Thread: Is Odyn evil?

Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Is Odyn evil?

Betraying Helya and killing her and turning her into a fallen Val'kyr, deeming the dragon aspects incompetent, trying to kill Skovald entire family in cold blood all the while talking about valor.

Why do warriors follow him again?

Yes he somewhat is, but then again Sylvanas isn't good either and she is warchief, the ebon blade etc.

Because he plays it all off like it was things that had to be done. Granted, he wasn't wrong about the Skovald bloodline, they're all fucked in the head.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    He isn't as much of "evil" as he is massive self-absorbed arrogant deranged cunt. Calling him evil is afront to all evil people.

As for second question, warriors are known for below-average inteligence and poor social skills. After he pats them on the head and call good valorous girl they just can't disobey him.

Deleted
    Killing things in cold blood isn't a warrior thing to do, right?

Let's not forget blizzard is basing the class-fantasy on vikings; warriors known to rape and pillage half europe...
    They could have gotten it worse tbh...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Velvet View Post
    trying to kill Skovald entire family in cold blood all the while talking about valor.
    wat? I thought skovald killed his own family because of greed and hunger for power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, he wasn't wrong to distrust the Aspects. Malygos went mad, Nozdormu went insane upon seeing his death and tried to undo it by f***ing with the timelines, Ysera got herself corrupted (it was a fast strike, I'll give her that, but still), and Deathwing.. (huh, I just realized we only have 2 Aspects left).

But, hey, hindsight is 20/20.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Potpourri87 View Post
    wat? I thought skovald killed his own family because of greed and hunger for power.
    I'll give you a hint. A giant flame-bearded man hired assassins to kill them off.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Skovald killed one half, Odyn the second.

the old ways is not like the new ways of new generation
    if you work for a titanic creation leader like odyn you don't get free will to do what you like
    you have agree with your king like most king on old time if he ask you to sacrifice yourself for the greater good to help on defending Azeroth
    that what titanic creation was made for to defend the world soul
    so you what you asked for if you don't you get killed or dragged like a sheep into doing it
    and Illidan is much more evil killing way more soldiers to gain power to destroy an infernal so they don't lose the keep

Deleted
    Betraying Helya and killing her and turning her into a fallen Val'kyr, deeming the dragon aspects incompetent, trying to kill Skovald entire family in cold blood all the while talking about valor.

No, he's not evil. Helya was threatening to destroy his plans, risking the very survival of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    He isn't as much of "evil" as he is massive self-absorbed arrogant deranged cunt. Calling him evil is afront to all evil people.

As for second question, warriors are known for below-average inteligence and poor social skills. After he pats them on the head and call good valorous girl they just can't disobey him.
    This, very much this.

2 parts to this: In a world quest you found out Skovald murdered his mother and brothers after his father's passing to ascend to power; In the artifact challenge quest line you find out Odyn sent assassins to murder Skovald's wife, son and daughter after his death in HoV.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Nozdormu went insane upon seeing his death and tried to undo it by f***ing with the timelines
    Wait what? Source.

No, Odyn did that. Basically, there was a Vrykul prophecy about a girl with Skovald's blood who would lead the Tideskorn and turn from friend to foe in the war with the "burning foes" (Burning Legion). When Odyn found out about that prophecy, he ordered the death of everyone in Skovald's family. That didn't work out well, as Skovald's daughter - Sigryn - and her brother managed to escape. Later on, Sigryn found out about it from Eyir and succumbed to the Fel in her blood, turning into foe just as the prophecy stated.

It didn't last long, though, since in the next step in that quest chain, we beat Sigryn back to her senses and she apologized to Eyir, and Eyir forgave her. All was well with the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Wait what? Source.
    "The End Time"'s description: "<...>After the titans showed him his own death, the tormented Nozdormu was tricked by the Old Gods into trying to subvert his mortality. As a result, Nozdormu shattered the timeways and created the infinite dragonflight... jeopardizing the very future of Azeroth".

Well, he didn't went insane upon seeing his own death as that poster stated per se, but his death played a part in the transformation into Murozond.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2017-05-09 at 01:47 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post

I don't know about you but I sure as hell can't say no to a thicc val'kyr girl after a battle

Remember when algalon decided the right thing to do was to just press the reset button on azeroth and recreate the whole planet - Killing everything that already exists on it in the process!- .. was he evil? You can't really judge a titan construct with our standards. A colossal dick is probably a more fitting adjective for Odyn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyRockets View Post
    I don't know about you but I sure as hell can't say no to a thicc val'kyr girl after a battle
    I prefer trustworthy girls. God knows how many burly, sweaty, hairy, unhygenic vrykul men already had the...pleasure (?).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Wait what? Source.
    Murozond. I didn't realized that it was Old God trickery, but it's still insanity. Basically the Titans gifted him with a vision of his own demise. At some point in the future, the Old God's trick him into believing he can prevent it from happening. He becomes Murozond, leader of the Infinite Dragonflight. And send's his Infinite's to mess with the timelines. Sources: Check you're Dungeon Journal for End Time and read his background paragraph thing. Also, Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects http://wow.gamepedia.com/Nozdormu#Th...of_the_Aspects
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by archanfels View Post

2 parts to this: In a world quest you found out Skovald murdered his mother and brothers after his father's passing to ascend to power; In the artifact challenge quest line you find out Odyn sent assassins to murder Skovald's wife, son and daughter after his death in HoV.
    Thanks, didn't know that. never played a warrior

Deleted

Meh more like fixated to his way of doing things in order like Algalon.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks, didn't know that. never played a warrior
    It is also part of the Enhancement shamans artifact challenge QL as well..

Of the three that the assassins went after you find out that the son and daughter survived, you help Sigryn to find her brother who you also find out is still alive, but as succumbed to the power of the Fel.. After you dispatch him for Sigryn she declares herself God-Queen and from that, when available you do the God-Queens Fury challenge quest..