Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    I mean the only solace I really take in this is that all these characters were already 100 from being used for Garrisons which were all power levelled simply via RAF and a friend dungeon rushing me with XP pots the entire way so they were max level in like...4 hours (RAF'd monks with xp pots and the xp boost every 10 lvls were fucking hilarious) and a majority of them were levelled via invasions or just got boosted when Legion was on sale and it ended up being able to essentially buy 100 boosts for half the price of an actual boost since I had all those RAF accounts that got automatically upgraded to WoD before.

I have absolutely no attachment to any of these characters so ditching them will be easy once there's no feasible reason for them to continue to exist.
    Bro, the funny thing is, all of my toons were leveled almost exactly the same way. I had a bunch of toons on Korgath, 10 in total. Transferred 2 of them before Legion to Proudmoore. On Proudmoore, I used RAF and the pre-launch invasions, along with a second account, and would AFK in each invasion zone and then switch to the next when needed. Plus the bonus levels that RAF gave you. Then in Legion, I leveled 5 toons legitimately. The others, more invasions. And in the past week or two, I've been doing that again with my Korgath toons, along with the boosts. I bought a 3rd account for disenchanting purposes, and to be my shuffle account in Battle, and used the 2 boosts (complete expansion package gives you all expac including Battle, a level 100 boost, and a level 110 boost). Now I've got 3 toons left to finish off their order hall campaigns, and then I'll have an insane amount of toons just funneling me gold nonstop until battle. When battle hits, those toons no longer exist to me
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    then I'll have an insane amount of toons just funneling me gold nonstop until battle. When battle hits, those toons no longer exist to me
    Yeah, I haven't gone nearly as crazy with it but I make a crapton of gold from missions too. No doubt, that is very possible. Question is, do you enjoy it? I mean, I don't. It's tedious as hell. But I feel compelled to do it, refreshing missions two to third times every single day, because it's just too much money to give up. And that sucks. I prefer games to be fun.

And no, saying "just stop" really isn't the answer. I won't stop. Never gonna stop. They need to take the rewards away. And not add new ones in BFA.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Yeah, I haven't gone nearly as crazy with it but I make a crapton of gold from missions too. No doubt, that is very possible. Question is, do you enjoy it? I mean, I don't. It's tedious as hell. But I feel compelled to do it, refreshing missions two to third times every single day, because it's just too much money to give up. And that sucks. I prefer games to be fun.

And no, saying "just stop" really isn't the answer. I won't stop. Never gonna stop. They need to take the rewards away. And not add new ones in BFA.
    No, I definitely don't enjoy it. If anything, it's difficult to stick to the same schedule I had before. The problem is, it's so lucrative that I likely won't stop till battle pre-launch. I plan to stop focusing on gold at some point during Battle, as I've been a goblin since WoD and I just don't enjoy it anymore. I plan on getting about 50m tucked away for the future, and then never looking at gold making agaib unless I go broke

The problem is that it's not just a trivial amount of gold you wouldn't think twice about leaving on the table. Like if these missions at most gave like 500-700g I probably wouldn't bother outside of the characters I genuinely enjoy playing on a daily basis. But when you can rake in even like 3k per alt on a BAD day you can't let that just go by. You'd be absolutely stupid to.

I always get a good chuckle out of thinking back to 6.1 and Blizz going "WHOA WE CAN'T HAVE BLINGTRONS SHOWING UP EVERY WEEK FOR EVERYONE THATS TOO MUCH GOLD" meanwhile 2 years later we were like "what's the point of 950 gold missions if they're not higher rewards" and Blizz is like "Oh yeah my bad here have more gold"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is that it's not just a trivial amount of gold you wouldn't think twice about leaving on the table. Like if these missions at most gave like 500-700g I probably wouldn't bother outside of the characters I genuinely enjoy playing on a daily basis. But when you can rake in even like 3k per alt on a BAD day you can't let that just go by. You'd be absolutely stupid to.

