Poll: Would you like to play Orc druids?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Horde New playable race: Orc

So I've been dreaming about this for a while. I would love to have orc druids.
    To me it would be a natural fit, but not because of wow lore.

I played a few table top RPGs in the past, and in one of them there were Orc shape-shifters. They had individual rage animals into which they could transform during combat. They had to get wounded enough to be able to transform, just like Berserkers.

In wow, with their shamanistic side, they are close to wolf spirits, and have a close relationship with their worg companions.
    I would love to see them with Wolf/Worg Feral forms along with the orcishly stylized established Guardian and Restoration forms.
    The only spec that doesn't really fit is the Balance spec, but it's just class mechanics from there.

I have a feeling that we might get some new class race combos next expansion from the Paladin Class Hall followers.
    There are two Nightelf Paladin followers, maybe we'll see some more of that?

Druid identity has been twisted from lorekeepers devoted to maintaining natural balance (state of equilibrium between good and evil alike) into tree-hugging hippies, so I could see some changes, but I doubt Orcs are the answer to it.

Quote Originally Posted by saradonin View Post
    Druid identity has been twisted from lorekeepers devoted to maintaining natural balance (state of equilibrium between good and evil alike) into tree-hugging hippies, so I could see some changes, but I doubt Orcs are the answer to it.
    Druids were never about balance of good and evil in the first place. They are about maintaining the balance of Nature, not morals.

Either way, the hotheaded Orcs don't really fit with them. Neither a connection to nature, nor the calm to learn it.
    Last edited by huth; 2017-05-16 at 09:15 AM.

I don't see why not.

Just as Orc Shamans from the Earthen Ring are about maintaining balance in the elements (also considered as nature).
    You could argue they would be equally suited as Orc Druids from the Cenarian Circle.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestraza View Post
    I don't see why not.

Just as Orc Shamans from the Earthen Ring are about maintaining balance in the elements (also considered as nature).
    You could argue they would be equally suited as Orc Druids from the Cenarian Circle.
    I mean with that logic, goblin, dwarf, draenei and pandaren should all get druid. And should work both ways so Nelf/Worgen should get shaman. Just because there is some similarities between classes doesn't mean if a race can be one they should be both. Because then every race but Orc should be allowed to be paladins since they can all be priests.
    Last edited by Asylinna; 2017-05-16 at 10:16 AM.

Pandaren would probably be the ones most suited from a general disposition, and it wouldn't take much to put a similar spin on them and the August Celestials as the Trolls and Loa. Besides, it would be an easy way to give both factions an additional Druid race.

Goblins would likely have severe mental problems with something that isn't a for-profit endeavour.

But really, Druids and Shamans are vastly different in how they approach things, and the Elements are a completely different thing from Life and Nature in WarCraft cosmology.

Deleted
    I think the problem lies, of course, in Blizzard druid vision.

As i said in other threads, shaman and druid, even if they both are tied to nature, have a big difference in WoW.
    Shaman are usually more "wild" caster, in sense that they do not need to follow a guide, they are "born" with nature communion, and that's why we have the "savage" orc shaman. In short, shaman, or the majority of them, have a "raw" connection with nature.

On the other side, always in WoW point of view, Druid 99% of time need a guide, a teacher, someone that introduces them into Druidism ways. That's why Druid share, since WoW beginning, core location between alliance and horde, while Shamans only later decided to form an "association".

TLDR: unless Blizzard let some race that can be Druid teach or introduce an Orc into the way on Druidism, it's unlikely we are gonna have Orc Druid.

Please no. There will be no stopping the ' all races can play all classes threadmill then. ' Which some people don't mind, but I dislike that idea.
    Epics for show, Greens for the pro

Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    As i said in other threads, shaman and druid, even if they both are tied to nature, have a big difference in WoW.
    Shaman are usually more "wild" caster, in sense that they do not need to follow a guide, they are "born" with nature communion, and that's why we have the "savage" orc shaman. In short, shaman, or the majority of them, have a "raw" connection with nature.
    Shamans have ties to the Elements, not Nature. They're also more indirect and basically come down to diplomacy and coercion. When they talk about "speaking to the elements", they mean that literally.

