Thread: Is Odyn evil?

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Well, sadly, when you look at history, it does.
    Not really, people who can shut the fuck up at least till get to point blank range are much better.

I can imagine odyn assasins yelling at their victims from like 2 kilometers. "Sniveling pig ! Your death will bring me great honor !"

I finished the World Quest "Fall of the Felskorn" in Broken Shore with my Rogue, and Odyn's response is interesting.

(This is from my memory so it might be a little off, but the general idea is here)

"Your fought very well Rogue, it's a shame that you're not born a Warrior. Well, I guess not everyone is without flaws."

That's right, Odyn treats a person not being born a warrior is a personal flaw, similar to some medieval society treat not being born into a certain Caste a flaw, except, this Caste is Warrior in Odyn's case.

Of course he is, and I can't wait until he's a raid boss so we can kill him dead.

Deleted
    He definitely gets angry after reminding him of Loken.

Deleted
    odyn is a fuckin condescending scumbag. fuck that guy

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Odyn puts the interests of Azeroth first, he isn't evil, he just does what must be done to protect it and serve the titans interests - it's a shame, one of the more interesting characters added for a long while and people seem to widely dislike him, for no real reason in my mind - maybe it's the swaggy beard
    I think it's actually because he's not easily categorised as black or white. Basically, they're unhappy the answer to the question "Is he either good or bad?" is no.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Which means that Odyn and his Valarjar were indeed a threat to him.

The fact that he "lost his job" does not make him incompetent. There was a disagreement between the Keepers on how things were to be done. And ultimately, both options (Aspects and Valarjar) failed. Well, now that Odyn has been freed, it remains to be seen if the Valarjar are failures.

I admit that what Odyn did to Helya was wrong and blew up in his face in the end. But then again, if she remained under Odyn's control, his plans would be running smoothly. And they did for an unkown period of time, since it is only when Loken was corrupted by Yogg-Saron that he freed Helya. No Keeper ever did anything to help her before that. So his plans did not fail because he was incompetent.
    Want Helya furious after Loken (corrupted) spill acid into her ears?