Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    Witcher 3 made by bethesda.
    That would be horrible. The Witcher's best parts are interesting gray characters, story, sidequests -- something Bethesda is shit at.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    id like a game in either black marsh elswear or the red guard place i forget the name thats about it for what i want.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Isn't it just going to stop like Warcraft did when it went online? I'd be surprised to see new entries in the series outside of ESO any time soon.
    that's really unlikely eos is trash and no way they would throw away the ip like that.

General elderscrolls style with story as good as witcher 3 ( yeah i know it aint gonna happen but one can dream)

They can probably re-work the combat and actually make a spell caster build decent, more enchanting options. More spell trees ect.

Would like a fallout 4 type building system but one on sterioids and more build own castle then a small hut.

And ALOT more quest where your options actually really effect the world, and not just that main quest have some small effect in the end.from quest 1 your options should effect the world.

I would love a Daggerfall remake. Basically just spruce up the graphics, drop in a modernized combat engine and other stuff like that. I dont want to see a small corner of tamriel. i absolutely know that with fallout 4 graphics that is all but impossible to do something that large.

Realistically i wanna see Summerset Isles or Black Marsh. I want guilds that actually reward you for using the right skills like Morrowind had. Its a bit annoying that the best thief/assassin in the world also leads the companions and the college of mages.

Streamline the magic system a bit. I want to be able to use more spells more easily. I want there to be a true purpose to other magic outside of destruction and to a lesser extent restoration. Alteration is all but useless.

Also, kind of a no brainer, but a build your own fortress feature would be nice. With some more features along the lines of the special vendors in FO4. I want to hire a legit guard captain, i want to choose my court of advisers. I want to have followers that can go do my preston garvey type missions for me, and i want to be able to run across them while they are doing their missions. Just randomly see them off fighting dremora or something.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    That would be horrible. The Witcher's best parts are interesting gray characters, story, sidequests -- something Bethesda is shit at.
    What i'm saying is that witcher 3 set the bar high, if bethesda doesn't live up to it (they won't) i won't buy the game.

TES6 closed pre-alpha is ongoing already under heavy NDA (version 0.2.2), of course it's just a rumour and i'm definitely not in it

At this point, I'd really like to go back to Morrowind. A remaster of that is what I really want. That was easily the best storyline in elder scrolls.

For Elder Scrolls 6, maybe Hammerfell or Orsinium.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some things missing or lacking from Skyrim I would love to see return.

Decent Magic Builds and magic that can scale. Once you get a certain level, magic falls flat as opposed to any weapon attacks.
    Unarmed Combat builds. I loved having an unarmed character in Oblivion.

While the new skill trees in Skyrim was a massive improvement, they still need to streamline some skills together. Like combining weapon skills or armor skills. And perhaps some easier way or more options to level some magic skills would help.
    I liked some of the perks, but leveling magic was such a pain that I usually ignored it in favor of Bow and Weapon attacks.

Some more story bits will be nice, but my main wants are gameplay currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Prifter View Post
    I want Bethesda to stop removing RPG elements from every instalment. Bring back skills they removed like Hand to Hand combat. Make more elaborate quests, quests that you will remember for a long time for having scary, epic, sad moments. Emotion is lacking in Skyrim even more so in Fallout 4.

Also I'd like an Elder Scrolls game where your character is simply a random person and not a chosen one.
    I don't find this appealing.. I don't want to play an RPG to be ordinary. I like coming out of it feeling like a god and just being able to decimate shit as the game developes while still struggling against greater challenges.

Unless I was just an ordinary person that developed awesome god like skills and didn't start out as some chosen one, then that could work.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want a world that updates. I probably got more enjoyment out of hearthfire than pretty much anything so up-scaling that (and staying the hell away from FO4 housing) would be a good start. Hell if the rumors on Valenwood are true, being able to customize a tree house on a walking tree might be a really good start and could even a semi immersive way to handle fast travel.

Oh and if there are voiced PCs, I'm not even buying it

Bring back consequences. I miss being able to complete wreck your save in morrowind in you killed the wrong person. Yeah you could reload your last save but who knows how far back that was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    If they want to go with voiced protagonist in this they should really hire Tommy Wiseau. At least then it will be "funny" bad not just bad as it was in F4.