The two aren't even remotely the same thing. In fact, Shamans are about as far from Druids as they are from Mages or Death Knights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Shamans have ties to the Elements, not Nature. They're also more indirect and basically come down to diplomacy and coercion. When they talk about "speaking to the elements", they mean that literally.

The two aren't even remotely the same thing. In fact, Shamans are about as far from Druids as they are from Mages or Death Knights.
    Yeah sorry, but the point still stand. Shaman can learn by themselve and we have plenty of example in WoW. But Druid are 99% of case introduced by a Druid mentor, guide, teacher. Of course we have NPC that are similar to druid, but so far all playble races that can be Druid are not "wild" druid, but they are all affiliated with Cenarius and Co.

So as i said, unless Blizzard let some race that can be Druid teach or introduce an Orc into the way on Druidism, it's unlikely we are gonna have Orc Druid.

In practice, I don't really mind. In principle, I feel the more class/race combination concessions we allow, the more it chips away at the identity and sense of exclusivity. 12 years into the game though? I wouldn't have the energy to get upset.

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    Another druid race means more shapeshifting skins for a new race, which means less time improving the existing ones. On that basis alone I'd rather it stay how it is

Yeah sorry, but the point still stand. Shaman can learn by themselve and we have plenty of example in WoW. But Druid are 99% of case introduced by a Druid mentor, guide, teacher. Of course we have NPC that are similar to druid, but so far all playble races that can be Druid are not "wild" druid, but they are all affiliated with Cenarius and Co.

So as i said, unless Blizzard let some race that can be Druid teach or introduce an Orc into the way on Druidism, it's unlikely we are gonna have Orc Druid.
    I didn't disagree with that part, you know. The differences between the two are just even bigger than you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Druids were never about balance of good and evil in the first place. They are about maintaining the balance of Nature, not morals.

Either way, the hotheaded Orcs don't really fit with them. Neither a connection to nature, nor the calm to learn it.
    Gee whiz , racist much ? There's been plenty of calm and reasonable Orcs, with Thrall being just one example. Who was also connected enough to the elements to substitute a Dragon Aspect of earth. You can't just label all orcs as Garroshes, and orc druids would make much more sense then Tauren Pallys, and we have those.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean like trolls or Tauren , their uber close allies ?

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

I remember when people got insanely triggered by female night elves being druids and now we're talking about orc druids...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nero Stormchester View Post
    Gee whiz , racist much ? There's been plenty of calm and reasonable Orcs, with Thrall being just one example. Who was also connected enough to the elements to substitute a Dragon Aspect of earth. You can't just label all orcs as Garroshes, and orc druids would make much more sense then Tauren Pallys, and we have those.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean like trolls or Tauren , their uber close allies ?
    Yeah. Let's be honest, if Blizzard want to do something, they will find a way, it's their game afterall, and i am not someone triggered by race/class combo. So far, for my point of view, like Tauren and Trolls, IF Druid Orc will be a thing, they must be introduced into druidism by a "high rank" druid, Hamuul cuold be an example.

Off topic, but, i think it's more likely a Priest Orc then a Druid Orc, but that's my subjective point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Stormchester View Post
    Calm and reasonable, right until they go into a blood rage. Orcs are on average more hotheaded than other races. Thrall is atypical. For that matter, Tauren Paladins are closer to Druids than Priests, lorewise.

Mostly likely if they ever add another druid race it will be Panda, since it aligns and they'd only have to make 1 set of racial forms instead of two (alliance, horde). Personally I'd love to see orc druids because orcs look the best in gear IMO, but I don't think it would fit lore wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Truecalling View Post
    Another druid race means more shapeshifting skins for a new race, which means less time improving the existing ones. On that basis alone I'd rather it stay how it is
    They've had 12 years to give us a better Moonkin model. The current one barely looks like it was ever updated to the old one
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Kluian05 View Post
    Personally I'd love to see orc druids because orcs look the best in gear IMO
    I see some problems with your idea here.