Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Battlegrounds as Alliance

I am probably not the only one who noticed that winning BGs as Alliance is mission impossible. This faction just sucks at doing tactics and communicating. Everything that is not a complete zergfest is a loss. I just had Twin Peaks where Horde carrier just walked through middle with our flag, with only me and a disc priest trying to kill him. Alliance wouldn't even try to get the flag, let alone kill the fc. Same in Mines, Gorge, and don't get me started on AB. Do you think there is a chance we get the old school CTA back for specific battlegrounds so we can actually spam AV once every 2 months to properly catch up with honor?
    Burn it. BURN IT!

I got over 60% win rate as alliance in random bg's. Only mines where I have less than 50% win rate.

What are you doing to help win? Do you call out incs? Go to other people calling incs? Attack healers? Usually just having one person starting to call incs and tell people where to go is enough to drastically increase your win chances.

Had one AB just recently where the whole alliance team were trying to capture mines where the whole horde team was. Would have continued that way if I hadn't called out to people to go LM instead. They did and the one poor horde guarding it got run over and we eventually won the game. Have had several EotS where there was a fight at the flag, where everyone was attacking the horde dps trying to catch the flag, while their healers stood in the background healing completely undisturbed. Use "/s attack the priest healer in the back" or whatever often (though not always) actually get people to do just that.

Start communicating yourself. It might be that no one listens anyway, but once in a while they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthium View Post
    I am probably not the only one who noticed that winning BGs as Alliance is mission impossible. This faction just sucks at doing tactics and communicating. Everything that is not a complete zergfest is a loss. I just had Twin Peaks where Horde carrier just walked through middle with our flag, with only me and a disc priest trying to kill him. Alliance wouldn't even try to get the flag, let alone kill the fc. Same in Mines, Gorge, and don't get me started on AB. Do you think there is a chance we get the old school CTA back for specific battlegrounds so we can actually spam AV once every 2 months to properly catch up with honor?
    Which region are you in? Because in the US it feels like it's more so Alliance winning than Horde because Horde rather kill kill kill than objectives.

My Faction = morons with tunnel vision
    Their Faction = PvP Gods

We have this wonderful Mercenary Mode so you can see for yourself that both teams are retarded. Doesn't even matter what prestige bracket we take, at low prestige people are off the objective because they are clueless, at high prestige people are off the objective because they expect others to win while they top the leaderboard.

Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    My Faction = morons with tunnel vision
    Their Faction = PvP Gods

We have this wonderful Mercenary Mode so you can see for yourself that both teams are retarded. Doesn't even matter what prestige bracket we take, at low prestige people are off the objective because they are clueless, at high prestige people are off the objective because they expect others to win while they top the leaderboard.
    That would be nice, if it worked. I have never ever seen it work for Horde out of either expansion. Queue up every time with the buff, get stuck on Horde side still with buff in tact. Group queue, brawl, random, specific bg's all nope.

I don't know, I find that in any given day as Alliance I can go from one pug that is horrible...midfighiting, no focus on objectives, no focusing heals, then the next game will have a group that communicates, follows through on strats, focuses heals and objectives and easily pulls off wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    That would be nice, if it worked. I have never ever seen it work for Horde out of either expansion. Queue up every time with the buff, get stuck on Horde side still with buff in tact. Group queue, brawl, random, specific bg's all nope.
    Merc. mode definitely works as Horde.

It's the only way I queue because horde queues are roughly 10+min where Alliance are instant queues. Not sure what you're doing wrong but you're definitely doing something.

EDIT: Talking about NA where Horde is pretty dominant in regard to numbers. EU appears to be more Alliance so that could explain if you're EU and the numbers just aren't there?

Quote Originally Posted by Deadc3ll View Post
    Merc. mode definitely works as Horde.

It's the only way I queue because horde queues are roughly 10+min where Alliance are instant queues. Not sure what you're doing wrong but you're definitely doing something.

EDIT: Talking about NA where Horde is pretty dominant in regard to numbers. EU appears to be more Alliance so that could explain if you're EU and the numbers just aren't there?
    Explain how you are doing it, because I've looked every where and tried everything on getting it to work and can't. No one I've talked to in-game has gotten it to work right either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which region are you in? Because in the US it feels like it's more so Alliance winning than Horde because Horde rather kill kill kill than objectives.
    In the EU its the other way around. Frustrating as fuck
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

I just attempted 4 bgs, all 4 lost, all 4 and I wonder, are people just incredible stupid? They ignore carts, they ignore healers, they ignore anything but zerging uselessly. I just cant get my head around it..

Deleted
    As a Horde (on EU) I lose more than I win.

But tbh, we always seem to face Russian premades that lag so hard it's near impossible to hit them with a melee class.

