Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Problem is that managing even 8/10 BARNS during Legion work schedule is pretty time consuming, unelss you dont raid nor myth+ nor pvp but just farm gold...
    Also unless all your alts have tailoring, all that furs is just stockpiling.

On top of that garrison in these 2 weeks will be "useful" ;D

How much money and time do you need to get an operation running if you have, say, 6 characters at 110 with like 900 ilvl on each? Also, any ideas what kind of gold could I be expecting each month if I did it properly, without touching garrisons, just order hall? I wanna resub but eh, I don't feel like paying real money for more than 2-4 months of subtime to get it rolling, I'd love to have the operation pay for it afterwards. I'm not too fond of this expansion, but I wanna raid, just this stupid rng grind makes me gouge my eyes out...

Quote Originally Posted by Alassiel View Post
    How much money and time do you need to get an operation running if you have, say, 6 characters at 110 with like 900 ilvl on each? Also, any ideas what kind of gold could I be expecting each month if I did it properly, without touching garrisons, just order hall? I wanna resub but eh, I don't feel like paying real money for more than 2-4 months of subtime to get it rolling, I'd love to have the operation pay for it afterwards. I'm not too fond of this expansion, but I wanna raid, just this stupid rng grind makes me gouge my eyes out...
    once you unlock the first argus missions you get minimum 1 gold mission per day with 600-1000 (+1500 if 200%) gold per character
    two weeks ago I only had 1 char with whom i did all the argus quests and could barely maintain a sub with a token (eu 280-300k/token) i.e. I was at +-0 gold the entire month thanks to the token. then I did the quests with two other characters and after 10 days I got the gold which took me a month to make
    currently questing with other characters to get more gold per month

this is hundred times better than garrisons and with blood of sargeras missions and a few wq here and there, resources are no problem

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    once you unlock the first argus missions you get minimum 1 gold mission per day with 600-1000 (+1500 if 200%) gold per character
    two weeks ago I only had 1 char with whom i did all the argus quests and could barely maintain a sub with a token (eu 280-300k/token) i.e. I was at +-0 gold the entire month thanks to the token. then I did the quests with two other characters and after 10 days I got the gold which took me a month to make
    currently questing with other characters to get more gold per month

this is hundred times better than garrisons and with blood of sargeras missions and a few wq here and there, resources are no problem
    Jesus fucking Christ, 3 chars and a token after about 2 weeks? Holy tits I need to get on this. I'm on EU as well, the token price is fucking absurd. I remember paying 86k for 2 months of gametime back in MoP from a friend living in the UK, so his currency was much stronger than mine.

How long does it take to get your char's followers more or less to reach such gold? If I paid for a 2 month sub with irl monies, do you think I could get the op rolling if I started the char from lvl 100? Basically got leftover alts that I didn't feel like levelling to 110 yet, but if this easy gold is achievable with like 3-4 chars, I gotta get it done and reap the gold while it lasts...

Got any good guides or short to-do list for the operation, if you don't mind sharing?

Jesus fucking Christ, 3 chars and a token after about 2 weeks? Holy tits I need to get on this. I'm on EU as well, the token price is fucking absurd. I remember paying 86k for 2 months of gametime back in MoP from a friend living in the UK, so his currency was much stronger than mine.

How long does it take to get your char's followers more or less to reach such gold? If I paid for a 2 month sub with irl monies, do you think I could get the op rolling if I started the char from lvl 100? Basically got leftover alts that I didn't feel like levelling to 110 yet, but if this easy gold is achievable with like 3-4 chars, I gotta get it done and reap the gold while it lasts...

Got any good guides or short to-do list for the operation, if you don't mind sharing?
    I have a character i'm running through this atm. almost 2 weeks in and at 900 ilvl followers. Should be another ~2 week to get them to 950 so 1 month to get there?
    Most of the time is spend waiting on the missions with the upgrade items which seem to spawn at around 1 per day and the quest missions take about a day each.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

2 months with irl money is more than enough (depending on how much/fast you lvl from to 110 maybe even just month is enough)
    if you have already a toon at 110 then no need for the second month to pay with real money imo

took me ~10 days to get my followers to 925 on two chars, currently waitng for missions to upgrade them to 950

on broken shore you can buy an item which boosts your follower to 880 ilvl but everything is explained in the guide:

from this thread: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...view?sle=true#

