • OtherThe Holosphere: Located in Velath'nul. A holographic plastic space floating in the Twisting Nether that can take the form of many realities. The Holosphere's elastic existence allows the recalling of encounters with increased difficulty. Certainly a fearsome yet marvelous place.
    ...《tinkers》no,thanks.

7+ Year Old Account
    You made this? Nice Job. This is the Best Expansion Idea. I hope one day we get to have Playable Ethereals in the Future.
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchers View Post
    Thanks, I appreciate the compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    read new corruption system and stopped right there
    I bet you haven't even read that part, because I'm not even a fan at all of the current corruption system lol

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    This is a big thread and I don't feel like sifting through it, but

Any more info on what these would be? New classes and races are what interest me the most and I'd love to see/hear more
    Sure!

Tinkers, despite the great amount of haters about, should have come long ago into play. I believe a new mail tech based class could bring a lot of interesting and fun gameplay to WoW.

Races we'd get three: Neutral Ethereals, which is my favorite race in WoW. And then, as we advance through the expac we would unlock two new more allied races: Rakzash for the Alliance (which are reminiscent of the Ronso in FFX with a Loque'nahak flavor, as in silvery fur and spirit glowy markings) and Iodari (which are based on Efreet and Djinn, but they maintain their Warcraft elemental nature).

If you'd like more in depth info, I invite you to browse through the doc where I'm writing everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Capultro View Post
    ...《tinkers》no,thanks.
    I'll never understand the hatred towards Tinkers, but yeah, next.

Quote Originally Posted by Runicknight View Post
    You made this? Nice Job. This is the Best Expansion Idea. I hope one day we get to have Playable Ethereals in the Future.
    I'm very happy to know you like it! I hope for playable Ethereals too!

This looks awesome. I wanted to go to K'aresh more than AU Draenor! Playable Ethereals, please.

If you'd like more in depth info, I invite you to browse through the doc where I'm writing everything!
    Wait, so is this Twofold Light?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Wait, so is this Twofold Light?
    It is, I changed the name quite a while ago xD

Heya! I've updated the doc to add Battle Pets info! It's not much but it's something. Covid has made quite a ruckus.

In addition to this, I've put some lore stuff in there. There's little new, but it's now also on the doc. Be sure to check it out if you like reading some fanfic :P

This is pretty interesting. A nice addition.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    This looks awesome. I wanted to go to K'aresh more than AU Draenor! Playable Ethereals, please.

Thanks we're on the same wavelength

i doubt we will ever get an expansion with that many zones and dungeons again. would be nice but i doubt it.

Only in your actual delusions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Portlandia View Post
    i doubt we will ever get an expansion with that many zones and dungeons again. would be nice but i doubt it.
    Fact is we're already getting expansions with this many number of zones xD

I'd like more dungeons and raids though.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Only in your actual delusions.
    uh, what? sorry but this idea of expansion at least has new things.

uh, what? sorry but this idea of expansion at least has new things.
    how is exploring the afterlife not more new than invading another planet...for the...4th time now?

3+ Year Old Account
    Hey there. I've decided to loosen the available class-race combos in the expac. Some are definitely controversial, but aren't all new class-race combos? I say let people enjoy things, remaining loyal to the lore but making it inclusive and not exclusive.

Tell me what you guys think!

What would the forms for a Pandaren Druid look like? Would they be based off of the Celestials or would they just look Panda-like?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    What would the forms for a Pandaren Druid look like? Would they be based off of the Celestials or would they just look Panda-like?
    Well that's actually a great idea! Pandaren assuming lesser forms of the Celestial is something that would perk Pandaren druids quite a bit!

Like for example...

Guardian shifts into oxen.
    Feral into tigers.
    Balance into cloud serpents.
    Restoration into cranes.

Oh gee that's amazing!