Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
... LastLast
  1. #101
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bergen op Zoom, Netherlands
    Posts
    387
    I've had the feral one since Week 1 so haven't really looked back on the others since all i wanted was the achievement and for all the skins i find Feral the coolest of them.
    But yea, being a main Guardian i guess it was about time.
    3-shot it... Using Eko+Luffa, going 1-3-1-1-3-1-1 spec.
    Earthwarden was a nice way to reduce the incoming melee damage from Kruul and you barely mangle in P1 anyway so a talent that's only used in half the fight was a bit of a waste imo, hence Earthwarden. GG was obvious as it keeps a more steady rage regen for the duration of the fight and you aren't relying completely on Incarnation for damage. Moonfire hits rather darn hard at this stage and that means i have both swipe, thrash and moonfire to deal damage in P1, which then took very little time. Eyes also melt and even the infernals are easy to pick off when needed.

    Using DMC and a 915 Chrono Shard - added movement speed was a nice touch.
    Mmm... Bear!
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made of meat?

  2. #102
    Just got balance one done. Using bear tartare was amazing because I let the small adds slowly die while kiting and pretty much had the run speed buff up all the time.

    I also made two macros, one for targeting the hands and one for Raest so I could easily swap between them as needed.

    Felt good to do as I'm a resto main and don't have any true balance legs. Used Prydaz and Eko.

    As for the resto one I'm consistently getting to the final phase but having to smooth out keeping my hp low but trying to survive the leaps. I need to time going into bear form better. Also learned to drop Prydaz on that portion as I couldn't get my hp low enough to not blow up my party.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #103
    Did the resto last night after ignoring it since week one. The second to last part was my hardest part. P1 I found easy but wiped 23 times on trying to get the adds healed up. I could never get 3 for the first 2 rounfs so I would emd up with 4 or 5 adds and get killed. Once I got that part down I did last phase easily. I didnt worryabout anytjing just healed through all of the damage, even the jumps. Finished with everyone close to 100% hp. The guides lay out p1 great so that is a cake walk to me.

  4. #104
    4 adds up is the exact same as P1...

  5. #105
    Have Resto and Balance. Would like to work on Feral and Guardian but I don't have Luffa, only the non-spec-specific leggos and the helm for Feral. I'll try and get them once the expac is ending by just brute-forcing them with ilvl.

  6. #106
    How well does the HP of the party members you are healing scale with ilvl? I am ilvl 915 and I can't understand what I am doing wrong. I consistently am having myself in the range of 30% or so but that is a big enough explosion to kill the party members I am with. However if I go lower, a leap and being in the fel kills me.

    I also don't get it because I keep the party members fully hotted and topped off and they still seem to just go down instantly.

  7. #107
    Haven't tried, probably won't.
    It's a secret to everybody.

  8. #108
    Got balance first after about 15 tries, resto shortly after at about 20. Got feral two days ago just after 90 wipes, and now I'm pushing the bear one. 50 wipes in and I just broke into the second phase. Hoping to make some progress on it next week.

  9. #109
    Have all except Feral done on my Druid, and I'll never do it either.

  10. #110
    You guys think that 920ilvl is enough to get done resto and feral quests?
    I haven't played resto since Wotlk and feral since TBC so I rely on my gear to carry me towards victory.
    I have trinkets and heroic tier pieces for them so from this standpoint, it should be ok.
    It's just a drag for me to get into another spec but I want to have them all completed.

  11. #111
    How's the guardian one now? I did it the second week after the second round of nerfs, and it took me around 50 attempts total. Is it still similar?
    Also, is the feral one tough?

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathination View Post
    How's the guardian one now? I did it the second week after the second round of nerfs, and it took me around 50 attempts total. Is it still similar?
    Also, is the feral one tough?
    Bear one is still a bit of a clusterfuck, but gear is enough to carry you now. 4 set ToS is incredibly good for instance. I'd imagine if you have Luffas/legs or balance shoulders/arcane dmg cloak it'd be a bit of a joke compared to the first few rounds of mage tower. If you don't have those its more of a pain in the ass unless you're pretty decked out.

    You guys think that 920ilvl is enough to get done resto and feral quests?
    Feral one isnt too bad. I did it last tower at like 908 with cinidaria and tf helm running standard bloodtalons build but with predator for the tf resets. It's just a matter of controlling the adds properly and maintaining bt bleeds on Agatha. You can practically ignore Agatha the entire fight outside of keeping bleeds on her and she'll die to them. The bleeds alone practically outdamage both imps healing her, so just focus on not fucking up boulders, keeping fume imp pools away from where you need to be, and stomping umbrals/flaming imps asap.

