Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hello!

This is an update to let you know The Twofold Light is now called Nexus, and made a logo for it! (Well, it's an edit of an old "Shadowlands" leak from last year I believe?) In any case, it's gorgeous <3

In addition, I'm -slowly- transferring everything into a doc, updating many stuff in the process. With this link you're able to both read and comment.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Thanks for your support and patience!

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

5+ Year Old Account
    I applaud your dedication.

Quote Originally Posted by Azalar View Post
    Hello!

This is an update to let you know The Twofold Light is now called Nexus, and made a logo for it! (Well, it's an edit of an old "Shadowlands" leak from last year I believe?) In any case, it's gorgeous <3

Looks very tempting but it kind of lost its aspect of Light.

Well, I see you made some changes to the allied races. I will have to update their art, I suppose.

Good news is that I am going to do more sketches in the near future, so I can make more Nexus concept art.

The bad news is that I have technical issues and I can't make anything more ambitious than simple sketches with poor colours and little shading.

- - - Updated - - -

Progress on Tal'az concept.

I hope it doesn't look too much like Maldraxxus. Feedback is welcome.
    Last edited by matrix123mko; 2019-11-06 at 06:09 AM.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Looks very tempting but it kind of lost its aspect of Light.

Well, I see you made some changes to the allied races. I will have to update their art, I suppose.

Good news is that I am going to do more sketches in the near future, so I can make more Nexus concept art.

The bad news is that I have technical issues and I can't make anything more ambitious than simple sketches with poor colours and little shading.

- - - Updated - - -

Progress on Tal'az concept.

I hope it doesn't look too much like Maldraxxus. Feedback is welcome.
    Well yeah, I wanted to give the logo more of a spacey/twisting nether vibe, as well as make it simpler and cooler overall.

Don't sweat yourself, take it easy :P

I'd like Tal'az to stand out of the city. It should be a huge gleaming crystal obelisk with runes on it. It should have a great alien feeling about it, with crystal spirals and strange shapes around the obelisk, greatly adorning it.

Also, I can now happily say that all Cyphers are finally done!

Check them out and let me know if you like them!

Well yeah, I wanted to give the logo more of a spacey/twisting nether vibe, as well as make it simpler and cooler overall.

Don't sweat yourself, take it easy :P
    Yes. I think I will not rush myself.

I'd like Tal'az to stand out of the city. It should be a huge gleaming crystal obelisk with runes on it. It should have a great alien feeling about it, with crystal spirals and strange shapes around the obelisk, greatly adorning it.
    Ok. I will conceptualise the obelisk then.
    Also, I can now happily say that all Cyphers are finally done!

Check them out and let me know if you like them!
    They are cool. I like the additional flavours and customisations. However, balance druid has part of priest describtion.
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Hi! This is a project that started back in late 2015
    I just wanted to say how very impressed I am with the amount of work put into this! The map is absolutely sublime. I'll have a nice few days of reading over this.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are cool. I like the additional flavours and customisations. However, balance druid has part of priest describtion.
    Haha, yeah, my bad. I used priest's format for all the cyphers so there was quite a bit of copypaste involved xP

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    I just wanted to say how very impressed I am with the amount of work put into this! The map is absolutely sublime. I'll have a nice few days of reading over this.
    I'm flattered! Thanks for the kind words and I look forward to hearing your feedback <3

Did you make Vyr a traitor? Well, I wanted story like that but I thought I didn't say that to you. Good to us, I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you make Vyr a traitor? Well, I wanted story like that but I thought I didn't say that to you. Good to us, I guess.
    Vyr isn't a traitor. He's just a powerhungry maniac who looks the other Tal'azir down. This leads him to build the Arcspiral and to eventually try to lay siege to Tal'az, but Kamiel rallies the forces of the other active Tal'azir to intercept him while he's still on the way. There is a big battle in Quramanas where Nethiri falls, and the Vyr'aat eventually lose in Tal'az, being already weakened from that encounter.

I still haven't properly written that yet, though

Vyr isn't a traitor. He's just a powerhungry maniac who looks the other Tal'azir down. This leads him to build the Arcspiral and to eventually try to lay siege to Tal'az, but Kamiel rallies the forces of the other active Tal'azir to intercept him while he's still on the way. There is a big battle in Quramanas where Nethiri falls, and the Vyr'aat eventually lose in Tal'az, being already weakened from that encounter.

I still haven't properly written that yet, though
    This is just what I expected. For me this is the meaning of traitor.

Also, did you check the PM?

Any update on that ??

Hey Azalar, I just wanted to say that I've followed your expansion ideas for a number of years now and I still believe that this one of the most articulate, thoughtful and engaging expansion ideas. You have created a world that not only meshes with Ethereal lore but expands on it. You have made zones that are unlike any I've seen, that seem to all build off each other while retaining their unique traits. It's a world I would become heavily interested in playing it. I am looking forward to the rest of the posts you put out!

Quote Originally Posted by omegax1991 View Post
    Any update on that ??
    Azalar said that he is quite busy and I haven't done anything for a while. However, I have one obelisk concept that I didn't publish yet.

Last edited by matrix123mko; 2020-03-19 at 10:02 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    i don't mind going to other planets as long we are more focused on sword and magic basics, my problems with this idea in general are:

-Tinker make no sense in this kind of expansion, not thematic at all.
    - Ethereal is already a not very good race option, it become worse when you put neutral

And i don't think the name match very well, i though at first this was a light focused expansion with yrel.

