Addon to Re-order Appearances

Hi,

There are some items with the same 3D model but different colors. Example:

http://imgur.com/5DPUALs

In the above image, items marked with 1 have the same model, items marked with 2 also have the same model. Many more items like that.

What I want is to reorder the appearances (manually if necessary) and display the same ones next to one other, so that it will be easier to go through the appearances list while trying to find a nice mog. So, the desired outcome will be:

http://imgur.com/Tx4pPpS

Is there any addon that does this? Actually, why the designers didn't sort them like that is not understandable.

Thanks.

Deleted
    I'm not 100% sure, but you could give https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/legion-wardrobe a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Koenig View Post
    I'm not 100% sure, but you could give https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/legion-wardrobe a try.
    Thanks, I had used that addon for some time, it doesn't have such a feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Eommus View Post
    There are some items with the same 3D model but different colors. Example:
    [...]
    What I want is to reorder the appearances (manually if necessary) and display the same ones next to one other, so that it will be easier to go through the appearances list while trying to find a nice mog.

There is WardrobeSort but I haven't found a way yet to sort/group appearances by recolors/retextures

- - - Updated - - -

Is there any addon that does this? Actually, why the designers didn't sort them like that is not understandable.

Well, I have something in the works now

Last edited by Ketho; 2017-05-05 at 10:11 AM.

Because some people may look for a match by a colour, not the model.
    I find that the same model alone will not make a given item a match for others if the colour is not right.
    Putting that together with many items not fitting into a neat "colour" description, means there isn't a good way to sort for everyone.
    At least by it seems allowing other sorting options, there is the possibility for someone to decide what their own needs are.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-05-05 at 04:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Thanks, I had used that addon for some time, it doesn't have such a feature.

Try the WardrobeSort 9ac91d8-alpha, it will sort/group all appearances together by model

Last edited by Ketho; 2017-05-05 at 01:12 PM.

What I want is to reorder the appearances (manually if necessary) and display the same ones next to one other, so that it will be easier to go through the appearances list while trying to find a nice mog.

Hey, I released the update on Curse. It can sort by appearance and also by item level or alphabetically

https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/wardrobesort

Last edited by Ketho; 2017-05-10 at 08:44 PM.

I saw a post on r/wow for this and immediately remembered this post, then I noticed the usernames. Great work, Ketho!
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Ketho View Post
    Hey, I released the update on Curse. It can sort by appearance and also by item level or alphabetically

https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/wardrobesort
    I can't thank you enough for this. Not being able to sort the appearances, and the "Remove Favorite" bug I have on dozens of items for over a month, I had almost lost my enthusiasm for the Appearances window.

"Sort by Appearance" will be enugh for me, but thank you also for "Sort by Item Level". I don't think I will use "Sort by Alphabetical" because one appearance may have many different item names, also the item names are really not relevant for my sorting needs.

I will make another in game suggestion to implement this sorting feature, so that we won't need to worry about the addon being updated every major patch.

Thank you very much!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Because some people may look for a match by a colour, not the model.
    My understanding is that it is possible to sort via item appearance since items with same appearance share the same appearance name + color or other identifier, but it is not possible to sort via color, since some items do not have color info in their appearance name. Still, the ones that have color info could be sorted and the rest would come at the end of the list. My point was, is, providing a sorting feature with options in the default UI feels natural to have.
    Last edited by Eommus; 2017-05-16 at 10:40 AM.

I can't thank you enough for this. Not being able to sort the appearances, and the "Remove Favorite" bug I have on dozens of items for over a month, I had almost lost my enthusiasm for the Appearances window.

"Sort by Appearance" will be enugh for me, but thank you also for "Sort by Item Level". I don't think I will use "Sort by Alphabetical" because one appearance may have many different item names, also the item names are really not relevant for my sorting needs.

I will make another in game suggestion to implement this sorting feature, so that we won't need to worry about the addon being updated every major patch.

Thank you very much!

- - - Updated - - -

My understanding is that it is possible to sort via item appearance since items with same appearance share the same appearance name + color or other identifier, but it is not possible to sort via color, since some items do not have color info in their appearance name. Still, the ones that have color info could be sorted and the rest would come at the end of the list. My point was, is, providing a sorting feature with options in the default UI feels natural to have.
    I see why you would want that, and I recognised that the needs of different people will be different.
    Blizzard at least recognised that too it would appear, given that there is an addon which can do just that.
    Provide what you find works for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.