    The way you fail that challenge is by thinking that Agatha is something you need to pay any attention to, sh'e doesn't matter at all. If you have bleeds on her 24/7 you can just break bubble and interrupt with a couple shreds.

  13. #113
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathination View Post
    How's the guardian one now? I did it the second week after the second round of nerfs, and it took me around 50 attempts total. Is it still similar?
    Also, is the feral one tough?
    Bear is a pain still if you got low ilvl or no luffa. I can comfortably get into phase 2 with 903 ilvl and no relevant legendaries (using neck and the trinket that grants a shield) I can play phase 1 like clockwork now, get into phase 2 and my gear is just not enough to DPS the boss quick enough, I'm at 13% wipes constantly before his 4th-5th annihilate just gets me. All the videos I see on YouTube have 910+ ilvl and great legendaries with loooooots of mistakes in both phases and still get carried by gear. I'm a filthy casual so I guess I better start pugging for gear and get carried by it =)

    Did balance one with 898 ilvl, took me less than 20 attempts. Very long attempts, again, low ilvl just means longer fights which turns into more chances of making mistakes, but guardian one doesn't work like that, phase 2 is a plain DPS race, so don't go in with low ilvl or without luffa.

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivram View Post
    Bear is a pain still if you got low ilvl or no luffa. I can comfortably get into phase 2 with 903 ilvl and no relevant legendaries (using neck and the trinket that grants a shield) I can play phase 1 like clockwork now, get into phase 2 and my gear is just not enough to DPS the boss quick enough, I'm at 13% wipes constantly before his 4th-5th annihilate just gets me. All the videos I see on YouTube have 910+ ilvl and great legendaries with loooooots of mistakes in both phases and still get carried by gear. I'm a filthy casual so I guess I better start pugging for gear and get carried by it =)

    Did balance one with 898 ilvl, took me less than 20 attempts. Very long attempts, again, low ilvl just means longer fights which turns into more chances of making mistakes, but guardian one doesn't work like that, phase 2 is a plain DPS race, so don't go in with low ilvl or without luffa.
    It's crazy that you can do it without luffas/ekowraith! I remember when I did it that nobody finished it without at least one of the two, so good on you for getting so far. What build are you running for it? Incarn?

    Gl!

  15. #115
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathination View Post
    It's crazy that you can do it without luffas/ekowraith! I remember when I did it that nobody finished it without at least one of the two, so good on you for getting so far. What build are you running for it? Incarn?

    Gl!
    I am using:
    Blood Frenzy
    Wild Charge
    Balance Affinity ofc
    Typhoon. It works to interrupt when I don't want to skull bash to avoid stacks, also sometimes the boss on p1 will be melee'd by Velen if I toss him in the right direction, Velen has done up to 10 mill damage to the first boss
    Incarnation to try and push DPS on phase 2. Galactic Guardian was my first choice because, without it, I have to cast 2 moon fires to get the eyes. But GG is useless for my ilvl in phase 2.
    Survival of the Fittest. If I get more than 2 stacks on phase 1 I need to start using CDs or the regular casts just drop me too fast.
    Rend and Tear.

    The one thing that I couldn't do without is the Bear Tartare buff, it's the only thing that allows me to run in to keep thrash up and run out with 1 stack constantly. I do have 2 thrash relics.

    Most of my wipes on p1 at this point are due to Holy Wards spawning right on top of each other, I got it down to muscle memory now, just can't push phase 2, even if I play it perfectly (take no damage from the jump, interrupt the casts, don't get hit by beams) I end up getting one shot by annihilate eventually... Hopefully we will be getting 910+ ilvl from easy sources towards the end of the expansion and they won't scale this thing up haha.

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivram View Post
    I am using:
    Blood Frenzy
    Wild Charge
    Balance Affinity ofc
    Typhoon. It works to interrupt when I don't want to skull bash to avoid stacks, also sometimes the boss on p1 will be melee'd by Velen if I toss him in the right direction, Velen has done up to 10 mill damage to the first boss
    Incarnation to try and push DPS on phase 2. Galactic Guardian was my first choice because, without it, I have to cast 2 moon fires to get the eyes. But GG is useless for my ilvl in phase 2.
    Survival of the Fittest. If I get more than 2 stacks on phase 1 I need to start using CDs or the regular casts just drop me too fast.
    Rend and Tear.