I'd like a game that explores the Dunmer/Aleid while they were alive.

All I really want is to see Akavir.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    ESO does explore the Ayleids in several quests that shortly take you back in time tbh
    Yes. You meet the king and his soldiers during some battle. But that is like one quest line.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Well you were not the chosen one in Oblivion. You were just a criminal who happened to be in the right cell
    More like the right dream amirite?

I want a more refined magic system, that blends making cookie cutter formulaic spells with outside-the-box spells as well. Also a bit more physical interaction with the spell system would be nice (think Dark Messiah of might and magic).

I would kinda like if they kept things like the shouts, I liked having them, even though they were totally weaksauce (except the nondamage ones) and ended up editing them on later playthroughs to give them some significance.

I also want them to finally kiss good bye to their old arse engine.

/EDIT: That is at least as far as possible things are concerned. I mean I would love for them to actually have story as it would befit a game in 2017/18, but we all know Betheda is at best meh when it comes to story. Even when the story is good, their janky execution kinda screws it up..

I also fear that TES:O has fucked over the franchise for good :/.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-05-08 at 07:59 AM.

What do I expect?

1.) The game will be set a few years after the events of TESV: Skyrim (which starts in 4E201). It will likely be in the range of 4E207 - 4E213. There's no way Bethesda will break the trend of setting each subsequent iteration of the main series chronologically after the previous one.

2.) The game-world will be set in Valenwood, as per the 2014 leaked document. Half of the things listed on that document became true, and "Project Greenheart" is also listed. As we should all know by now, Greenheart is a city in Valenwood with its own unique history (especially involving the Wilderkings).

3.) Since Bethesda received a lot of negative feedback about certain features in both Skyrim and Fallout 4, I expect them to listen & reintroduce some of the features that fans loved in previous TES games.

4.) I also expect Bethesda to release DLC content a couple years after the next main-series game release. If the next game is indeed set in Valenwood, they can easily save the development of the moving tree-city Falinesti for DLC.

What do I want?

1.) I personally want the next game to be set in Hammerfell. I want to get away from the Thalmor plot and go to a province that the Skyrim Civil War's outcome has absolutely no impact on. ALSO: Before anyone says it, Hammerfell is in-fact not "100% desert".

2.) I do not want to see Settlements return en-masse. If people want settlements so badly, I'd rather it be just one unique location in the entire game where you can customize the architecture and facilities (such as the abandoned city of Gilverdale in Valenwood, or the ruined city of Taneth in Hammerfell).

3.) I agree that there should be more Skills this time around. Don't go down from 18 total skills. Instead, Bethesda, try aiming for 33 [or even 39] total Skills. Still easily equally-divided under the three Specializations. I've already devised an entire list of Skills that I'd love to see return elsewhere on the Internet.

4.) I want the return of Classes. No custom-classes, however. I want a large selection of Classes that each specialize in a certain number of the available Skills as their "Major" Skills, and the "Minor" Skills should once again impact Character Level progression. "Miscellaneous" Skills would ideally have the least impact.

5.) I don't care if TES VI isn't coming out this year or next year, or the year after. I want Bethesda to announce something about the game at this year's E3. I want Bethesda to simply reveal the setting of the game (both the province and the exact date), so that we could continue to speculate more in-depth about what might be happening this time around.

6.) I could care less about the player's character either being a special 'chosen one' or a random nobody, but I do want Bethesda to take advantage of the Lore of whatever Province will be the next game's setting as an excuse to give your player character a special power. For example, if the next game is in Hammerfell, Sword-Singing should be the new special power to completely replace the Thu'um from Skyrim (but not necessarily the spell effects that the Thu'um itself replaced). I'd personally love it if your character could have the option to learn these powers in order to become an Ansei.

7.) Finally, while I do care about expanding on the Magic system (and reintroducing spell effects), I'm mostly concerned about Destruction and Restoration Spells that would be unique to certain parts of Tamriel. For example: Wind and Sand magic are unique to the Alik'r Desert in Hammerfell. The only reason you could use "Whirlwind Cloak" in Skyrim's Dragonborn expansion is because of Neloth's research into said magic. In regards to Hammerfell, there's also "Stone" magic.

That's all from me, for now.