Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Why change? I use both
    Why stop at 2? I use adblock ublock and Adguard. If ghostery didn't have issues with those 3 I'd use it too.

There are few things more incredibly frustrating than a popup.

I'd rather you put buttons around the entirety of your sight than have a popup anywhere.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    disabed my add blocker.. was expecting the adds at the top..but not the sides...literally 50% of mmochampion is an add...

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    It is there. Either it hasn't been posted in recently or you are filtering it out. If I didn't want feedback I would just delete every post about it...

Not financially viable unfortunately.

Unfortunately this wouldn't remotely make enough for us to stay operational.

The reason I ran the poll is people have asked for it for years. Not a ton, but a significant amount of people were interested in it and voted to indicate so.
    How so , currently myself and many other block your ads. You are making ZERO money from me and those like me. I will NOT be disabling my ad block, nor will others. Something like this could persuade me and others to pay something, like ask mr robot, curse ect. something is a whole lot more than nothing (that you are currently getting from many of us).

I am not a mathematician but I dont get how you dont get it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    disabed my add blocker.. was expecting the adds at the top..but not the sides...literally 50% of mmochampion is an add...
    Like this?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post45664526

this was my post from the other day :|

I whitelisted you guys after the last thread about the notifications where we were told that the adds should be less intrusive.

I still have not seen a single add. All the places where the adds should be are still blank, despite the domain being whitelisted. Been that way for week(s) now.

On the plus side: The whitelist notifications never popped up again... so that's good

I have a feeling that this is something I should just shut up and be grateful about... but there it is. Just in case you wanted to look into why. I'll go ahead and take the grief from anyone else who had this happen and would have liked me to shut up.

The screenshot is from Chrome at work on a Mac (10.11). Same thing at home on Chrome for Win10.

Last edited by Aurimas; 2017-05-11 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    Like this?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post45664526

this was my post from the other day :|
    Holy shit, dude!

This is what MMO-C feels is acceptable these days? If this is what the site looks like, there is no way in hell I'm whitelisting.

I will NEVER whitelist this site. Also, your PAGE sized request is more obnoxious than many adds, so GG with that. If you want to make money off of me viewing ads, you MUST moderate your ads to insure they are not slowing down my browsing speed or obstructing the page, Your admitted inability or unwillingness to do that, means I will NEVER whitelist this site.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

I keep getting regular redirection 'ads' whenenver I am trying to visit this site on my phone. Not to mention ads that autoplay video and sound. This is already the single slowest loading website on my mobile already, oft taking twice, sometimes thrice the time to be functional compared to other sites I visit.

To that end, no amount of pleading by an annoying notification will do.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Why don't you just add a premium service for like £2 a month and have all subscribed members automatically sign up for special giveaways/ disable the ability to post images for normal members/ ability to have a forum avatar etc

Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    I do have adblock. I'd like to support the site but am not going to deal with a million ads.
    Its on this SITE to provide ads that we, the consumer, find acceptable, until they can or do, their money woes are not mine. Chaud admits that malware sometimes slips through, do you need to know anything more? I will not risk my PC because they cant/wont vet their ads.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post

7. Buy back an infraction ($20 each - max 3/year)
    Endus confirmed goldmine with his sjw sprees
    Last edited by Morgaith; 2017-05-11 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LongTimeCreeper View Post
    Holy shit, dude!

This is what MMO-C feels is acceptable these days? If this is what the site looks like, there is no way in hell I'm whitelisting.
    That style of ad is shown once in a while, yes. Those ads shouldn't be shown to you if you unblock after blocking though.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Why don't you just add a premium service for like £2 a month and have all subscribed members automatically sign up for special giveaways/ disable the ability to post images for normal members/ ability to have a forum avatar etc
    This is something we are talking about doing now.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Its on this SITE to provide ads that we, the consumer, find acceptable, until they can or do, their money woes are not mine. Chaud admits that malware sometimes slips through, do you need to know anything more? I will not risk my PC because they cant/wont vet their ads.
    The last time there was a malware issue was many years ago and I'm not sure it actually was on MMOC, it was an ad that appeared in Curse Client.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    I keep getting regular redirection 'ads' whenenver I am trying to visit this site on my phone. Not to mention ads that autoplay video and sound. This is already the single slowest loading website on my mobile already, oft taking twice, sometimes thrice the time to be functional compared to other sites I visit.
    The redirect ads definitely aren't something we want to display. If you could report details we can get them removed. Without reports we really have no idea these bad ads are there, unless we run across them ourselves.

Turn off the notification, its annoying.
    Can you do something to that one add that blocks half the damn quick nav. drop down box?
    And finally, very seriously, if a membership service comes to pass, would it allow us to complete ignore trolls and never have to see any threads of theirs again, sense you guys wont actually do anything about said trolls?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Not financially viable unfortunately.
    Is it less viable than everybody blocking all ads?

Seriously I looked at this site from a computer at work that doesn't run adblockers and it was impossible. The site was so incredibly slow and there were intrusive auto play ads. If you really want this site white listed then you guys need to do better than "if an ad is intrusive report it and we'll do something about it." The damage has already been done in this instance.

Perhaps it would be a prudent idea to hire people to actively moderate the ads if people aren't capable of doing it now.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Holy shit, you made it even more annoying and intrusive. Congratulations, you're never getting whitelisted. And if you decide to take away things from members and gate them behind a premium subscription, you can say goodbye to most of your users and eventually the site itself.

Why don't you manually moderate all your ads?
    Honestly, we would love to be able to do that - but the fact is it's just not possible to manually check the tens of thousands of ads you might see. If you ever experience a bad ad on our site, please let us know right away. We will have it removed immediately - seriously.
    This is why I use adblock. Other then the fact that the site becomes a laggy mess that barely wants to operate with the amount of ads on it, it only takes 1 incident for my computer to be hurt. I am not going to play guinea pig and hope I am not the one who discovers and isolates the ad delivering malware.

This is going to be harsh, but if you cannot moderate your ads, or find a way to make it possible, That is your problem to solve. Not mine. We are not the ones who are supposed to be the filters. IF a time comes and we are the ones sending you a report that an ad on your website infected us with malware, guess what? That is when its already too late.

So, my suggestions are easy. Make your site actually run properly while the ads are up, and Find a way to filter them. If you're just no interested in doing so, that's fine. Just don't expect people to stop using ad blockers.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

As long as the site is throwing up 20+ ads, I won't whitelist, it is as simple as that. You say that it isn't viable financially to have less, yet with me, you are getting zero exposure. Get that number down to 10 or less and I would consider adding you to my fairly large whitelist database. At least this way, I would see some of the ads and perhaps even use them.

Sorry, but 20+ is just horrible and makes websites barely readable. Hell, give me an option for $10 a year ad free, I would do that.

Considering 63% of the page is ads, no thank you, blocking literally 40-50 ads per page on the site, and 50+ on the main page, lol no thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyeara View Post
    Considering 63% of the page is ads, no thank you, blocking literally 40-50 ads per page on the site, and 50+ on the main page, lol no thank you.
    Just right now, I blocked 131 on the front page. Is...is that meant to be acceptable?