Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    Tank npc and boss literally double KO'd each other but I got the Resto challenge down. Now all that's left is Feral. It seems pretty tough, you have to keep track of bleeds on boss, dmg the adds, watch the pools, CC the adds running to her, interrupt heals, burst barrier, interrupt boss, it's a headache.
    Grats!

Also don't forget that on top of all of the above you also get to watch out for and avoid boulders that one shot you. The Feral challenge sure is fun!

Well i'm having some humble pie with ice cream if anyone wants to join me heh. It had a few <5% deaths. It either goes very well or not so much. Watching videos with lower ilvl toons cruising through it... Feelsbadman

Got Feral down last night and got the achievement for all four challenges down. There's too many things for my brain to keep track of using Jagged Wounds so I specced into Sabertooth so I could keep a Blood Talon'd, Savage Roar'd, Tiger's Fury'd Rip on the boss more easily. This made transitions easier and getting Agatha's shield down more reliable. Had a discouraging wipe at 2% because Umbral Imps were up before barrier was down, but eventually got used to the Predator lifestyle and spammed Thrash/Swipe like a madman while using Typhoon to interrupt both healing adds whenever possible. Agatha got to like 5% and then did nothing letting me take her down for the win.

Finally got the tank challenge down last night after a whopping 172 attempts. Puts me at 2/4 after having already got the easy boomkin one.

Getting a nice big warning WA for the infernal smash casts made a huge difference as I kept derping and getting knocked off by them

Really wanted to do this before patch so I didn't have to rely on overgearing it to make up for the MoU removal so I'm a happy drood!!

Just need to learn how to kitty and tree now

Got Guardian down finally late last week after picking up luffas. After getting it down I see how it wasn't necessary but DAMN did it make it easier. TLDR strat:

With luffa: No incarn off the pull as you really don't need the dps for Inquisitor with luffas. RotS, Barkskin(w/ brambles), or use an Orb every time adds come up, stay moving in one direction to avoid running backwards into an Infernal smash (I just tried to stay clockwise around Inquis), tag eyes and infernals with MF, if you happen to run near an infernal be sure to get thrash on them and tag with Mangle, but stay moving and don't tunnel. Soon as Kruul comes down I popped my zerk macro (drums, pot, Incarn, RotS) and just ate the first Annihilate with nothing but Ironfur since it only tickles. Once Incarn dropped he was probably under 20m health and I completely focused chaining stuns on him when Anni #2 came up. Incap + Orb + Bash + Orb = 10+ seconds of quality dps. Save Roar in case you get leapt on and cant stop it. Finally let Anni #2 go thru with Barkskin, by the time #3 comes out you should have Incap + Orb + Bash up again and be able to finish him off!

Without: If I were to ever have to go back and do this w/out luffa (I was running Elize and AHR prior to getting them) I would use Incarn in P1 right off the bat since Inquis will die slower (esp if you dont have Eko either and struggle with keeping Thrash on him), but everything else basically the same. With Inquis dying slower you should be able to get Incarn back up for Kruul within 60s of him coming down, save your drums + pot for as soon as Incarn is up in P2 and go ham with basically the same overall strat as above

Huh? You used Incarnation twice in P2? What were you doing for 3 minutes?

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    Huh? You used Incarnation twice in P2? What were you doing for 3 minutes?
    Not twice in P2, twice in the whole fight. If you use it from the start it will come off cd about 30-60 (depending on your gear) seconds after Kruul appears.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried the tank challenge a few times, seems disproportionately difficult. Since this is still a game, which should be fun, I'm gonna give it a pass.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by vorchun View Post
    Not twice in P2, twice in the whole fight. If you use it from the start it will come off cd about 30-60 (depending on your gear) seconds after Kruul appears.
    I guess I misread Incap as Incarn or you changed it.

I was pretty close to getting the Balance one down last time the mage tower was up. I've gotten a couple of ilevels since then and also reworked some of my stats (20% more mastery, yay!) So I'm feeling pretty good about getting it next time around.

Quote Originally Posted by joltcola1234 View Post
    I was pretty close to getting the Balance one down last time the mage tower was up. I've gotten a couple of ilevels since then and also reworked some of my stats (20% more mastery, yay!) So I'm feeling pretty good about getting it next time around.
    Sure enough, just got it! ilevel 903

I didn't really use the cookie cutter suggestions for it either...but either way, now that that is out of the way time to get the color from killing all the dungeon bosses!

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Tried the tank challenge a few times, seems disproportionately difficult. Since this is still a game, which should be fun, I'm gonna give it a pass.
    You fit your avatar well.

Just got the guardian skin today!

1-3-1-1-2-2-1

Ekowraith and Sephuz

909 ilvl

2-set tier 20

Just had to hold out for incarn and krull melted.

Finally got balance one last night. Sephuz and OI. I think Ill go for the guardian one next
    Ilvl is like a Bikini. What it shows is interesting, what it hides is crutial!

Guardian complete after ~25 tries. No luffa, no eko. Sephuz/Elize. (got Elize today) Elize made the difference.

Big shoutout to the info here, it helped a ton, especially info for doing it without luffa/eko.
    Last edited by vicour; 2017-07-02 at 01:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by joltcola1234 View Post
    Sure enough, just got it! ilevel 903

I didn't really use the cookie cutter suggestions for it either...but either way, now that that is out of the way time to get the color from killing all the dungeon bosses!
    I really like the 4th color option for killing all the dungeon bosses:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...renden/hifiman

What ilvl is good for the tank challenge?

I have two thrash relics now with Luffa's and I'm 906. I have the third thrash relic, but I would be losing a 915 in the process. I have no tier pieces, should I wait till I get some 2 piece of ToS tier?

Quote Originally Posted by Icecreamcake View Post
    What ilvl is good for the tank challenge?

I have two thrash relics now with Luffa's and I'm 906. I have the third thrash relic, but I would be losing a 915 in the process. I have no tier pieces, should I wait till I get some 2 piece of ToS tier?
    I would think that at 906 with Luffa and Thrash relics that you can clear it easily. There'd be a learning curve as far as mechanics but you definitely have the gear for it.

So I'm having some trouble with the Guardian challenge; it's my last one. Phase 1 is not a problem for me, but I'm just having such a hard time avoiding the fire patches during phase 2. It just seems like if I try to get far enough away that I can run out during his leap that my DPS suffers or I'm not close enough to stun/incap roar him, but if I get close enough to do those things then he just does a tiny jump, spawns fire under me, and then I get wrecked. Does he do anything to telegraph when he's about to jump?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you jump just as he jumps, you won't get slowed and you will take extremely small amounts of damage from the fire as you get out of it.