Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

[Megathread] Playstation Vita appreciation Thread (What are you playing)

I had a idea to make a megathread for the vita. It has a huge amount of games and figured it needs some love............

So what do you like about your Vita and what games you playing?

I just got Persona 4 Golden today and Xblaze Lost Memories. I was playing Borderlands 2 and Call of Duty Black Ops Declassified.

(So many games I need to buy lol).
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-05-14 at 12:49 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Right now Corpse Party. Came out on PC's in japan in 1996 via RPG Maker and went through a few remakes to turn into the version on PSP and 3DS. grabbed it in the sale with Yomawari Night Alone and P4G last month. Its basically 'walk around and interact with things' but unlike first person walking simulators you can fuck up and get bad ends and each chapter unlocks mini chapters where you play tiny bursts of gameplay as the people whos bodies you find in the main game.

Basically the game starts at a japanese high school after a festival. One girl is leaving tomorrow so as a means of making a lasting memory together they take part in the 'Sachiko Ritual' to chant a name and rip up a paper stick man so the pieces they get always connect them together. Then an earthquake happens and they wake up in different versions of "Heavens Host High School" a closed down 1970's high school where a series of murders cursed the place ju-on style and now it serves as its own purgatory of self perpetuating violence and misery. Your goal is explore, survive and find a way to avoid the bad ends.

I'm at chapter 4 or 5 and loved it so much i got the Vita sequel "Corpse party Blood Drive" off amazon cheap ready for when i beat this. Not for everyone but it takes an engine for making FF5 clones and removes combat completely to make a tense survival horror experience that shouldnt work as well as it does. Reminiscent of things like Silent Hill, Clock Tower and manga like The Drifting Clasroom or The Spirits have a message for Hachi san with a FF5 style art style.
    also trying World of Final Fantasy and its really not as Kingdom Hearts level cringe as the similar character design would have you assume, not the best FF spin off but worth a tenner.
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2017-05-14 at 01:02 AM.

I like mainly that I can play in bed. or on a bus. I don't have a lot of games for it though and aside from ps plus offerings, the ones I play are western games. been making my way through AC liberation recently.

I know its an appreciation thread, but.. I wish VITA games gave you an option to disable all the touch controls :/

I remember Taco Bell was doing a contest thing for a Vita one of those "win the lucky code and get a playstation vita" like right when it was getting ready to come out, and I was like 10 at the time so I would beg my mom to take me there so I could win it.

I didn't.

So I didn't get a vita.

RIP
    Always thought it was a cool though.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    I know its an appreciation thread, but.. I wish VITA games gave you an option to disable all the touch controls :/
    Oh I agree, I had touch features lol.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great handheld, 90% hardcore weeb stuff.

TFW Tearaway reminds you that everyone has a double chin at that angle.

To me it's a portable FF10 machine.

Never bothered to buy a large memory card, was tempted to get a Japanese 64GB card.

I own

FF10
    Tearaway
    MGS HD Collection
    Uncharted
    Ys: Memories of Celceta
    Super Monkey Ball
    Borderlands 2 - Before I knew how terrible it was on the Vita.
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2017-05-14 at 01:34 AM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    Great handheld, 90% hardcore weeb stuff.
    Honestly its got like 90% of the best weebshit this gen. 3rd party japan support remains stronk.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Honestly its got like 90% of the best weebshit this gen. 3rd party japan support remains stronk.
    Ya the 3rd party support and indie support is insane for the system. It just got Toukiden 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Recently has been my remote play device. Previous to that were Neptune IF and Yomawari.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Recently has been my remote play device. Previous to that were Neptune IF and Yomawari.
    Ya I'm using mine for remote play a bit.

I never played a Neptune game and no clue what Yomawari is I may look into checking those out.

- - - Updated - - -

also trying World of Final Fantasy and its really not as Kingdom Hearts level cringe as the similar character design would have you assume, not the best FF spin off but worth a tenner.
    I really want to check out Corpse Party now lol, that looked kinda cool.

Ya I got WoFF on my PS4 but it really feels like a game that should be played on a handheld. So I considered getting the Vita version or just remote play my ps4 version.

