Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Farming t-mog blues

Warriors have the best t-mog around cause we are beastly awesome.

I have been on and off farming DS LFR for years to get the matching boots for the yellow DS tier gear. But alas, they have proven very hard to get.

I have recently decided to make this a main focus outside of raiding and this week will be week 3 of a 6 warrior farm for the boots. Thats right, I have 6 warriors now at 100+ with artifacts and ready to deal with Ultraxion till he gives me what I need.

Any transmog that has eluded you for a while?

I've been working on farming all available transmog for leather (83% of all items as of last count). I have tons that have eluded me due to not dropping or being impossibly expensive and I have a hard time justifying the price.

Old LFR items are some of the worst; especially DS. I've done LFR for months as several leather wearing classes and still missing a couple of pieces.

Raid trash drops. I still need items from kara, ulduar, naxx, and hfc trash. The older ones are bop and extremely annoying to farm due to antiquated instance caps. HFC boes you can buy but they have become ridiculously expensive (save your EN and NH boe cloaks to sell in a few years for transmog).

ICC has sooooo much transmog. ICC has 4 different sets of transmog from 4 difficulties: 10 man normal, 10 man heroic, 25 man normal, 25 man heroic. This makes it extremely tedious to collect all of it and before legions bandage gun transmog off dreamwalker was much harder to come by.

Personal loot items are pretty bad. I do most of my farming on my DH and am unable to get a lot of intellect personal loot from wod making me run dungeons/raids many more times for those specific drops.

Items in the wardrobe but not in game. Landfall Leather Boots and Landfall Moccasins had their model changed in MoP beta but both models are in the wardrobe and these both have unattainable appearances. Tawny Gloves I believe are a vanilla Desolace quest reward but its not in game. This leaves me with 99% completion of quest reward transmogs which infuriates me.

Impossibly small drop chance items from vanilla dungeons. Many levels of vanilla instances were changed in cata and as such the loot tables were altered making some items practically impossible to attain (uldaman items are notorious). My last two vanilla boes I need from dungeons are Spaulders of a Lost Age from Uldaman and Plaguehound Leggings from Strat. Saw one of them a few months ago but couldnt justify spending 200k gold on an item I will never actually use.

Finally the shared loot items from ToT. I've been doing ToT on several alts for nearly all of legion and I still dont have any of the tia-tia fist weapons for transmog. Shared boss loot sucks.

Tusks.of.Mannoroth

I have 635 (and rising) heroic Garrosh kills in SOO and have yet to see the tusks.

Feelsbadman
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

10man T8 gloves, the blue colouring.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    Where to start,

I'm a warrior, and have collected 320/366 helmets and 317/351 shoulders.

Missing engineering helmets mostly because I don't want to switch over to engineering.

As Narbootz mentioned, some of the MoP questline appearances are in the collection tab but not in-game.

Two pieces have eluded me, Greathelm of the Silver Hand (and its equivalent) since it drops from the last boss in Halls of Reflection. It's simply too cancerous to farm every day, not to mention multiple toons.
    The second piece is Pauldrons of the Dragonblight that drops of Benedictus in Hour of Twilight. Again, simply too much RP to bear every day. I have farmed that instance for 20 days straight, and every piece has dropped once except this one. Further mockery, I got the Timeless Stratagem legendary which uses the blue appearance of these shoulders, and said shoulders have dropped thrice.

Some of the Primal Gladiator pieces. Simply because I cba to grind Vol'jin's Spear to Exalted. Either too expensive or too tedious to grind Trashcan.

Ofcourse, DS LFR is the pinnacle of awful RNG. Thankfully I got the Warrior helm and shoulders relatively quickly, but still missing belt, boots and chest. Not to mention Gur'thalak...

Then the ToT world drops. I have the LFR two-handed sword, the HC one-handed mace, the Normal bow, Normal polearm and one of the staves.
    Hell, I even have the Warrior LFR off-piece shoulders, which is the only way for paladins or DKs to get that appearance.
    I'd do anything for either the HC on LFR one-handed sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Drtydeeds View Post
    Tusks.of.Mannoroth

I have 635 (and rising) heroic Garrosh kills in SOO and have yet to see the tusks.

Feelsbadman
    I know how you feel.

We had one drop throughout the entirety of farming Siege of Orgrimmar, and it was on the one raid night I missed, due to attending a friends birthday dinner. Needless to say, we are no longer friends!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Needless to say, we are no longer friends!
    Please don't tell me you ended said friendship because Tusks dropped?

Tell me ending that friendship was because of something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Please don't tell me you ended said friendship because Tusks dropped?

Tell me ending that friendship was because of something else.
    You really know how to take the fun out of a joke...

You really know how to take the fun out of a joke...
    He's super fun at parties too!

I appreciate the sympathy, lol.
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

Deleted
    Took me ages until the paladin tier look-alike shoulders dropped from twin emperors but eventually they did.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know how you feel.

We had one drop throughout the entirety of farming Siege of Orgrimmar, and it was on the one raid night I missed, due to attending a friends birthday dinner. Needless to say, we are no longer friends!
    can we please not talk about tusks.... i had the mount... THE MOUNT drop before i have ever seen tusks....

No Tusk Club.

Despite farming BWL from the moment I could, it wasn't until Warlords of Draenor that I finally got The Untamed Blade. My Vanilla guild that farmed BWL only ever got it to drop once, and it was the ONE raid I missed due to an arm injury. To top it off, it went to our worst DPS warrior. I likely would've been passed over for it anyway given that I had our only Spinal Reaper and he was still using OEB. Sword Spec was so broken in Vanilla...