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    2 months with irl money is more than enough (depending on how much/fast you lvl from to 110 maybe even just month is enough)
    if you have already a toon at 110 then no need for the second month to pay with real money imo

took me ~10 days to get my followers to 925 on two chars, currently waitng for missions to upgrade them to 950

on broken shore you can buy an item which boosts your follower to 880 ilvl but everything is explained in the guide:

from this thread: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...view?sle=true#
    I can get 100-110 in a day, maybe less if I get mad about it. Glad to know it doesn't take that much. I think I remember ilvl 900 boosters dropping on Argus or something like that, probably speeds things up a bunch. I have a DK, Warr, Rogue, Hunter, DH and a Warlock on 110 already, but didn't do much in terms of order halls on them, so I guess I won't have to do that much work, just unlock Argus on all of them etc.

Shit, if I get it running properly and I can actually make decent gold with it (say, making a token every month with no hassle whatsoever after the initial setup and having some leftover gold), I'll try and throw a token your way as a thank you, assuming you're on EU and I can do that cross-realm.

Holy tits I need to get on this. I'm on EU as well, the token price is fucking absurd. I remember paying 86k for 2 months of gametime back in MoP from a friend living in the UK, so his currency was much stronger than mine.
    Well since I have about... 50 times more gold than I had in MOP I'd say the inflation of game time is pretty tame in comparison.

1. Level the char to max.
    2. Finish all order hall campaign.
    3. Unlock broken shore.
    4. Get the broken shore extra follower.
    5. Research class hall perks until 7th follower (step 4 required for this).
    6. Get some nethershards on either main or alt and buy these 880 boa follower armors from broken shore.
    7. Unlock Argus. Do everything, you'll need that later.
    8. Do the "rider Jerek" questline to unlock the 900 armor / equipment quests. You'll need to do few missions in the process.
    9. After you gear up followers to 900 and finish the questline, go to Alleria on the Vindicaar to continue progression (step 7 required). The questline will follow similar pattern to upgrade followers to 925, do a mission with them, then go to 950 and repeat.
    10. In the meanwhile keep an eye on your order resources and equipment missions as probably your new followers are not equipped at all. You'll need to keep sending them so they get xp and unlock slots and you'll need the equipments to be able to 200% the gold missions later on.

Well I think that's it!

Btw, remember to pick the WQ auto complete 1/day perk on DH, DK, Warrior, Paladin, Mage and Warlock alts and use it every day! Best targets are high blood quests (often on broken shore) or high order resources quests. Saves you time in the long run.

P.S. The part to upgrade followers to 925 / 950 takes at least 2 weeks total (unless super lucky with armor missions), so be ready for that.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2017-12-08 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Well since I have about... 50 times more gold than I had in MOP I'd say the inflation of game time is pretty tame in comparison.

1. Level the char to max.
    2. Finish all order hall campaign.
    3. Unlock broken shore.
    4. Get the broken shore extra follower.
    5. Research class hall perks until 7th follower (step 4 required for this).
    6. Get some nethershards on either main or alt and buy these 880 boa follower armors from broken shore.
    7. Unlock Argus. Do everything, you'll need that later.
    8. Do the "rider Jerek" questline to unlock the 900 armor / equipment quests. You'll need to do few missions in the process.
    9. After you gear up followers to 900 and finish the questline, go to Alleria on the Vindicaar to continue progression (step 7 required). The questline will follow similar pattern to upgrade followers to 925, do a mission with them, then go to 950 and repeat.
    10. In the meanwhile keep an eye on your order resources and equipment missions as probably your new followers are not equipped at all. You'll need to keep sending them so they get xp and unlock slots and you'll need the equipments to be able to 200% the gold missions later on.

Well I think that's it!

Btw, remember to pick the WQ auto complete 1/day perk on DH, DK, Warrior, Paladin, Mage and Warlock alts and use it every day! Best targets are high blood quests (often on broken shore) or high order resources quests. Saves you time in the long run.

