Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Tommy Robinson Arrested (again...)

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime...-a3535566.html

The former leader of right-wing group the English Defence League has been arrested after he tried “to video Muslims” outside a court.

Tommy Robinson posted a video on his official Facebook account on Wednesday morning (today), in which he claimed the arrest was being made.

He said: “It’s 4.32 and the police are at my house, and I’m being arrested for going to a court case in Canterbury and trying to video the Muslim paedophiles.”

The clip then cuts footage of two police officers stood in what appears to be a kitchen, one of whom explains to Robinson that he can’t use his phone.

A tweet posted from Robinson’s verified Twitter account said that he was arrested “on charges relating to attempted journalism.”

Kent Police confirmed an arrest was made.

A spokesman said: “On the morning of Wednesday May 10, 2017 officers attended an address in Luton, Bedfordshire, and arrested a 34-year-old man for contempt of court.

Any filming and recording of courts and court precincts is illegal in the UK under section 41 of the Criminal Justice Act 1925 and the Contempt of Court Act.

Kent Live reported that Robinson and a cameraman were at Canterbury Crown Court on Monday claiming they wanted to speak to the defendants of an ongoing rape trial
    Video in question - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3xxrEcLYZQ

For people who don't know who he is - he's a white man, living in England, who claims mainstream media in the UK is failing to reflect the number, and seriousness, of crimes committed by Muslims and/or Islamic migrants living in the UK.
    He and his team of "activists" believe that those charged in connection with the crimes are receiving little to no form of punishment in relation to the damage caused by the crimes, which involve sex trafficking, and gang raping underage teenage girls, with some of accused walking off Scot-free. One such claim is that one victim, who was only 11 years old, had the letter 'M' branded onto her skin with a hot iron, after being raped repeatedly, to supposedly symbolize that the victim was now "the property of Mohammed". Another such incident involved one girl having her tongue nailed to a table.

Victims supposedly aren't receiving what he believes is appropriate justice for the acts committed against them, and that mainstream media outlets are purposely not reporting on the crimes to avoid fueling racial hatred and that crime statistics for the demographic are effectively being covered up.

I should point out that Tommy has made an effort in recent days/weeks to rubbish claims that he is "right-wing" and a white supremacist, appearing on the BBC's 'Daily Politics' show to challenge an article published by Muslim counter-extremist group 'Quilliam' where one of their reporters strongly hinted that he was. Quilliam CEO Haras Rafiq also appeared on the show and denounced the implication. Haras even claims to have had Tommy at his house for dinner, and was quoted saying - "Tommy is not a white supremacist. The Quilliam position is that Tommy is not a white supremacist."
    Despite this, he's made no secret of his stance on what he believes is the Islamification of the UK. This is certainly not the first time he he and his fellow "activists" have been filmed locking horns with known hate preachers and radical Islamists on the streets of London and various parts of mainland UK.

I won't claim to know anything about the right to film those walking to and from court houses, but I know Tommy isn't the first person to have done this, and yet he's been arrested.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Jyggalag; 2017-05-10 at 04:52 PM.

“on charges relating to attempted journalism.”

wtf does that even mean

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post

wtf does that even mean
    Obviously an attempt to troll and imply the charges are ridiculous given that he sees himself as just a journalist attempting to report news

Deleted
    Filming people outside a court is illegal? Didn't know that.

wtf does that even mean
    My bet is that people, that see comparations to Erdogan everywhere nowadays, will be in this thread applauding
    Last edited by Darkeon; 2017-05-10 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Better Engrish

wtf does that even mean
    Shit he made up:

"A spokesman said: “On the morning of Wednesday May 10, 2017 officers attended an address in Luton, Bedfordshire, and arrested a 34-year-old man for contempt of court.

Any filming and recording of courts and court precincts is illegal in the UK under section 41 of the Criminal Justice Act 1925 and the Contempt of Court Act."
    This is the founder of the EDL (English Defense League), a group of drunk football hooligans who hate foreigners (especially if they're brown) and generally spend their free time trying to start riots. Most of them barely even comprehend english, which becomes very clear when you listen to them speak or read their misspelled tattoos.

Was he in the court or outside? In the US you can't record inside a court room unless given permission, but inside the building and the grounds is public property so it's fine.
    Does it work differently in the UK?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime...-a3535566.html

For people who don't know who he is - he's a white man, living in England, who claims mainstream media in the UK is failing to reflect the number, and seriousness, of crimes committed by Muslims and/or Islamic migrants living in the UK.
    He and his team of "activists" believe that those charged in connection with the crimes are receiving little to no form of punishment in relation to the damage caused by the crimes, which involve sex trafficking, and raping underage teenage girls, with some of accused walking off Scot-free. One such claim is that a victim had the letter 'M' branded onto her skin with a hot iron, after being raped repeatedly, to supposedly symbolize that the victim was now "the property of Mohammed". Another such incident involved a 13 year old girl having her tongue nailed to a table.
    Victims supposedly aren't receiving what he believes is appropriate justice for the acts committed against them, and that mainstream media outlets are purposely not reporting on the crimes to avoid fueling racial hatred and that crime statistics for the demographic are effectively being covered up.