Currently: My warrior has the OH Warglaive of Azzinoth, and my rogue has the MH. Farming the place, even on DHs that can skip straight to Illidan, and I haven't seen a glaive drop since those two back in WoD.

Also, I think it's incredibly stupid to gate certain transmogs behind LFR drops, because they're some of the rarest things in the game, imo. My main DH got ungodly lucky and got the pants she wanted from LFR Lei Shen on her very first kill. But let me tell you how many times and alts I've run Karazhan for Soulfrost and Midnight...

Quote Originally Posted by Eninya View Post
    Despite farming BWL from the moment I could, it wasn't until Warlords of Draenor that I finally got The Untamed Blade. My Vanilla guild that farmed BWL only ever got it to drop once, and it was the ONE raid I missed due to an arm injury. To top it off, it went to our worst DPS warrior. I likely would've been passed over for it anyway given that I had our only Spinal Reaper and he was still using OEB. Sword Spec was so broken in Vanilla...

Currently: My warrior has the OH Warglaive of Azzinoth, and my rogue has the MH. Farming the place, even on DHs that can skip straight to Illidan, and I haven't seen a glaive drop since those two back in WoD.

Also, I think it's incredibly stupid to gate certain transmogs behind LFR drops, because they're some of the rarest things in the game, imo. My main DH got ungodly lucky and got the pants she wanted from LFR Lei Shen on her very first kill. But let me tell you how many times and alts I've run Karazhan for Soulfrost and Midnight...
    Well this was progression, not Tmog farm, but I'm still salty that my guild let a Prot Warrior out bid me (DKP, *sigh*) on Ashkandi the first time we killed Nefarian. He used it for one BG, respecced back to Prot, and never touched it again.

It took me years to get Warglaives; I got the first during BC, but the other not until MoP.

Well this was progression, not Tmog farm, but I'm still salty that my guild let a Prot Warrior out bid me (DKP, *sigh*) on Ashkandi the first time we killed Nefarian. He used it for one BG, respecced back to Prot, and never touched it again.

It took me years to get Warglaives; I got the first during BC, but the other not until MoP.
    Ouch. Our main tank got the only Bonereaver's Edge to drop and virtually never used it. I didn't have the DKP for it, so I settled on Spinal Reaper because BWL wasn't quite on farm, yet.

Warglaives (and any other BC transmogs) wouldn't be so bad to farm if tier bosses dropped more than 1 item, and the raids weren't so miserable to do. I'm missing quite a few things from Mt. Hyjal, but there's no fast way to do that one, and neither is there for Black Temple (except DHs, since they can skip right to Mother). Also, SoO and ToT are painfully long, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Narbootz View Post
    Personal loot items are pretty bad. I do most of my farming on my DH and am unable to get a lot of intellect personal loot from wod making me run dungeons/raids many more times for those specific drops.
    Not sure if you know, but on raids that default to personal loot you can actually switch it over to group loot. You'll get more drops, but the problem is they won't be guaranteed something your toon could've used. So if you are hunting for certain pieces and have everything else you can always go that route. The only one it doesn't work on though is LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Eninya View Post
    (except DHs, since they can skip right to Mother). Also, SoO and ToT are painfully long, too.
    Wait....what?! Now I have to look into this because I've been doing it from start to finish on my DH. Wish I could do it on my other ones.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2017-05-13 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Wait....what?! Now I have to look into this because I've been doing it from start to finish on my DH. Wish I could do it on my other ones.
    You can YouTube it. It's pretty easy to do. Rogues could previously follow the same method with their grappling hook, but it doesn't work anymore. There was another method for all classes, but you need a functional slow fall within the dungeon to work.

Deleted
    As for any warrior farming the tusks is a big thing. They are even rarer than the mount drop! At some point in WoD there was a Dungeonfinder group who was farming Garrosh with bonus rolls on heroic. A priest alt had the save and would make a raidgroup. People would signup, rush to garrosh and kill him. The group would be disbanded and be remade to rinse and repeat. It was amazing to see so many platewearers trying to get the tusks and chatting about how many attempts we had given it so far. Ive never seen them drop for anyone. After a few days of dedicated grinding I gave up and now in legion I havent seen anyone doing this anymore.

A few days ago a friend was doing SoO for transmogs and I decided to join him. We cleared it half on normal for his items and decided to clear it on mythic too since 2 more people joined in. When we got to garrosh I bonus rolled it and got loot. Checking the bag I saw the tusks sitting there. I was blown away! So the story eventually had a happy ending. My friend secretly recorded the thing aswell. It was a great day.

I always feel privileged when I see these threads and all the warriors always bring up tusks. I got mine on my guilds 3rd or 4th farm kill of heroic, now they rot in my bags cause I can't find a good xmog setup to match on a human. As far as things that elude me that I want, it would be the 2h mace from Mythic Tyrant in HFC, and the LFR version of Gurthalak.

Quote Originally Posted by Nileria View Post
    At some point in WoD there was a Dungeonfinder group who was farming Garrosh with bonus rolls on heroic. A priest alt had the save and would make a raidgroup.
    God I actually miss those groups. Even though I got my Tusks from such a group, it was always entertaining seeing so many Warriors, Death Knights, and Paladins crushing Garrosh into dust. As far as Item(s) I'm still hunting for: Zin'rokh, Destroyer of my Time and the Normal/LFR Greatsword of Frozen Hells.
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Players need to learn, and they aren't going to do that from google.
    They need real experience, and being knocked down on their ass, and getting back up again.
    Don't deny them that chance to make mistakes and learn from them.

10+ Year Old Account
    been trying to get the hammer from ragnaros (firelands) for quite some time now. according to armory i have 12 normal kills and 18 heroic kills without a drop yet?