    The one thing that I couldn't do without is the Bear Tartare buff, it's the only thing that allows me to run in to keep thrash up and run out with 1 stack constantly. I do have 2 thrash relics.

    Most of my wipes on p1 at this point are due to Holy Wards spawning right on top of each other, I got it down to muscle memory now, just can't push phase 2, even if I play it perfectly (take no damage from the jump, interrupt the casts, don't get hit by beams) I end up getting one shot by annihilate eventually... Hopefully we will be getting 910+ ilvl from easy sources towards the end of the expansion and they won't scale this thing up haha.
    That makes sense. Incarn probably isn't worth it dps wise without luffas and elize, but I think you'd need to sim it. I also used Bear Tartare, and it was actually the best thing ever. I don't think I would have been able to do it without it. How many artifact traits do you have?

  17. #117
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathination View Post
    That makes sense. Incarn probably isn't worth it dps wise without luffas and elize, but I think you'd need to sim it. I also used Bear Tartare, and it was actually the best thing ever. I don't think I would have been able to do it without it. How many artifact traits do you have?
    Yeah bear tartare is carrying me hard, did so on balance one too haha
    I got concordance on all 4 specs. I just do my dailies and pvp dailies, I stopped doing any raids after I completed balance of power and stopped mythic+ when I got the 15+ skin unlocked. This expansion I'm just collecting crap and pugging raids when I need to complete achievements... I may skip heroic kil'jaden tint though, can't be bothered.

  18. #118
    Just completed Mage Tower for Feral with:
    Ilvl 910
    Legendaries: Ekowratih and Sephuz so yes no luffa.
    Traits: 54
    Build: Predator, Renewal, Balance Affinity, Typhon, Savage Roar, Jagged Wounds, Brutal Slash.

    9 min 15 sec encounter.

    No some tips:
    1. You can kite exploding adds with balance affinity and rake slow and kill them or kite them to safe place and let them explode.
    2. You can typhon both healing adds if you position yourself close enough to first add and face second one.
    3. Try to save second berserk for p2 when she teleport. it's hardest moment because metorites spawn to close and adds can teleport on them making it even harder.
    4. When boss teleport rake slow adds and maybe rip one of them so when they come to boss they have low hp.

    It took me 25 wipes to kill this shit. Sadly there is little rng in this fight

  19. #119
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by zeoos View Post
    You guys think that 920ilvl is enough to get done resto and feral quests?
    Absolutely. I did the resto one with relative ease at 890 ilvl and the feral one at about ~900 without luffas I think. Brutal Slash carried the Agatha fight for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Druitz View Post
    No some tips:
    1. You can kite exploding adds with balance affinity and rake slow and kill them or kite them to safe place and let them explode.
    You can also just typhoon the exploding imps into the lava, then stand next to them to make them stop moving as they will then explode in the lava and you won't even have to bother killing them. All the other imps was no issue for me with Brutal Slash, Rake and the Tiger's Fury reset talent.

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivram View Post
    I am using:
    Blood Frenzy
    Wild Charge
    Balance Affinity ofc
    Typhoon. It works to interrupt when I don't want to skull bash to avoid stacks, also sometimes the boss on p1 will be melee'd by Velen if I toss him in the right direction, Velen has done up to 10 mill damage to the first boss
    Incarnation to try and push DPS on phase 2. Galactic Guardian was my first choice because, without it, I have to cast 2 moon fires to get the eyes. But GG is useless for my ilvl in phase 2.
    Survival of the Fittest. If I get more than 2 stacks on phase 1 I need to start using CDs or the regular casts just drop me too fast.
    Rend and Tear.

    The one thing that I couldn't do without is the Bear Tartare buff, it's the only thing that allows me to run in to keep thrash up and run out with 1 stack constantly. I do have 2 thrash relics.

    Most of my wipes on p1 at this point are due to Holy Wards spawning right on top of each other, I got it down to muscle memory now, just can't push phase 2, even if I play it perfectly (take no damage from the jump, interrupt the casts, don't get hit by beams) I end up getting one shot by annihilate eventually... Hopefully we will be getting 910+ ilvl from easy sources towards the end of the expansion and they won't scale this thing up haha.
    You can sit on the very edge of the circle and use disorient roar to interrupt every other without getting stacks. This allows you to take mighty bash for p2 and use it with orb/roar to delay annihilates for a very long time giving you much more time to handle p2 and get more dps in. Id highly recommend using bash over typhoon for that specific purpose.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •