10+ Year Old Account

Addon to let me know when focus target is in range

My guild is progressing on Elisande and I am part of the recursion interrupt rotation. However, I have been getting blasted by blast because I am often the closest player to that add. My RL says to stand behind the tank, but I am afraid this will put me out of range. I am using a focus interrupt macro to kick recursion so I do not want to have to target the add ever.

I think elvui has unit frames that fade when the target is out of range. I like using the blizzard default unit frames. Is it possible to make them fade out when the target is out of range? Is there a WA string that I could let me know if the target is in range/out of range?

Thanks
    Last edited by Bombercloner; 2017-05-12 at 01:28 PM.

The location API is disabled in instances. However, you can use IsSpellInRange using your interrupt spell. You could also choose one of your spells closer and another one further to get a better idea of how close you are, like make three WeakAuras with the three spells and have them fade in/out or light up like a tiny three-part meter.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Deleted
    /script SetCVar("nameplateMaxDistance", 45) hides nameplates beyond 45y
    You can change the number to your liking

This is also useful for spells (dragon's breath, barrage, etc) that tend to pull unwanted adds by accident
    Last edited by mmoc2e5b8dbff7; 2017-05-12 at 01:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    The location API is disabled in instances. However, you can use IsSpellInRange using your interrupt spell. You could also choose one of your spells closer and another one further to get a better idea of how close you are, like make three WeakAuras with the three spells and have them fade in/out or light up like a tiny three-part meter.
    So it is possible to make a WA where the icon is Counterspell, and then it goes red if my focus target is out of range?

- - - Updated - - -

I am really bad with WA's I usually just import them. I use TMW for things I need to make on my own. Is it possible to make one like what I described in TMW. Thanks for the tips both of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombercloner View Post
    So it is possible to make a WA where the icon is Counterspell, and then it goes red if my focus target is out of range?

- - - Updated - - -

I am really bad with WA's I usually just import them. I use TMW for things I need to make on my own. Is it possible to make one like what I described in TMW. Thanks for the tips both of you.
    As long as TMW accepts custom functions just like WA, yes, you should be fine.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

10+ Year Old Account
    So I found an older post that seems to cover this topic a bit: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...e-Usable-skill

Does WA still work in this way?

If so will this trigger work for my purposes?

function()
    if(IsSpellInRange("Counterspell", "focus") == 1) then
    return true
    else
    return false
    end
    end

What is the purpose of having an untrigger like mentioned in that other thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Bombercloner View Post
    So I found an older post that seems to cover this topic a bit: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...e-Usable-skill

Does WA still work in this way?

If so will this trigger work for my purposes?

function()
    if(IsSpellInRange("Counterspell", "focus") == 1) then
    return true
    else
    return false
    end
    end

What is the purpose of having an untrigger like mentioned in that other thread?
    https://github.com/WeakAuras/WeakAur...and-Untriggers

Basically the untrigger is what happens if the trigger returns anything that isn't true.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.