I should point out that Tommy has made an effort in recent days/weeks to rubbish claims that he is "right-wing" and a white supremacist, appearing on the BBC's 'Daily Politics' show to challenge news published by Muslim counter-extremist group 'Quilliam' where one of their reporters strongly hinted that he was.

I won't claim to know anything about the right to film those walking to and from court houses, but I know Tommy isn't the first person to have done this, and yet he's been arrested.

Thoughts?
    Gotta love those who think they're doing the "right thing". They will do anything but the right thing, breaking laws and threatening/hurting people in the process.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Shit he made up:

This is the founder of the EDL (English Defense League), a group of drunk football hooligans who hate foreigners (especially if they're brown) and generally spend their free time trying to start riots. Most of them barely even comprehend english, which becomes very clear when you listen to them speak or read their misspelled tattoos.
    They're all the same, teh extreme right wing. They claim to be nationalist and love their country, whilst understanding nothing of its history or its values, always disregarding or outright breaking the laws of their own country. And people like this man will say they hate rapists and violence against women, but will not have a problem committing violence against women themselves, rarely ever having liberal views of women but will usually say that women should stay in the kitchen.

They're human garbage. THey've got nothing to their name. They're rejects. Failures. So they take up a cause so they can act like they're not complete trash.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    "Any filming and recording of courts and court precincts is illegal in the UK under section 41 of the Criminal Justice Act 1925 and the Contempt of Court Act."

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    They're all the same, teh extreme right wing. They claim to be nationalist and love their country, whilst understanding nothing of its history or its values, always disregarding or outright breaking the laws of their own country. And people like this man will say they hate rapists and violence against women, but will not have a problem committing violence against women themselves, rarely ever having liberal views of women but will usually say that women should stay in the kitchen.

They're human garbage. THey've got nothing to their name. They're rejects. Failures. So they take up a cause so they can act like they're not complete trash.
    That's quite the accusation. I assume you got proof?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post

"Any filming and recording of courts and court precincts is illegal in the UK under section 41 of the Criminal Justice Act 1925 and the Contempt of Court Act."
    yep.. saw that, hence my "didn't know that". I knew you couldn't film inside, but i thought filming outside was allowed. Also thought he was already in Prison, didn't know he was still active and doing stuff :\

10+ Year Old Account
    phew for a minute I misread the title as thought it said Tony Robinson... Thank god it wasnt :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

wtf does that even mean
    It was for contempt of court since he tried to film people at the courthouse.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    There is lots of rape cases tried around the UK with white perpetrators, surely going specifically to ones where the accused is of another race suggests a certain bias he is claiming not to have. I don't know much about the man so maybe I am wrong but the posts around this guy always seem to be about ethnic criminals, when in my experience at least in my area of UK most crimes are committed by native born people.

Quote Originally Posted by tea time gaming View Post
    There is lots of rape cases tried around the UK with white perpetrators, surely going specifically to ones where the accused is of another race suggests a certain bias he is claiming not to have. I don't know much about the man so maybe I am wrong but the posts around this guy always seem to be about ethnic criminals, when in my experience at least in my area of UK most crimes are committed by native born people.
    Islam isn't even a race or ethnic group, there are white muslims (i.e. Native converts, Bosniaks, Caucasians, Greek Muslims, Levantine Arabs, Persians).

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    That's quite the accusation. I assume you got proof?
    I take it you've not met any of them.

The whole lot of them are illiterate, gormless alcoholics who's only goal in life is to find some "mussy" to punch in the back of the head.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2017-05-10 at 03:22 PM.

I take it you've not met any of them.

The whole lot of them are illiterate, gormless alcoholics who's only goal in life is to find some "mussy" to punch in the back of the head.
    Yeah, I'm not sure how anyone could say otherwise, with such compelling argument and display of evidence.

I think the best you could say in the UK is that they have a problem with prosecuting anyone that messes with kids, they got the entire house of lords full of kiddie fiddling motherfuckers, it's a systemic problem.

SO rejoice, it's horrible inefficiency across the board! Everyone gets a pass for horrific inhuman crimes.

Nah it's all a fuckin farce, UK police system has a real problem with prosecuting authority figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Yeah, I'm not sure how anyone could say otherwise, with such compelling argument and display of evidence.
    You want "evidence"? Go to an EDL rally, and pray your tan isn't too dark.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Was he in the court or outside? In the US you can't record inside a court room unless given permission, but inside the building and the grounds is public property so it's fine.
    Does it work differently in the UK?
    On the pavement, outside the court. Video doesn't show them coming out of or entering the court, just walking along the pavement when he confronts them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    Nor did I. It's not uncommon to see (what I thought until now was) footage on the news of people coming to and from court as the press take photos/videos and journalists try to probe for questions. Maybe I'm wrong?

Oh boy, we've got a delusional one here. Is it something in the water? What do they feed you people? Are you actually real or are you being paid to shill?

You want "evidence"? Go to an EDL rally, and pray your tan isn't too dark.
    That must explain all the black members in the EDL.