Shadow Priest Mage Tower - Healer priest needs help =p

Hey guys, I am Disc priest with holy offspec trying to do the Shadow challange to complete all of them b4 ToS.

I tried many gear combinations, with and without the set bonus.
    Most of my tries i did without the set pieces:

ilv:905
    914 Weapon lv: 44
    Relics: (3 shit ones): (from the shadows) + (unleash Shadows) + (Void Corruption)
    Legos: Sephuz + Prydaz (i dont have any shadow legendary)

Stats (buffed):
    Int: 46711
    Crit: 24%
    Haste: 29%
    Mastery: 85%

Talents: ToF + Mania + Mind Bomb + RoS + SL + PI + S2M

Strategy (following some guides on youtube):

1- Hold void form until the 1st mob reaches 75%
    2- SWD + Arcane torrent on the trasition to DOT the new add without dying
    3 - Popping Drums + PI + Deadly Grace + Proccing the Spehuz
    4- Holding void torrent to transition to execute range
    5- Using dispersion as last resource to stay alive.

I tried this way around 20 times. Manage to get the boss reaaly low (<6m Health) around 7 times. Most of my failures were on the transition, letting my insanity drop while doting the new boss. My best attempt, the boss had only 1m left, it always seens that i needed 2-3 more seconds b4 the boss go imune...

I did the Disc and the Holy one already, when i was failing them, i knew what i was doing wrong. But, probably bacause i almost dont play shadow, i am not really sure what i am doing wrong. But i know there is something wrong because i saw ppl with less weapon traits and less ilv doing it....

there a link to one of my tries so u can see how i am doing it.

plz help me!
    Last edited by Iatros; 2017-05-12 at 06:29 AM.

I was 905 ilvl when I beat this without sephuz. A big thing I learned was that you really gotta kick out the dps (IE: Perfect globals without losing void bolt casts) if you are going to try and 1 phase him like this. I think the H2P site said in the range 1.5 million effective dps to him during this 40-45s.

I was getting to a very similar spot. I found that if you just kite normally in phase 1, then in phase 2 (where you are trying to kill Raest) is just do a normal voidform. Get him down to 80 or 75%. He will then go immune again and his bro will chase you around. Finish off your voidform, pop surrender, get to 100 insanity and start going to town on Karem. With surrender up, you will be able to not only kill the hands super easy but also able to kite him. Karem should die once you get through about 2 hands (you can blood lust when 2nd hand spawns and you wont waste much of the duration) and you will start phase 4 with Raest up (this time at 75-80%). There isn't a time limit here, and with the 40-50 stacks built up with the tail end of lust and PI you should be able to down him no problem (and with much less stress).

I just think the 1 phasing technique requires almost perfect play around globals to kick out the damage while this strat is much easier (in my opinion). I switched from the 1 phase Raest strat and to this one and killed in 2 attempts lol.
    Last edited by Zynther; 2017-05-12 at 05:26 AM. Reason: A Word

I had a 9% wipe so I slightly altered when I first went into VF. This is what I did:

- STM on pull
    - VF at 80%
    - VoiT 1 at 60%
    - Drums + Prolonged at 40%
    - SW: D + crafted neck to help stabilize transition
    -- Weaving a DoT between a VB/MB can help keep Insanity high
    - PI + Shadowfiend
    - VoiT 2 as late as you can
    - Dispersion to let the DoTs finish him off

I had to VF sooner to let the stacks be higher for the Warlock. This potentially made the transition a little scarier, but if you drums before it

Quote Originally Posted by Zynther View Post
    I was 905 ilvl when I beat this without sephuz. A big thing I learned was that you really gotta kick out the dps (IE: Perfect globals without losing void bolt casts) if you are going to try and 1 phase him like this. I think the H2P site said in the range 1.5 million effective dps to him during this 40-45s.

I was getting to a very similar spot. I found that if you just kite normally in phase 1, then in phase 2 (where you are trying to kill Raest) is just do a normal voidform. Get him down to 80 or 75%. He will then go immune again and his bro will chase you around. Finish off your voidform, pop surrender, get to 100 insanity and start going to town on Karem. With surrender up, you will be able to not only kill the hands super easy but also able to kite him. Karem should die once you get through about 2 hands (you can blood lust when 2nd hand spawns and you wont waste much of the duration) and you will start phase 4 with Raest up (this time at 75-80%). There isn't a time limit here, and with the 40-50 stacks built up with the tail end of lust and PI you should be able to down him no problem (and with much less stress).

I just think the 1 phasing technique requires almost perfect play around globals to kick out the damage while this strat is much easier (in my opinion). I switched from the 1 phase Raest strat and to this one and killed in 2 attempts lol.
    Yeah, I think i will need to try transitionin with higher stacks of VF, seens like i will die a lot on that transition lol
    Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by Caladia View Post
    I had a 9% wipe so I slightly altered when I first went into VF. This is what I did:

- STM on pull
    - VF at 80%
    - VoiT 1 at 60%
    - Drums + Prolonged at 40%
    - SW: D + crafted neck to help stabilize transition
    -- Weaving a DoT between a VB/MB can help keep Insanity high
    - PI + Shadowfiend
    - VoiT 2 as late as you can
    - Dispersion to let the DoTs finish him off

I had to VF sooner to let the stacks be higher for the Warlock. This potentially made the transition a little scarier, but if you drums before it
    I really wanted to do it with the one phase strat, but i guess it might be easier ur wat, i will try it next time MT is up =p.
    Thanks for the advice!

My steps are for a 1 phase strat. It does take some practice. I also dropped 4pc for more Haste/Mastery pieces I had in the bank since 4pc wasn't being leveraged.

Deleted
    After having a look at your video I think that you are doing everything correctly and if you can replicate what you did in the video just remember to use your 2nd potion once Karam stops chasing you. This would have allowed you access to SW: D prior to being forced to use your void torrent. Having access to SW: D before torrent would have given you a bit more burst and probably would have meant that you would have gotten him down in time when combined with the overall damage increase you would have gotten from your 2nd potion (prolonged).
    Last edited by mmoc5e0f315998; 2017-05-16 at 02:35 PM.

Thanks for the help guys!

I made just a few adjustments with my gear and strategy:

- Used 2p to get the bonus insanity from VT
    - Swaped my shadow relics that gave 0% DPS from one that gives 1% shadow dmg and one that gives 5% to VT (no ilv change), still had the blood one that gives no DPS
    - Got the last 2 Artifact traits that gives a good bonus DMG
    - Entered Voidform when the 1st boss was at 77% instead of 75%

With those minor changes it was very easy, I did it with 3 tries:

ilv:904
    914 Weapon lv: 44
    Relics: (2 good ones and one bad): (Touch of Darkness) + (From the Darkness) + (Creeping Shadows)
    Legos: Sephuz + Prydaz (i dont have any shadow legendary)
    Trinkets: 875 Ethereal Urn with a +150 mastery gem and a 885 Erratic Metrone

Stats (buffed):
    Int: 46508
    Crit: 26%
    Haste: 28%
    Mastery: 82%

Talents: ToF + Mania + Mind Bomb + RoS + SL + PI + S2M

Finally got the achiv "Fighting with Style: Challenging" from getting Disc, Holy and Shadow Mage tower appearance!