So apparently you can stealthcap WW in Battle of Gilneas

Just happend like 20minutes ago. It was a random BG against a russian team with 3 rogues.

First we wiped them at the fight at WW when battle starts, got the flag when it was done. Then we lost the flag with 2 guys defending it to a russian rogue.

Ok, team went back and re-capped it. Lost the flag again after 2 minutes to the same rogue. I was there at WW, fighting so I thought I missed the cap.

We re-re-capped the flag for the 3rd time. I was standing 10 yards away from the flag, watching it like a hawk with another 3 guys from my team, doing nothing since we won the fight.

Then the message appears: "Cykablyet(Rogue) has defended Waterworks!"

How he did it, I'm not exactly sure. Since they where 3 Rogues, I got a feeling they used shroud of concealment on eachother when he capped the base, since I randomly used whirlwind once and knocked one of them out of stealth close to the flag. Guy under in red was the one who capped all 3 times.

Deleted
    outplayed.

Outplayed how?

There is no shame in getting outhacked by Russians.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Do you play with nameplates on? It amazes me how many people don't, I've stood on the base of the arathi flags before, which kind of puts you 'in' the pole to cap them.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fairly certain you just didn't see him.

No known hacks that lets you "stealth cap" atm.

Rogues can do it with subterfuge.

Quote Originally Posted by Krassz View Post
    Fairly certain you just didn't see him.

No known hacks that lets you "stealth cap" atm.
    I guess you haven't been on the recieving end yet.

Quote Originally Posted by EviForums View Post
    Do you play with nameplates on? It amazes me how many people don't, I've stood on the base of the arathi flags before, which kind of puts you 'in' the pole to cap them.
    Yes, I play with nameplates on at all times, and I un-bound the keybinding for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I have capped WW before standing inside someone who was mounted on a mammoth of all things so there is one of two things that happened here:

1. You got outplayed
    2. They was using a hack

And no there is no way that shroud can allow stealth capping this is something that has been fixed ages ago. Still you should just report this anyway it will certainly be more useful and will get more accurate reply than any post here.
    There was no mounts at the flag. It was swirling orange and the flag was capped. The bug/glitch is clearly working since he capped the flag multiple times. I'm merely suggesting what they used to do this with, I don't know how they did it.

I heard the potion of trivial invisibility allows you to stealth cap or something, not sure if it was true or not

Mabe the new sub pvp talent with tricks can stealth you while capping

This can also be accomplished with a lag switch, which seems to have made a comeback recently, particularly now that you can get fairly simple software ones that you can bind to a key.

There's a guy on Bleeding Hollow - US who is basically invulnerable. I wont name and shame since the (idiotic) forum rules say not to, but its super obvious.

I've seen 20+ people pile on him and his health rubberbands all over the place, which is accomplished by microdisconnecting.

You could do the same thing on a flag cap. Start the cap then immedialy hit the disconnect switch.

The server will fail to reveal you because it thinks you disconned, but the flag cap already started. hit the reconnect switch and boom - you cap without ever appearing because of server latency and Blizzard's dumbass formula on what happens when you discon.

Just saw a russian feral druid do the same thing so it's not rogue only stealth thing, you could see the animation for a fraction of a second then it was gone and so was he...