Modifier macro, what im doing wrong?

So for my bear specc, im wanted to do a macro so I have Pulverize and Mangle on same button

#showtooltip [modifier:ctrl] Pulverize; Mangle
    /cast [modifier:ctrl] Pulverize; Mangle

Adn then put macro on spell bar "2". the macro works as when I press ctrl it change tooltip and if I mouseclick on it it works correctly.
    But too my problem, I want to be able to press ctrl+"2" to use Pulverize but if I press it nothing happends... =/

So is this not possible? Or om doing something wrong?
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 | AMD FX-8320 @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz Cl9 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Vapor-X GHz Edition |
    XFX ProSeries XXX 850W | Fractal Design Define R4 | Samsung 840 ProSerie 256GB | 3TB HDD

Do you have ctrl+2 bound to something else? you can just rebind ctrl+2 to that key to make sure

10+ Year Old Account
    Ctrl+1/2/3 etc are bound to pet action bars, you need to unbind them before you can use the macro.

Also, you don't need the extra fluff in the top line, #showtooltip works fine and alters when you press the modifier.

Quote Originally Posted by Rehok View Post
    Do you have ctrl+2 bound to something else? you can just rebind ctrl+2 to that key to make sure
    Likely this. As an additional tip, #showtooltip can usually be left on it's own, as it will show the spell anyway. If you make more of these in the future just [mod:ctrl] will do as well if you want to save some letters.

Quote Originally Posted by Rehok View Post
    Was my first tought, but cant find anything bount to ctrl+2... but rebind ctrl+2 to same key, didnt think about it Will try

- - - Updated - - -

There we go Such an easy fix.. Totaly missed that it was bind to pet action even after I have looked trough key bindings 3-4 times.. sometimes im just blind.
    And thansk for the hints on less text Not using macros so often so I just google when I need something and was the first I found

But thanks for help <3
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 | AMD FX-8320 @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz Cl9 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Vapor-X GHz Edition |
    XFX ProSeries XXX 850W | Fractal Design Define R4 | Samsung 840 ProSerie 256GB | 3TB HDD

An easier solution that I use is just to put Mangle on button "2", and then make a hotkey on another key for ctrl+2 and put pulverize there. So I don't need to make any macros and it works 100%.

That is one hell of complex structure for a macro

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:ctrl] Pulverize; Mangle
    This should do the same with a lot less characters.
    #showtooltip always shows the first eligible spell, so no need to force it to show pulverize or mangle.
    "mod" is the shorthand for "modifier"

An easier solution that I use is just to put Mangle on button "2", and then make a hotkey on another key for ctrl+2 and put pulverize there. So I don't need to make any macros and it works 100%.
    Sure that would work, to a certain degree, but it makes the use of action bar pages limited.
    Last edited by Geschan; 2017-05-09 at 09:09 AM.

Deleted
    As others have pointed out, just '#showtooltip' is okay for the first line. It'll automatically update to whatever the spell is. If you weren't aware, you can also select the red ? icon (I think the very first icon in the list), and the picture will update automatically to spell it'll use.

Since macros have a character limit of 255, you can write 'mod' instead of 'modifier' and it will work the same. Just a handy tip if ever you write a longer macro sometime!

On topic: Like the others, I think the problem might be that Ctrl-2 is already bound to something else. You could try changing 'ctrl' to 'alt', and then using alt-2 to try the macro. If it works, the problem would be with the keybindings.

I got in to the habit of opening up the keybinding list and binding everything that I wanted to, to follow and then unbinding it straight away. Leaves me sure that the combo I want isn't linked to anything and saves me having to check through all the tabs.

Alt might break is as it's usually the self cast default modifier. Check that you don't have Ctrl set there instead.
    Interface > Combat

Quote Originally Posted by Geschan View Post
    This should do the same with a lot less characters.
    I can beat that!

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [mod:ctrl]Pulverize;Mangle

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    I can beat that!

Code:
    #showtooltip
    Who needs tooltips, the icon will do
    Code:
    #show

That changes the nature of the macro-- I call shenanigans! Otherwise you could do

Code:
    /use [mod]Pulverize;Mangle
    and claim victory.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLimonTree View Post
    Likely this. As an additional tip, #showtooltip can usually be left on it's own, as it will show the spell anyway. If you make more of these in the future just [mod:ctrl] will do as well if you want to save some letters.
    As an additional letter saving, /use and /cast are interchangeable.
    Less of a saving maybe, but a saving is a saving.
    @Schizoide already demonstrated that.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.