I always get a good chuckle out of thinking back to 6.1 and Blizz going "WHOA WE CAN'T HAVE BLINGTRONS SHOWING UP EVERY WEEK FOR EVERYONE THATS TOO MUCH GOLD" meanwhile 2 years later we were like "what's the point of 950 gold missions if they're not higher rewards" and Blizz is like "Oh yeah my bad here have more gold"
    You mention 3k gold. I'd like to expand on that. Now multiply that by 20. You're talking about a bad day generating 60k, and a bad week generating 420k. On the positive thinking side, it's closer to a million a week. That million a week (between raw gold, primals, nethershards) is a massive source of income that we likely won't see again. People bring up the garrisons, but garrisons weren't anywhere near as lucrative as the order halls. All in all, now that I've knocked out this work, hitting 100m gold in Battle (which was my goal months ago) seems like a breeze between the gold I'll make from order halls and the gold i make playing the ah

I "only" have 12 characters mining gold from missions, and I make around ~1.3 million gold per month doing it. I don't bother with primals, nethershards, etc, just plain missions on 12 characters 2-3x/day. I don't have one ounce of actual fun doing it, but I can't stop. Beyond the fact that it isn't fun and sucks, it's also hugely inflationary, and was obviously a major problem back in WoD, which they compounded in Legion and then again in 7.3 with even-more-lucrative Argus missions.

I hope BfA doesn't have any missions rewarding gold, but there is no reason to believe that they won't compound their errors again in the next expansion. I mean, they will do that. We all know they will, right?

I may still just delete them anyway. Like I said before I've basically bought everything I've wanted with this shit so I'm basically going until they inevitably nerf it in 8.0 and then it's time to take an axe to my account.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I may still just delete them anyway. Like I said before I've basically bought everything I've wanted with this shit so I'm basically going until they inevitably nerf it in 8.0 and then it's time to take an axe to my account.
    there's a good chance I keep mine around just in case, but only time will tell. Even with a method such as order halls, if it follows into Battle, I don't think I could do this much longer. It's already a struggle to get through at this poibt, as I've been doing it for months now, and I'll be doing it for a few more months atleast

- - - Updated - - -

I "only" have 12 characters mining gold from missions, and I make around ~1.3 million gold per month doing it. I don't bother with primals, nethershards, etc, just plain missions on 12 characters 2-3x/day. I don't have one ounce of actual fun doing it, but I can't stop. Beyond the fact that it isn't fun and sucks, it's also hugely inflationary, and was obviously a major problem back in WoD, which they compounded in Legion and then again in 7.3 with even-more-lucrative Argus missions.

I hope BfA doesn't have any missions rewarding gold, but there is no reason to believe that they won't compound their errors again in the next expansion. I mean, they will do that. We all know they will, right?
    I have the same hope honestly, cause I plan on just playing the AH game in Battle, hitting 100m earned, and then moving along and just playing the game

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure they've nerfed the primal sargerite bonus loot from 3 to 2 as well

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blandalf View Post
    I'm pretty sure they've nerfed the primal sargerite bonus loot from 3 to 2 as well
    probably not, it was always 2 or 3

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanjuurou View Post
    probably not, it was always 2 or 3
    I think you're right, just got two more missions that awarded 3.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blandalf View Post
    Sometimes there's 2+2 missions and sometimes there 2+3 missions

Did they remove the nerf to BoS missions? I logged in on my druid and I had no counters for a BoS mission with resource cost increase, but the mission costed 3600 so with the counter it should be 1800? Im gonna check anyways this afternoon or tonight and see if they did or not

You were wrong, its not changed.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orxilalo View Post
    Did they remove the nerf to BoS missions? I logged in on my druid and I had no counters for a BoS mission with resource cost increase, but the mission costed 3600 so with the counter it should be 1800? Im gonna check anyways this afternoon or tonight and see if they did or not
    just a wrong tooltip, i saw it aswell and tested it but the cost is still higher than before. seems to be only a few missions that show wrong ressource costs even ingame.

So did anyone test if they get more gold missions leaving champions at 925? My alt I just set up made more than my main with 950 champions

Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    So did anyone test if they get more gold missions leaving champions at 925? My alt I just set up made more than my main with 950 champions
    I doubt it since it's all RNG based on how many missions you get. Your champion's iLvL won't influence that. There are some days my i900 ones make more than my i925 and i950's. RNG is just RNG. At 950 with the gear and everything I can make 2k in about 1-2hrs depending on which champions I send (1-2) while i925 you could struggle a little and send out less.

Quote Originally Posted by orxilalo View Post
    if you are countering with Broll (and almost all +cost for druid for BoS missions are countered by Dash,at least for me), then you will be looking at 1260 due to his 30% reduction

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    RNG. 950 missions are worth more

The only way 925 would beat 950 is if they had diminishing returns on missions by tier. As there are no diminishing returns at all (amazingly enough) you want to grind through Argus for the millionth time and get all your garrison followers to 950 ASAP for optimal gold farming.

Great point David, re that druid follower making BoS missions still being worth doing. I thought of my druid as a leech because that class didn't get a daily WQ complete, but perhaps not so much! Thanks.