Wow. I never read this thread at all but just checked out the first page. Is this really a K'aresh expac and it has absolutely NO ECO-DOMES? I don't see any mention of them at ALL. I mean that's like the KEY draw of the whole thing! I envision supermassive ecodomes enclosing entire zones. An entire ocean enclosed in a dome. A massive mountain enclosed in a dome. Then smaller zones and nook and crannies enclosed in tiny domes. Other areas are not domed but those are wastelands. K'aresh to me is very appealing because it is Netherstorm on a grand scale.

But I don't see even a mention of eco-domes??
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Wow. I never read this thread at all but just checked out the first page. Is this really a K'aresh expac and it has absolutely NO ECO-DOMES? I don't see any mention of them at ALL. I mean that's like the KEY draw of the whole thing! I envision supermassive ecodomes enclosing entire zones. An entire ocean enclosed in a dome. A massive mountain enclosed in a dome. Then smaller zones and nook and crannies enclosed in tiny domes. Other areas are not domed but those are wastelands. K'aresh to me is very appealing because it is Netherstorm on a grand scale.

As I think about it, it is a great way to make zones more unique. We could put Tal'az and other settlements in eco domes. Forges of Eternity could have internal forests. I must ask Azalar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i don't mind going to other planets as long we are more focused on sword and magic basics, my problems with this idea in general are:
    This expansion is mostly about exploring ruins and fighting Light/Void/Nature monsters and old constructs.
    Ethereals are very advanced species. Velath'nul and Forges of Infinity are mostly tinker-based zones.
    - Ethereal is already a not very good race option, it become worse when you put neutral
    I disagree. They are a popular race idea and making them neutral would save people disappointment.
    And i don't think the name match very well, i though at first this was a light focused expansion with yrel.
    Azalar recently renamed it to "Nexus".

7+ Year Old Account

Ethereals are very advanced species. Velath'nul and Forges of Infinity are mostly tinker-based zones.
    being advanced don't equal tinker, their thematic just don't match at all, tinkers are not magic users or magic focused, their appeal is the tinkering, mechinal, so oon

I disagree. They are a popular race idea and making them neutral would save people disappointment.
    not that popular, and popular on the alliance, Horde doesn't want that and we already had too many races who don't match, it will not be disappointment at all

put etherals on the alliance and thing of another native race there to horde, Neutral race like pandarens are bad

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey all!

I'm very sorry for all this idle period of time, but I'm still working on this slow and steady!

I'm moving all the project onto a Google doc where I can keep track of everything at once. Let's face it, Wordpress wasn't helping me much formatting everything. It was one hell of a mess. Any new update in the editor would make it worse. Here's the link of the doc if you'd like to read it. The navigation bar in the left works wonders.

Please feel free to comment in the doc!

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post

Eco-domes were initially made to make inhospitable environments easier to live in, and in turn make profit off other races. Honestly speaking, eco-domes are inaccessible tech for most of your fellow Ethereals, making Nexus-Prince Haramad the only one able to set up such infrastructures back in Outland.

In this expac, shattered K'aresh is inhabited mostly by Ethereal drifters and survivors who were unable to find a better life on their own like Haramad or Ameer did. In any case, there is a natural (we could call) eco-dome in Amketh that shrouds the whole region of Quramanas in a veil of rainclouds, rendering it the only place in the planet with a steady supply of water. It's still not an eco-dome anyway, but a curse.

There is another eco-dome found in the Forges of Infinity. It's a garden inside the colossal vessel the Forges are. It makes sense there is an eco-dome there, since it is the place where they first were invented.

If you like Netherstorm, then you'll like Velath-Nul, which is an area largely ravaged by the Void instead of mana rifts.

Having eco-domes means the land is a tamed and settled land, and shattered K'aresh isn't.

In all honesty, I don't need to look for a specific reason to put tinkers in. They're too long overdue and could very well be ingame already since WoD.

not that popular, and popular on the alliance, Horde doesn't want that and we already had too many races who don't match, it will not be disappointment at all

put etherals on the alliance and thing of another native race there to horde, Neutral race like pandarens are bad
    I personally like neutral races because they've got two different approaches to a conflict. Depending on the context, you can interpellate a fraction of them into one side and the other. It's not necessarily bad by itself. Give them a reason to join either faction and we're good to go.
    Last edited by Azalar; 2020-05-16 at 02:49 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    In all honesty, I don't need to look for a specific reason to put tinkers in. They're too long overdue and could very well be ingame already since WoD.
    new classes come matching the expansion they come in, we don't see things changing.
    I personally like neutral races because they've got two different approaches to a conflict. Depending on the context, you can interpellate a fraction of them into one side and the other. It's not necessarily bad by itself. Give them a reason to join either faction and we're good to go.
    work wonderful on the paper, but it is shit, just like pandaren

is worse in a faction revolved around factions and different races, pandaren didn't work, their nonsense ideology didn't work, and work less with a race like etherals, without any reason to join factions at all.

A neutral race also rob another unique race option, we could get 2, but instead we get only one, we pay the same for less

3+ Year Old Account
    new classes come matching the expansion they come in, we don't see things changing.

work wonderful on the paper, but it is shit, just like pandaren

is worse in a faction revolved around factions and different races, pandaren didn't work, their nonsense ideology didn't work, and work less with a race like etherals, without any reason to join factions at all.

A neutral race also rob another unique race option, we could get 2, but instead we get only one, we pay the same for less
    The Ethereals are known for a magic called "technomancy." If that doesn't help legitimize Tinkers for you I don't know what will.

You're being quite negative and not offering constructive criticism to this guy, who has been working on it for 5 damn years. "It's shit like the pandaren" what the hell dude? That's just rude.

Your stance on Pandarens is subjective, by the way. Plenty of people don't have a problem with them.