I tried using mine for remote play. its fine for stuff like telltale games, but I pathologicaly cannot get used to back corners being used for trigger buttons, among other things, so I've been sticking to playing the few vita games I have on it.

interestingly enough I read a fair amount of negative comments about Vita version of Ratchet and Clank collection, but... I honestly very much enjoy it. I'm having no problems with controls there at least and it seems very well suited to vita (and has minimal touch controls which helps a lot too :P )

incidentally.. has anyone played dungeon hunter alliance on Vita? from reviews it sounds a lot like Diablo style dungeon crawler which I enjoy a lot, but reviews also have been somewhat.. mixed for it? kinda tempted for those times when I'm feeling like dungeon crawling, especially while on a road, but... there's just this tiny doubt
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2017-05-14 at 09:35 AM.

I've had mine for four years now and absolutely love the system. Its so easy to use and I love how I can keep it in sleep mode for two weeks and not have it run out of juice. My biggest wish would be though that games like Digimon Cyber Sleuth were cross buy instead of having to buy the same game twice so you can switch around depending on your mood.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ya I'm using mine for remote play a bit.

I never played a Neptune game and no clue what Yomawari is I may look into checking those out.
    Yomawari Night Alone is one of my favourite horror games, you play a young girl whos sister and dog goes missing and she has to explore her japanese suburb late at night with youkai style monsters roaming the town. They just announced a sequel "Yomawari: Midnight Shadows" is coming out on Vita this halloween season too. It regularly goes on sale and was around £3 in the last sale, really worth picking up.

Yomawari Night Alone is one of my favourite horror games, you play a young girl whos sister and dog goes missing and she has to explore her japanese suburb late at night with youkai style monsters roaming the town. They just announced a sequel "Yomawari: Midnight Shadows" is coming out on Vita this halloween season too. It regularly goes on sale and was around £3 in the last sale, really worth picking up.
    Ill check that out as well sounds interesting, thx for the info.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    incidentally.. has anyone played dungeon hunter alliance on Vita? from reviews it sounds a lot like Diablo style dungeon crawler which I enjoy a lot, but reviews also have been somewhat.. mixed for it? kinda tempted for those times when I'm feeling like dungeon crawling, especially while on a road, but... there's just this tiny doubt
    I haven't, I think there is a demo for it on the store but I'm not sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    Dungeon Travelers 2-2
    I was wondering how good Dungeon Travelers 2: The Royal Library & The Monster Seal was, is that the game your talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    - - - Updated - - -
    I was wondering how good Dungeon Travelers 2: The Royal Library & The Monster Seal was, is that the game your talking about?
    Nope, I'm talking about the sequel to that one, but its only out in Japan atm. DT2 is widely considered to be one of the best dungeon crawlers available, granted the genre isn't THAT large. Its cheesecake fanservice though, so YMMV. Gameplay systems-wise its very solid. Competent story, but nothing you haven't seen before.
    The post-game content goes on forever though, if you like that sort of thing. Story itself is about 50hrs and post-game adds another 200 if you do all of it. There is a sizable amount of grinding involved (basically have to level one of every class to L90+) but there are like 6 lengthy and challenging added dungeons that also provide some extra development for many of the characters.

I heard they recently had a clearance sale on the physical carts (games been out for like 1.5 years now in English), but you can obviously still pick it up via PSN as well.
    Last edited by stellvia; 2017-05-14 at 04:54 PM.

Nope, I'm talking about the sequel to that one, but its only out in Japan atm. DT2 is widely considered to be one of the best dungeon crawlers available, granted the genre isn't THAT large. Its cheesecake fanservice though, so YMMV. Gameplay systems-wise its very solid. Competent story, but nothing you haven't seen before.
    The post-game content goes on forever though, if you like that sort of thing. Story itself is about 50hrs and post-game adds another 200 if you do all of it. There is a sizable amount of grinding involved (basically have to level one of every class to L90+) but there are like 6 lengthy and challenging added dungeons that also provide some extra development for many of the characters.

I heard they recently had a clearance sale on the physical carts (games been out for like 1.5 years now in English), but you can obviously still pick it up via PSN as well.
    Cool beans thx for the info ill give the series a try.

What did u mean by YMMV?

Your Mileage May Vary

Your Mileage May Vary
    Oh, I should have known that LOL.

The game sounds like its up my alley so ill be giving it a go asap.

Almost done with Corpse Party and man thats a fun game. Also getting into Valkyria Chronicles 2 more and it feels like Peace Walker or Monster Hunter with its small zoned off areas and control style. But its more Valkyria Chronicles which is my favourite gen 7 game so i'm happy.