P.S. The part to upgrade followers to 925 / 950 takes at least 2 weeks total (unless super lucky with armor missions), so be ready for that.
    Well, I've never been much of a gold maker outside of PvE boosting, most of my gold in MoP was done through heroic(now mythic) carries and challenge modes, now I'm playing more relaxed, no longer raiding for 25h a week alone, when I raided in Legion it was more like 12 and in a much worse guild than that which couldn't really boost anything worthwhile, so no gold for me :P

Thank you very much for the steplist too. Glad to know people are still willing on sharing knowledge as far as making gold is concerned. Very, very appreciated, man, really.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    You log in, first spawn, than every 6 hours. Not sure how/when it resets the spawn cycle.
    It seems to follow the world quests spawn times
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted
    Definatley easiest money makin by doing nothing

Okay so after a month or two preparing I finally have all my 11 characters with all the argus questlines done plus the class hall campaigns. With all the followers upgraded to 950 after the argus campaign, I get around 50-60k a day just logging once at morning and once before bed. Im pretty sure I lose some gold missions since I dont check every 6 hours so this could be even more profitable. Also with the epic follower equipment introduced in argus the missions get completed with a 200% most of the times.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll link my shit later today when it's not 1:30am on a school night
    But quick info, I've made 1.6m gold since 8th of October in class hall gold missions alone. Running 12 characters.
    I'd advise getting them all through the Argus story line and up to 950 ilvl since the gold ramps up a lot at that point. Characters that have finished Argus average 3140g a day.
    Like i said, I'll post more detail when I've dropped my kids off to school in the morning

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashardis View Post
    I'll link my shit later today when it's not 1:30am on a school night
    But quick info, I've made 1.6m gold since 8th of October in class hall gold missions alone. Running 12 characters.
    I'd advise getting them all through the Argus story line and up to 950 ilvl since the gold ramps up a lot at that point. Characters that have finished Argus average 3140g a day.
    Like i said, I'll post more detail when I've dropped my kids off to school in the morning
    My issue seems to be resources to get the new followers. Those ‘die’ pretty quickly it seems.
    Even if I use Bloods from other toons. You need 4 bloods for 1 follower.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    My issue seems to be resources to get the new followers. Those ‘die’ pretty quickly it seems.
    Even if I use Bloods from other toons. You need 4 bloods for 1 follower.
    with fully upgraded champions running max counter items you can skimp on them.
    And a lot of classes have some way to regain vitality
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    with fully upgraded champions running max counter items you can skimp on them.
    And a lot of classes have some way to regain vitality
    Currently my Shaman is the only one I have fully decked out, but still every 2/3 days I’ll have to get 1-3 new recruits which on a weekly basis is 5000-7000 resources just on follwers.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Currently my Shaman is the only one I have fully decked out, but still every 2/3 days I’ll have to get 1-3 new recruits which on a weekly basis is 5000-7000 resources just on follwers.
    The hell you're using them for? The only time I really have to use it is 2-slot argus elite type of mission. And sending mostly gold and bloods it's not that often overall. And even when it happens Nobundo's healing totems take care of it. Most 3 slot missions are minion + hazard or spell + spell, when it comes to gold, so matching the counter with the equipment that gives +50% success with that counter often means you can 200% mission without countering argus elite at all. Especially the tauren guy whatever his name is amazing because he counters hazard and adds 15% extra success to hazard. Using old greater troops is useful too, they add 45% if mission has minions (half the gold missions) or if Avalanchion is present. I go for 30% reduction + 30% overall success and then either 50% counter or 25% everything (if the class has success tokens, allows me to not worry about matching followers perfectly).

Unless you're trying to send every single mission or simply much more than gold, I dunno how do you churn through argus troops so fast.

how are you burning through followers that quickily when Shamans have healing stream totem to restore troop vitality?

Are you sending them on missions you don't need to send them? Most 3 slot missions can be 200% without an argus troop, even if it has an argue elite to be countered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    how are you burning through followers that quickily when Shamans have healing stream totem to restore troop vitality?

Are you sending them on missions you don't need to send them? Most 3 slot missions can be 200% without an argus troop, even if it has an argue elite to be countered.
    Just rep and gold missions nothing else.

Just rep and gold missions nothing else.
    That seems very unlikely then. You have to be doing something wrong. I only do ap, gold, and BoS missions on my shaman and im sitting on 3+ tokens of each follower because you can only have 2 recruited at a time.