Deleted

A radical theory on Jaina's whereabouts

So for a long time the community has come to the conclusion that Jaina is a dreadlord. That she has died at various points in time depending on the theory. What I have is a possible new theory or at least a decent explanation for where she is, So here we go!

Lets go back in time to Tides of War the cover of this book shows Jaina underwater. As Rhonin protects them in the portal Jaina is rendered unconscious this is where the point of departure happens as to keep the "illusion to the player/reader base intact" Who would benefit the most from the Mists Campaign and the War between the Alliance and Horde on azeroth?

Now what do we have nearby, Alcaz Island a place filled with Naga. It would require someone of immense power to keep that illusion intact. So with this in place could it be possible that Queen Azshara replaced Jaina? Here are my reasons:

• Alcaz Island though far from the Naga capital is an outpost of sorts but the Queen has shown up in many places, from Darkshore to the Broken Isles.
    • The Queen is the most powerful mage alive on azeroth, replicating Jainas spells would be simple for her. As would maintaining a glamor spell as she did to Prince farondis in Azune.
    • Using the focusing Iris on Orgrimmar was the original plan but seeing Kalecgos the former aspect of magic may have granted her certain insights or atleast ideas on how to proceed and weaken long term than drown the city at that time. As well as the potential to manipulate the dragon himself.
    • Taking a more relaxed stance in dalaran she would have been in position to make it "easier" for the players to steal the Divine bell. Ordering the Purge would remove those who could potentially see past the illusion. As well as ensuring the alliance does not bring the Blood Elves back into the alliance and granting her further chaos in the War.
    • Seizing the Thunder Kings powers would grant her mastery over the Skies, along with her own sea powers. Boosting her potential and gathering power for when the time is right.
    • Having the Alliance and Horde at each others throat and pushing for the dismantlement of the horde at the end would only weaken the alliance further to occupy the horde. Weakening Azeroth's defenders even further.
    • During the events of War Crimes Jaina is killed during the fight with her Shadow counterpart. If Queen Azshara is half as powerful as we suspect her to be, another illusion is hardly the matter.
    • Granting power to the player during the WoD campaign would give her chance to investigate the potential of the iron horde and its actions. As well as seeing if Draenor has anything useful.
    • Quitting the council of Six for bring back the sunreavers. It could be an indication that her plan is not going as expected. As we know that azeroth is stronger together and it's never been more united than right now. A true wedge in her plans and she has abandoned or altered the main plan.

If this is true Jaina could very well be a prisoner somewhere, possibly kul tiras which could be under occupation in its own right. Its far out but it would atleast give the writers a way out with what Jainas character has become and make the Queen pretty bad ass if true. What do you think?

Heres a better theory. They couldnt figure out how to fit her in with Khadgar taking over her spot, so shes just been left out for now.

7+ Year Old Account
    oh my god.

i'd rather have dreadlord jaina then undercover queen azshara.

- - - Updated - - -

seriously, could we stop trying to make jaina a undercover demon/naga/whatever?
    every time there is a jaina thread, its not a normal discussion about lore, its always insanely stupid speculation about jaina being someone else in disguise.

i hate jesse cox for this stupid outdated pathethic dreadlord meme that started it all.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2017-06-13 at 06:59 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Maybe I should have titled this "How to reintroduce Jaina"...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    oh my god.

i'd rather have dreadlord jaina then undercover queen azshara.

- - - Updated - - -

seriously, could we stop trying to make jaina a undercover demon/naga/whatever?
    agreed
    i mean why does everyone say "she has to be evil, why would she do X and Y"
    idk maybe because she let the horde kill her father to stop the horde from being destroyed
    she gave baine personal funds to help him recapture thunderbluff
    she allowed the horde into dalaran and assisted the horde many times in different quests etc
    she forgave the horde for destroying theramore by not flooding orggrimmar

what did she get in return?
    they destroyed theramore
    killed her best friend
    killed her apprentice
    killed her people
    captured and tortured her people, making them kill eachother, used them as target practice, tortured children infront of their parents, or parents infront of children
    used her city to steal from the alliance
    allmost killed her friends son, who she was acting like a mother figure to
    caused the death of her friend (varian, but again we all know they had to retreat, but i mean we are omnipresent beings who know anything and everything about all in the game and its lore...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    When ever I see the word radical, I think of skateboarding. So I would assume she is skateboarding somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    Heres a better theory. They couldnt figure out how to fit her in with Khadgar taking over her spot, so shes just been left out for now.
    I support this theory. They wrote Jaina into a corner (ugh, the novels) and then they just removed her cause they realised how ridiculous she's become. They have no clue how to fix her ATM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    I support this theory. They wrote Jaina into a corner (ugh, the novels) and then they just removed her cause they realised how ridiculous she's become. They have no clue how to fix her ATM.
    It’s not that hard:

- A hordie or a bunch of hordies save her life (by possibly giving up theirs)
    - Thalen Songweaver (the one for Theramore’s fall and Garrosh’s escape) is being given as a prisoner towards the Alliance (since he betrayed the horde, too) the Kirin Tor or Jaina.
    - Jaina is put in charge of Kul’Tiras or Theramore is being rebuilt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by D-angeL View Post
    It’s not that hard:

- A hordie or a bunch of hordies save her life (by possibly giving up theirs)
    - Thalen Songweaver (the one for Theramore’s fall and Garrosh’s escape) is being given as a prisoner towards the Alliance (since he betrayed the horde, too) the Kirin Tor or Jaina.
    - Jaina is put in charge of Kul’Tiras or Theramore is being rebuilt.
    Meh, these are all so bland and boring. Especially 2nd.

It would be much better if jaina went all out n'zoth and as her initiations, killed all kirin-tor younglings.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that is pretty dumb. If she was anything other then her own self, she would never have left Dalaran and stayed absent during the entire Legion thing. If she was a dreadlord, she would have stayed and leaked information. If she was Naga or queen Azshara, why would she again leave Dalaran? She could have stayed or went to Azsuna with some loyal mages and gotten the tidestone herself.

The most understandable reason for her to be absent, is the same as with characters like Wrathion: Blizzard are simply too lazy or simply can't find a way to put these characters in the current story. They proberly thought that having 2 mages in the main story, khadgar AND Jaine, would be too much, which is dumb and is what makes the story so bad atm.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

I could definitely see something like this happening. In Cataclysm we uncovered several false flag plots that the Twilight's Hammer were using to keep the Horde and Alliance at each other's throats, so it wouldn't be a stretch to find out that somebody picked up where they left off (especially the naga, since they were both working together).

I'm pretty sure Jaina is just Jaina though, and the biggest problem with her at this point is just poor communication between different writing teams.

The whole thing just drives me nuts, from the very beginning, because the arc made more sense than a lot of people gave it credit for, but then it's like they got a new writer on who didn't know who Jaina was and ruined the sense that was there. I remember when Blizzard first promised that they would be making Jaina cool, presumably in response to a lot of people who were upset that she hadn't done much except cry over a couple of tragedies. I was worried then, because Jaina's character was still fine, they just hadn't gotten much use out of her (much like the perpetual Malfurion problem, where he spends so much time being kidnapped to prevent him from solving problems on his own, he hasn't actually gotten to do anything himself since Warcraft III).

Her providing a supply line through Theramore made sense. Jaina wasn't a pacifist, it was just that in Warcraft III she was one of the first to recognize that the Horde were once good people and had once more broken free from their corruption. In other words, there was no longer a reason to war with them at the time. Once Garrosh came onto the scene, however, there was. Garrosh was stomping around, threatening everyone's chance to foil the Hour of Twilight, and generally being a menace and destroying sacred lands.

His plan to nuke Theramore (using his own soldiers as bait) was just the final straw. Jaina's reaction to that event was understandable, even if overboard and threatened a lot of innocent people itself. But she was talked down from it, and it was fine. Her speech in Landfall after those events showed that she had more or less recovered and everything was still in character.

Then they had the Divine Bell thing happen. The funny thing is, as much hate as she gets from the following Purge, it should be noted that Vareesa was actually spearheading that (which is much more in character for a Windrunner).

After that, though, Jaina's character has just gotten weird. Feeling threatened by the Horde, as a political entity, still makes sense (especially considering the inconsistent way they've been portrayed themselves), but they keep just portraying Jaina as racist. I'm sorry, but the person Jaina was wouldn't just start stereotyping the Horde races because of what happened to her. She knows better than that. What happened to her was terrible and she may never get over it, but she's smart enough and worldly enough to know that it wasn't the Horde races that hurt her.

Of course, what's worse is even that has been inconsistent. Every novel has Jaina recover and realize that she's letting the trauma get to her, only for the game to have her go right back to being racist in completely ridiculous ways, and getting angry at everyone who are more like she used to be.

Hopefully Christie Golden joining the team will help with this, and honestly? While I've kinda hoped that all of this, including her disappearance, was all part of some plot that we haven't gotten to yet, I would be happy if it turns out they simply wrote her out because they realized they have been destroying her, and when she comes back, she'll come back normal.

Nah, she is just preparing army on Kul Tiras. Remember the Warcraft 3 The Frozen Throne campaing? Remember Jaina`s father Daelin Proudmoore? He hated horde. Like realy realy much. He didnt care about peace between humans and orcs after legion invasion and started a war. So Jaina is just like him right now and we didnt get anything on Kul Tiras for a very long time. So I bet she is there and continuing her fathers work.

Let's just stick with her being a dreadlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Considering their reaction when Jesse Cox asked them about Jaina being a Dreadlord at Blizzcon, you can clearly see that they were completely unaware of his theory until then. If they actually end up doing it it would prove that they had absolutely no idea what to do with her (not that it's that hard to see anyway, but that would almost mean admitting it).

Jaina's off doing something else for 1 of 2 reasons, or possibly both:

1. She'll play a major role in the next expansion, and is thus held back from major visible role in this one.

2. She's pregnant with Kalecgos' babies this expansion.

Well, "radical" is definitely one way to describe this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Well, "radical" is definitely one way to describe this.
    You know what would be more radical ? Jaina flying mana-bomb filled "zeppelin of peace" right into dalaran.

I'm not sure if it's a joke or not.
    If it isn't...

She's not a dreadlord, she's not another mage in disguise, she's not some chaos creature, she's Jaina and that's it.
    We've seen her PoV.
    It's her.
    Stop this crap.
    Go speculate about Il'gynoth's whispers or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When ever I see the word radical, I think of skateboarding. So I would assume she is skateboarding somewhere.
    Would fit with her new angsty​ personality.

These days it counts as a blessing to be forgotten by the writers, because their main purpose of bringing a character from obscurity is to tie them to a raid.

So Jaina should count herself lucky so far.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals