Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Heya!

I've made a brief infographic thread on Twitter about Cyphers!

https://twitter.com/Azapls/status/1296536308278530051

Don't mind the Spanish bits, all the juice is in the pics <3

Please tell me what you think!

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

Quote Originally Posted by Azalar View Post
    Heya!

I've made a brief infographic thread on Twitter about Cyphers!

https://twitter.com/Azapls/status/1296536308278530051

Don't mind the Spanish bits, all the juice is in the pics <3

Please tell me what you think!
    Now I remember that I promised you to draw these artifact abilities.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's been quite the away time, but among all the fake leaks and disinformation madness, I bring you a small bit of new stuff to compensate. It's not much, but it's honest work!

As for me, don't worry about me and my long repeated absences. I'm still lurking in the shadows, but taking it easy!

Here are Evoker Cyphers!

A rework of the map of K'areshi Wastes with much higher quality and res, in line with Dragonflight maps!

And last but not last, an update of the general map reflecting these changes. It also has the Tempest Keep and the Vindicaar!

Still love this concept. Great work, keep it up!

Also we're in a good place where I think you could use AI to come up with some of the Allied Race concepts you planned so long ago. I'd love to see what you could come up with for the Rak'zash and Iodari, they're great homages to the DnD Raksasha and Genasi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Still love this concept. Great work, keep it up!

Also we're in a good place where I think you could use AI to come up with some of the Allied Race concepts you planned so long ago. I'd love to see what you could come up with for the Rak'zash and Iodari, they're great homages to the DnD Raksasha and Genasi.
    Thanks!

I'm conflicted about the use of AI. I could use it but I can't find the right moral spot to do so q_q

Actually, the Iodari are more like Efreet, just more gemlike I'd say.
    Last edited by Azalar; 2023-10-12 at 07:40 PM.

Is Tempest Keep supposed to be there. Or is it just a holdover from a reused Outlands map?
    "The customer is always right" is a nice way of saying "I will put up with your bullshit as long as you pay me"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Is Tempest Keep supposed to be there. Or is it just a holdover from a reused Outlands map?
    The Horde hijacks Tempest Keep from the Aldor and uses it to travel to K'aresh.

Thanks!

I'm conflicted about the use of AI. I could use it but I can't find the right moral spot to do so q_q

Actually, the Iodari are more like Efreet, just more gemlike I'd say.
    I personally see it being okay as long as you aren't using it for profit. It's when money gets involved is where it really gets iffy. I don't see a problem if you're doing this for your own personal creative projects, really.

I mean I'm even a modder, and most of my models are made by modifying Blizzard's own assets. I don't always create new models and art from scratch, and that's kind of the same thing as what AI does. Anything fan made is built off of pre-existing concepts and ideas anyways, we aren't really creating something from scratch.

But I respect if you have your own personal reasons for not using it
    Last edited by Triceron; 2023-10-12 at 08:04 PM.

The Horde hijacks Tempest Keep from the Aldor and uses it to travel to K'aresh.
    So Vindi and Tempi become the capital cities in your idea? Interesting. I didn't read entire thread so I must have missed the detailed explanation.
    "The customer is always right" is a nice way of saying "I will put up with your bullshit as long as you pay me"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    So Vindi and Tempi become the capital cities in your idea? Interesting. I didn't read entire thread so I must have missed the detailed explanation.
    Yup, you get the faction hub and the neutral hub to support both the K'aresh campaign and the Faction campaign. Everyone has their reasons to be there.

10+ Year Old Account
    The amount of effort that has gone into this is insane.

Bravo.

10+ Year Old Account
    New maps look great, almost totally authentic-looking!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    New maps look great, almost totally authentic-looking!
    Thanks a lot! The reverse engineering for maps has been hard over these last years xD

Here's also a little roadmap I made, which I don't entirely like because although I list 5 patches, it's really like 3 raid tiers like in any expansion, just with content delivered over 5 patches. But yeah it looks nice either way.

The map, the zone concepts... this is incredibly amazing. I saw this project on this website once (love the music paired with the zones btw), and ever since then I can't think of anything that would get me more hyped than a K'aresh expac. Love the roadmap as well. The logo, the name, everything, the whole concept of the aesthetics is nicely done, really!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yzmor View Post
    The map, the zone concepts... this is incredibly amazing. I saw this project on this website once (love the music paired with the zones btw), and ever since then I can't think of anything that would get me more hyped than a K'aresh expac. Love the roadmap as well. The logo, the name, everything, the whole concept of the aesthetics is nicely done, really!
    I put a lot of thought into the music that would suit the areas and it's a very important part for me. I believe it's a way to imprint parts of what and how I feel about the zones into the concept, even if it's not my own music, and that makes it more valuable.

I wasn't sure wether people actually took the time to listen to the tracks, but you've been the first after all these years.

Thank you for telling me this <3

Edit: I definitely should update the track list and add it to the new doc.

- - - Updated - - -

I asked AI to create some Ethereals (they're tricky af to get them right since they're an original concept), and I managed to get some cool ones. Some even show potential customization possibilities.

We got them with different kind of armors (one for tinkers!), different faces, weapons, energy colors and even a female looking body type!