Deleted

[Fury] Legendary cloak or crafted belt

Hello

I tend to see alot og ppl favoring the craftet belt over the cloak nowadays? Is the cloak still superior?
    I tried simming my char with either of Them and still find the cloak to ve slightly ahead (about 20-30k dps)

My secondary stats are Way nettet equpping belt over cloak , tho my sims says the cloak are better.

it always depends in the options that you have, if you can have a guldan Mythic chest belt is usually better becouse the tier chest piece is terrible, in your case i would trust in the sim

Deleted
    As orgonutil says, it really depends on what tier / non tier pieces you have available. I play with belt and helm, because I got a nice titanforged Elisande chest (not guldan but hey, won't complain), so the loss going from cloak > belt is upset by the gain from getting rid of our horrendous tier chest and replacing it by a higher ilvl better itemized offset chest.

I just can't fit Gul'dan's chest in my fury gear, and it's a 875 tier chest. But even then, I made some sims:

switch legendary cape for 890 tier cape
    equip a 895 bis chest over a 875 pure trash chest this is literally the worst item in the loot table

That's a DKP DPS minus, for me the cape has to stay, so I go legendary cloak all the way.

I used the cloak and prydez most of the time. I don't have angryhat or belt. It sucks for me cause i have a 915 tier cloak and 910 haste/mastery gloves that I can't use cause I lose 4pc. Big issue is the chest is complete utter garbage.

Deleted
    Simming is a good idea yeah to see what is best for your set up, though you also need to take into account that the belt is a passive ability and stat stick, whereas the cloak you have a buff to keep up that could expire if you don't pay attention to it which could lead to a potential DPS loss

Quote Originally Posted by Archie30 View Post
    Simming is a good idea yeah to see what is best for your set up, though you also need to take into account that the belt is a passive ability and stat stick, whereas the cloak you have a buff to keep up that could expire if you don't pay attention to it which could lead to a potential DPS loss
    This.

Personally the belt sims slightly higher than the cloak for me (heroic raider), but with the added risk of potentially dropping the Fujieda's Fury buff (or whatever it's called) I think the belt comes out even better than the numbers might suggest.

Additionally the belt provides some survivability and mobility to boot. Not a huge different maker, but every little bit helps.
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

Quote Originally Posted by Drtydeeds View Post
    This.

Personally the belt sims slightly higher than the cloak for me (heroic raider), but with the added risk of potentially dropping the Fujieda's Fury buff (or whatever it's called) I think the belt comes out even better than the numbers might suggest.

Additionally the belt provides some survivability and mobility to boot. Not a huge different maker, but every little bit helps.
    this.

the belt is legit, unless for some reason you dont got a high tier piece, no guldan chest, and a 920 haste mastery belt...

I run Timeless Stratagem (shoulders) and Mannoroth's (bracers) due to having 875 shoulder slot. However, I can drop the bracers for the cloak and only lose 2-3% haste for it. (Still floating above 30% with food.) I'm not sure if it's better, since I haven't simmed it, but the bracer healing isn't particularly important for heroic anyway.

I would run Helm/shoulders (until I get better tier shoulders), or helm/cloak. It's definitely hard adapting to not having Stratagem, though, after wearing it for pretty much all of Nighthold.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eninya View Post
    I run Timeless Stratagem (shoulders) and Mannoroth's (bracers) due to having 875 shoulder slot. However, I can drop the bracers for the cloak and only lose 2-3% haste for it. (Still floating above 30% with food.) I'm not sure if it's better, since I haven't simmed it, but the bracer healing isn't particularly important for heroic anyway.
    You should drop the shoulders for the cloak, not bracers, even if you only have 875 tier to replace them. Do this and I guarantee your DPS will increase, even if your itemlevel goes down. If you replace bracers and keep the shoulders, you'll have to equip the tier chest which absolutely shitty in stats.

Don't underestimate the bracers, if you sim them you'll notice they're actually pretty damn good. For example I have all the fury legendaries, out of which the helm and cloak are the biggest singular DPS increases and while helm and cloak are the best on their own, both of them equipped at the same time are worse than helm+bracers due to having to equip the goddamn tier chest. The bracers look a bit underwhelming, but the extra 700+ versa they put on the bracers is a flat ~1,5% damage increase to all your damage.

As for the original post, use the cloak if you don't have the helm. If you have the helm, use helm+belt.
    Last edited by mmoc930b74716b; 2017-05-13 at 03:53 AM.

I was originally running helm and cloak, then got a 715 chest from Gul'dan and swapped an 880 tier cloak on and the legendary bracers and my sims showed this setup higher. I do also love the heals I get from the bracers, can be very helpful.

Just a small tip, you can easily sim it out using Raidbots.com, getting an answer which is the best piece for you.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders