Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Which Characters Do You Want As Announcers?

With 2.0, we now have more ways to customise our games. Among my favourites of the new features is the character announcers (my current favourite being Brightwing). Blizzard has given us quite the variety with Gazlowe, Diablo, Murky, etc., but with Genji and D.Va announcers arriving next week, it's clear that Blizzard doesn't want to stop making these.

So, my question is: who do you want motivating you throughout your games? Which Blizzard character is missing [from the current roster] that you feel is charismatic enough to be a future announcer?

My votes go to Azmodan and Alarak (The latter I feel was a major oversight).
    Last edited by Arachnophobia; 2017-05-09 at 05:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always use Li Li, but I'd love to have Tyrael (If he doesnt exist already). Love that mans voice.

John De Lancie please, in any character.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Special guest announcers Kel'Thuzad and Gharbad the Weak!

definitely alarak

Deckard Cain!

I'd love to hear the original Overmind too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    I can only imagine how mad would the forums get if KT were made an announcer before he was playable. I want to see it. I also want KT to make comments about how much better he'd be if he were allowed to fight.

Steve Blum as Zoltun Kulle would be... cool.

Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    Kel'Thuzad would be good, also. There is no doubt in my mind that he'll come to The Nexus, and I'm certain Blizzard will also make an announcer out of him either on release or during the following hero release.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a fair amount of support for our Highlord already, which reminds me of a video I only found out about two or three days ago:

For those like me who don't keep up with Starcraft II, Alarak became an announcer/advisor at some point (coincidentally, along with D.Va).

"Your Thor is ready to fail you... again."
    Last edited by Arachnophobia; 2017-05-09 at 08:46 PM.

Alarak please, best voice ever.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arachnophobia View Post
    Kel'Thuzad would be good, also. There is no doubt in my mind that he'll come to The Nexus, and I'm certain Blizzard will also make an announcer out of him either on release or during the following hero release.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a fair amount of support for our Highlord already, which reminds me of a video I only found out about two or three days ago:

For those like me who don't keep up with Starcraft II, Alarak became an announcer/advisor at some point (coincidentally, along with D.Va).

"Your Thor is ready to fail you... again."
    It's even more wonderful than I could have imagined
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Not to derail your thread but I really want them to get past this "must be a playable character" concept as it's a tad awkward no matter who you're playing to hear [Insert Any Playable Hero] talking in third person and they have so many voice actors who don't play characters currently featured within the Nexus.

How about we literally have Deckard Cain as an announcer. And Gheed. And Matt Horner. And the SC1 Engineer. And Ysera. Screw it, Mylune, more than all others.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Knew when I click this it was going to be in favor of John De Lancie (Alarak) as a voice actor. I cast my vote for alarak as well. Disappointed when he wasn't an option in 2.0.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is obvious? Alarak is love Alarak is life!

Li Ming, the cockyness could be legendary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love a Sylvanas announcer personally. Others suggested Alarak or Li-Ming and both of those would be great too.

I was wondering when someone would bring up Sylvanas. She could make a good announcer.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Not to derail your thread but I really want them to get past this "must be a playable character" concept as it's a tad awkward no matter who you're playing to hear [Insert Any Playable Hero] talking in third person and they have so many voice actors who don't play characters currently featured within the Nexus.

How about we literally have Deckard Cain as an announcer. And Gheed. And Matt Horner. And the SC1 Engineer. And Ysera. Screw it, Mylune, more than all others.
    I wouldn't say it is out of the realms of possibility to add announcers for characters that aren't [right now] playable, but I made this thread following the current trend. Feel free to make a second vote for non-playable characters, if you feel strongly about it.

But, as AwkwardSquirtle previously stated, players may get upset about characters being released as announcers, before actually becoming playable.
    With that said, I think Deckard Cain could be an exception to the rule, as Blizzard has already brought him back a while ago to announce the Diablo special event with the Treasure Goblins, without making him playable, yet.

Deleted
    Cho'gall would be funny.