Blizzard & abilities

How do you actually find out what ability stopped or killed you in this game? I tried charging orisa on rein but something stopped me just in front of orisa? What? I have no idea what ability stopped me. Why do they not provide some information on this so you can actually learn what is going on?

Mostly by experience. All characters do have a little ability list if you hold F1, but in the case of charging Orisa, she has a move called Fortify, that makes her immune to stuns/charges/boops for a few seconds.

That, or I was thinking making she put down her ult, would that stop rein's charge? I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    How do you actually find out what ability stopped or killed you in this game? I tried charging orisa on rein but something stopped me just in front of orisa? What? I have no idea what ability stopped me. Why do they not provide some information on this so you can actually learn what is going on?
    That'd be Orisa's 'Fortify' or left shift ability. It stops her getting charged/hooked/frozen/gravity pulled/Pharah E rocketed/Lucio Booped etc.

One idea might be to check out the hero you're confused about in the hero gallery after the match to see if you can spot the thing that killed/stopped you from doing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Perfectdoll View Post
    That'd be Orisa's 'Fortify' or left shift ability. It stops her getting charged/hooked/frozen/gravity pulled/Pharah E rocketed/Lucio Booped etc.

One idea might be to check out the hero you're confused about in the hero gallery after the match to see if you can spot the thing that killed/stopped you from doing something.
    I will have forgotten that by the next game already...

If you don't have enough memory to remember what abilities do, video games might not be for you.

Deleted
    Orisa throws down a ball, very similar to Zarya's ultimate ability, the ball will drag everything towards it after a short delay. You can turn on the deathcam to see exactly what killed you, if you're unsure of a heroes abilities just simply go and wiki them, or log a few matches as them.

It's an FPS afterall, I can't think of many FPS games with a breakdown of each fight in a combat log type area.

Deleted
    Maybe try Orisa out, stand infront of a charging Reinhardt and click her abilities?

Play the game more, pretty easy to see what's going on when you got more experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    If you don't have enough memory to remember what abilities do, video games might not be for you.
    It's not that. I learn things from experiencing it, I can't read guides for WoW raids as an ex. I have to do the encounter and learn, I can't read about it and know what's going on. In the case of overwatch I don't really know what's stopping abilities since it seems completely random to me many times and reading about it won't help.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2017-05-03 at 10:12 AM.

Deleted
    I'm confused about what you expect us to tell you then ?

Quote Originally Posted by sabrae View Post
    I'm confused about what you expect us to tell you then ?
    Well, heroes like soldier and mccree have very visible animations when they do something, doesn't seem to be the case with all heroes. Like, McCree glows red when he ultis, you see the soldier put down the visor and glowing but I can't see any such thing with other abilities? How do I know if I can charge orisa or not? Seem to be no visible cues.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2017-05-03 at 10:18 AM.

she turns green when she fortifies so you know u cant charge her

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, heroes like soldier and mccree have very visible animations when they do something, doesn't seem to be the case with all heroes. Like, McCree glows red when he ultis, you see the soldier put down the visor and glowing but I can't see any such thing with other abilities? How do I know if I can charge orisa or not? Seem to be no visible cues.
    Orisa turns gold when she uses Fortify.

Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Orisa turns gold when she uses Fortify.

I just tried it with a friend, she had a very, very faint green glow when you're close to her, barely noticable if you're not... Nothing clearly noticable like that.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2017-05-03 at 03:26 PM.

I just tried it with a friend, she had a very, very faint green glow when you're close to her, barely noticable if you're not... Nothing clearly noticable like that.
    I would suggest messing with your graphics settings. Even on low it's very clear to me when she uses Fortify.

what are your graphics settings at?

7+ Year Old Account
    It's not that. I learn things from experiencing it, I can't read guides for WoW raids as an ex. I have to do the encounter and learn, I can't read about it and know what's going on. In the case of overwatch I don't really know what's stopping abilities since it seems completely random to me many times and reading about it won't help.
    then dont go and read, check out the animations in game and on youtube.

problem solved.

Formerly known as Arafal

The glow seems like a pretty conspicuous visual indicator.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will have forgotten that by the next game already...
    Then maybe you are destined to try and pin fortified Orisas for the rest of your days.

It'll come with experience. There aren't many abilities that can stop a charge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by the boar View Post
    what are your graphics settings at?
    ^ Check your settings, although even on low it's pretty obvious.

Fortify: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/LdYQpeqG8qI/maxresdefault.jpg

Standard: https://www.brokenjoysticks.net/wp-c...7/03/orisa.jpg

As far as what killed you, check the kill feed in the top right. If it was an ability that got the killing blow, it will show the icon.
    Last edited by Orangetai420; 2017-05-19 at 01:13 AM.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.