Explain how you are doing it, because I've looked every where and tried everything on getting it to work and can't. No one I've talked to in-game has gotten it to work right either.
    Go to the NPC located in the underbelly in Dalaran and talk to him. Take the contract or whatever and you will see a 30min timer up by mini map indicating you are in mercenary mode. I have only done this once and while fighting with the Alliance I didn't lose a game (I am Horde).

Type in the instance chat at the beginning of the game to focus healers. If you don't do this then somehow everyone forgets.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've finally learned that both sides are absolute shitters in random BGs. I was alliance, lost BGs all the time. Faction changed, still lost. Mercenary, lost. Maybe I'm the reason we lose

Quote Originally Posted by Bearilla View Post
    Go to the NPC located in the underbelly in Dalaran and talk to him. Take the contract or whatever and you will see a 30min timer up by mini map indicating you are in mercenary mode. I have only done this once and while fighting with the Alliance I didn't lose a game (I am Horde).

Type in the instance chat at the beginning of the game to focus healers. If you don't do this then somehow everyone forgets.

Yup, did that exactly the other night. Went to the underbelly and talked to the Battleground Recruiter. He gave an option saying something along "Yes, I'm willing to fight alongside the Alliance". Then gave a 30 minute buff that looked like gold coins. Proceeded to queue up for a battleground and every time I was ported in I was on Horde side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthium View Post
    Some of it was the racial changes when they nerfed Human EMFH and so now the preferred PvP race is Orc. Hence a lot of better PvPers faction hopped as did their followers.

Yup, did that exactly the other night. Went to the underbelly and talked to the Battleground Recruiter. He gave an option saying something along "Yes, I'm willing to fight alongside the Alliance". Then gave a 30 minute buff that looked like gold coins. Proceeded to queue up for a battleground and every time I was ported in I was on Horde side.
    Weird.... Maybe it is not a "hard" contract. Maybe it only queues you as the other faction if there is need. I am not sure though. Might be worth looking into.

This definitely ain't the case on US.

So many alliance premades with multiple healers. In a random BG, 3 competent healers is a ridiculous advantage. throw in a Guardian Druid and..yeah.... Still, my winrate is probably just under 50% as Horde.

Deleted
    In random BGs (EU) I face mostly well coordinated horde teams that somehow focus my teamplayers one by one...or we start 8-9 vs 10 and it stays this way until the game is halfway lost

Its worse off peak hours...during peak hours its kinda balanced. When many people play I sometimes play some other BG than 10men...yay! So im seriously thinking about dropping my goal of reaching max prestige by doing casual BGs...which is a shame because devs now have all the tools to improve this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Naturalna View Post
    In random BGs (EU) I face mostly well coordinated horde teams that somehow focus my teamplayers one by one...or we start 8-9 vs 10 and it stays this way until the game is halfway lost.
    I have been noticing this a lot this last week, most often in Twin Peaks. The game starting 2 Alliance down, or 2 leaving shortly after the bg starts and we never manage to get replacements until Horde have already capped two flags. With merc mode active, I really can't see an excuse for it happening as often as it does.

I think you guys need to make some friends.

I almost never queue solo. When I do queue solo, you can tell pretty easily by the opening skirmish how the game is going to go. Going good, I stay and try. Going bad, I afk and do other things for 15 minutes.

The real trick though is to for a group. We almost always run 2 healers, 3 dps. Sometimes we have 2 dps and a tank, depends on the night. A 5 man team can turn a BG very quickly. As an example, a week or so ago we queued as a 5 man and got into an already in progress game (almost never happens). Twin Peaks, Horde 2 caps, Alliance 0, 9 minutes left. We zone in, kill the third cap and then 2 cap and win at time 2-2. I am sure horde were super pissed, but when you have a coordinated 5 man team in voice it is super easy. Sometimes there are games that are beyond your control like eye of the storm is a hard one if the other team is competent and your team is not because of the nature of the BG.

It is also very fun to play in a group and chat while playing. I highly suggest it to everyone. If you don't have a good friends list, use the in-game group finder to create a random BG 5 man group. When you meet someone you like ask them to be Btag friends. Eventually you will have a roster of friends that you can play with.

EDIT: The DK I play on Alliance was a boost I created in WoD to raid with friends. (had been horde side forever before). Here are my stats, mostly this expansion.

831 played, 626 won. 75% winrate. Only 9 AV games (6 wins) Only 26 IoC games (26 wins). That also includes my RBG play which has a worse winrate (roughly 60%) so the randoms are brought down a bit. Just get some friends, games are always more fun when you play with people instead of solo.
    Last edited by Tyrean; 2017-05-09 at 04:14 PM.