Frost DK bis trinkets 7.2

Hello! Looking for best in slot trinkets for frost dk and any possible replacements (kappa), since on icy-veins is only a damage output of them

These are the ones I thought of off the top of my head:

-CoF lets you extend your first BoS to up to 80 seconds (if RNGeesus blesses you with good procs). Good for all fights.

-Eye of Command at a high enough ilvl gives you 4% crit, really good for ST and switching to another target for more than 10 seconds. Try to not take it if you have 30% crit unbuffed, though.

-Kil'Jaeden's Burning Wish is shit. It only serves as a stat stick until you get other better legendaries.

-Horn of Valor will make your BoS do way more damage, but on longer fights it falls short to other trinkets. Useful in M+.

-Urn is an okay trinket if you're already haste and crit capped.
    Last edited by Bricktor; 2017-05-19 at 12:22 PM.

Horn of Valor is very good for a short fight like mythic+.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bricktor View Post
    These are the ones I thought of off the top of my head:

-CoF lets you extend BoS to up to 80 seconds (if RNGeesus blesses you with good procs). Good for all fights.

-Eye of Command at a high enough ilvl gives you 4% crit, really good for ST and switching to another target for more than 10 seconds. Try to not take it if you have 30% crit unbuffed, though.

-Kil'Jaeden's Burning Wish is shit. It only serves as a stat stick until you get other better legendaries.

-Horn of Valor will make your BoS do way more damage, but on longer fights it falls short to other trinkets. Useful in M+.

Hmmm... what?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyriqo View Post
    Hmmm... what?
    Yeah not sure to understand either. I don't have ring so, maybe it's possible to play with 3 charges of HRW with only 1 BoS ? I sincerely doubt it, but... I'm asking still. x)

10+ Year Old Account

What are the current haste and crit caps for Frost DK?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomosk View Post
    None.
    Just equip highest ilvl. If you have 2 items of the same ilvl, sim which is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyriqo View Post
    Hmmm... what?
    Woops I made a major mistake xd

CoF with Legendary ring lets you use two charges of hungering rune weapon and another charge will be ready when BoS comes off cooldown. This is why you can get a very long first breath without losing dps.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Atomosk View Post
    They're not exactly caps, but after 30% crit you start losing dps if you get more crit. Ideally you should go for 25% crit and 20% haste, then you go for mastery.

Deleted
    Woops I made a major mistake xd

CoF with Legendary ring lets you use two charges of hungering rune weapon and another charge will be ready when BoS comes off cooldown. This is why you can get a very long first breath without losing dps.

- - - Updated - - -

They're not exactly caps, but after 30% crit you start losing dps if you get more crit. Ideally you should go for 25% crit and 20% haste, then you go for mastery.
    ilvl is the king. 20% haste is machine gun and even then it's just feelcrafting. We don't need 20% haste (it just makes our rotation smooth). I'm raiding with 15% haste and doing fine (mythic raiding lvl).

We don't have breakpoints, it's becoming a meme, just sim yourself and get it over with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much CoF+ whatever you have that's high ilvl and not a trash trinket. Horn of Valor/Foci/Memento/Urn/EoC/Chaos Talisman ect are all viable options.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    What about a chrono shard with the neck?

Quote Originally Posted by spdr View Post
    What about a chrono shard with the neck?
    Simmed pretty badly for me, but you might as well check your setup. Proc rate on chrono shard isn't great, and low random proc rate means much greater chance of not lining up with BoS.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taek View Post
    Simmed pretty badly for me, but you might as well check your setup. Proc rate on chrono shard isn't great, and low random proc rate means much greater chance of not lining up with BoS.
    The set bonus wasn't as good as I thought it was, but the chrono shard is my 2nd best trinket currently.

First I want to point out you should sim every piece of gear that may be an upgrade with stat priority on.

Depending on legendaries your stat priority can greatly change. I currently only have a belt for frost specific legendaries but when I first got it and simmed it haste went from my worst stat (was at 25%) to tied with mastery single target (it increased by over 1.2 point of damage per point of haste). At this point, for me, even on a 3-5 add hectic cleave with out using BoS or pre-pots haste and mastery have almost exact same stat weight. Mastery is ahead it varies between .04-.1 depending on gear for single target, till either mastery is at 38% or haste is at 30%. If I am under 25% haste becomes worth about 1 point more than mastery and if mastery is at 38% and haste is below 25%, haste becomes worth even more. for me anything under 25% crit and crit is tied with the rest of them but as soon as I pass 25% its between .5-1 point below the other 2 and anything past 30 and it drops below vers.

In short that 5 or 10 ilvl upgrade isn't always an upgrade. A socket is worth slightly less than 5 ilvls on a mian piece of gear and on trinkets its worth slightly less than 10.

That being said there is a wonderful chart of all trinkets scaled from 860 to 925 MG or BoS spec, and as you will see pretty much stat sticks are going to be your best friend. I dont have a CoF as of yet so I dont know if it would be better than my 900 str/haste stat stick or 900 str/mast stat stick in a dungeon (only took me about 250k nether shards). I have a 900 eye of command also And its barely better than my haste/mast stat sticks. Single target 6min sim 50k itterations its a 6.5k dps increase (simming at 865k dps EoC w/ belt/KJBW and 858.5k with mast stat stick, belt/KJBW). if you have to switch targets at all during the fight EoC is going to be by far worse. Run away on trilliax for cakes 2 times and its going to be worse for sure. The one other trinket on that chat that looks amazing is chaos talisman. Every time you run away from krosus all 20 stacks will reset and only basic melee attacks will build stacks. If your on mythic krosus progression your lookin at resetting all the stacks on EoC and CT 3 times not including running away to soak.

If you manage to get a 900+ Night Bane chest piece with a 900+ EoC with 4pc would be ideal but kind of un-realistic

docs(dot goes here)google(dot)com/spreadsheets/d/1efg3uitY4HDHjnBtUckq5RPJ1XyyZIzVbt52otMa8Uc/htmlview?sle=true#

If your In Doubt Sim It