Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I havent done any painting in a while since im looking after my brothers huskies and they are losing their winter coats so its like trying to paint in a blizzard that doesnt melt right now but i did order some Idoneth deepkin. The more 'regal' looking ones seem a bit silly but the thralls and casters look rad and i really like their lore: Remade from the souls of elves eaten by slaanesh they are now cursed and their children are all stillborn with no souls. So they leave their homes on the sea floor and ride an aethersea up out the surf and through the air to coastal towns that are now moving like they are underwater. People cannot move fast, grass and trees move like seaweed in a current. The deepkin steal some people and drag them into the deep to steal their souls to keep their children alive and the worst part is after the attack the aethersea recedes and takes all memory of the attack with it. Only when traders come into town and ask where someone is do they notice the empty beds or people in photos who 'shouldnt be' and some villages can be farmed this way for centuries. Really creepy twist on the innsmouth idea of 'creatures from the sea need humans for their children' and much darker than age of sigmars usual comic bookey vibes.

So i picked em up and knew i couldnt put them in a grassy field and i am still too green to try resin water bases, though one day i hope to, and found this great tutorial using some texturepaint i snapped up cheap on amazon and ebay.

Hopefully in a couple of weeks my peace and quiet will be back and painting area dog hair free so i can try this myself. A creepy enemy like these walking up out the serf with floating schools of predatory fish swimming around them would look great. To say nothing of their fantastic shipwreck terrain piece.
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2018-05-17 at 10:34 PM.

First painting in a few months to shake the rust off, started with a new Idoneth Deepkin Tidecaster. lovely sculpt but i need to do some more highlighting but not until i get some new brushes. Tried the above video on the base and not much room to show it off here but on some test bases it looks much better and cant wait to paint my thralls.

- - - Updated - - -

Also a test for one of the bases for the thralls with more real estate. Looks super great for an easy effect of a shoreline. beats basing them on grass or dirt when they are a deep sea menace.

and the units to go with her. Picture sadly bleeds out the shading but im pretty happy with them. I've been used to small 4-6 model groups for skirmish games and havent bulk painted a box of warhammer in maybe 14 years? Either way i learnt some stuff and its a nice start to a deep sea elf force.

Painted up my big boss, never done and organic monster like this before and it was a learning experience. Now just 30 footsoliders and a giant shipwreck thats eaten up a whole pot of nihilak oxide already

10+ Year Old Account
    Man I love the Deepkin models, and yours look awesome! So much opportunity to do cool stuff with the bases - you could even do a goofy beach party themed squad.

I finished up my Verminlord on the weekend!

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Thats really cool, i just spent the day assemblling the soul wars box armies of snorecast and nighthaunts. most of them are 2 pieces and it makes me wonder how much of push fit GW is going towards. Easy for beginners but for conversions not great.

Them nighthaunts tho. Mortarch of Grief is so rad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Thats really cool, i just spent the day assemblling the soul wars box armies of snorecast and nighthaunts. most of them are 2 pieces and it makes me wonder how much of push fit GW is going towards. Easy for beginners but for conversions not great.

Them nighthaunts tho. Mortarch of Grief is so rad.
    I think they said something about going nearly entirely towards push-fit, which is really not a great move imo.

I just finished up some Tzaangors for ST last night too - it's been a productive few days.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Finished my whole Rail Crew for Malifaux, some of it a bit overdone and should know when to stop on metal but overall super happy with it.

Waiting on new brushes i decided to unwrap my first kill team box and try and paint them. Kind of regret it honestly but it was nice to paint 40k again for the first time since like 2002.

First thing i've painted in a while, trying to match the official paintjob on the weapons was bloody hard and the sword looks awful but on the tabletop the axe looks pretty nice.

I bought a basic starter Tau army for my birthday, been wanting to dabble in tabletop gaming for years. Honestly a little intimidated on putting them together and painting them, since I have the arts and crafts ability of a gorilla with palsy. Sort of leaning towards a purple and gold color scheme for them if I ever get around to doing it.

Here is some pictures of my Space Wolf Dreadnought army for a tournament this weekend.

From the back:
    Two Redemptor Dreadnoughts and a Contemptor Dreadnought
    Three Venerable Dreadnoughts, two with Fenrisian great axe and blizzard shield and one with 2x Twin Autocannons
    a Wulfen dreadnought with Great wolf claw and blizzard shield and Murderfang.
    five Cyberwolves split in to groups of two, two, one and Bjorn the Fell-handed.
    a Wolf lord with jump pack and thunder hammer and storm shield, Rune priest with jump pack and rune axe, Wolf lord with jump pack and wolf claws (pair) and a wolf guard battle leader with jump pack and thunder hammer and storm shield.

A few models I helped a friend finish up for the tournament
    Flash Git Kaptin

Big Mek with Shokk attack gun

Custom built Big Mek with Kustom force field

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    I bought a basic starter Tau army for my birthday, been wanting to dabble in tabletop gaming for years. Honestly a little intimidated on putting them together and painting them, since I have the arts and crafts ability of a gorilla with palsy. Sort of leaning towards a purple and gold color scheme for them if I ever get around to doing it.
    If you want some really basic tips on how to start building your Tau I would recommend this play list (I know it is Age of Sigmar but it is the basics of putting together a plastic model) https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...y4GWmq0QeXEsOq.

On that channel there is also loads of other guides, be it painting or creating stuff from green stuff. (All hail the mighty Duncan, thin your paints and two thin layers!)

FC - 2234-7580-4322
    Ingame - Mille
    DS name - Groggen

I like to paint random miniatures from all sorts

Wow, guys! Pure talent. Miniatures are so beautiful!

Welp GW got a new Warhammer skirmish game out so i gotta try it, the starter including a team of chaos big daddies certainly helped push me into it!

[IMG][/IMG]

starting a nighthaunt army in time for halloween and going for a forgotten graveyard look to them, just finished my first unit of Spirit hosts!

So I've been dying to start paint minis for a while now and thought I would start soon, probably take years until they look good though as I have no prior practise or skills.

Was thinking of doing a Flesh Tearers army lead by Gabriel Seth and focusing on assault squads and the Death Company as they have plenty of that with so many falling to the black rage and they are the smallest sucessor chapter with only 4 full companies probably a lot less since the Devestation of Baal.

Any ideas?

Love the minis in this thread btw great job.
    Do you hear the voices too?

I wanted to post mine, but I am not allowed to yet... But everyone's looks way better than mine. Its a lot harder than I thought...:/

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    So I've been dying to start paint minis for a while now and thought I would start soon, probably take years until they look good though as I have no prior practise or skills.

Was thinking of doing a Flesh Tearers army lead by Gabriel Seth and focusing on assault squads and the Death Company as they have plenty of that with so many falling to the black rage and they are the smallest sucessor chapter with only 4 full companies probably a lot less since the Devestation of Baal.

Any ideas?

Love the minis in this thread btw great job.
    I haven't touched 40k in a long time bar some necrons for kill team but if you are new to painting you can always look into the new contrast paints. I used one for the skeletons in my spirit hosts above. You put most over white, bone or grey primer and it acts like a basecoat, a wash and a highlight all at once and the iron golem warband i did above them was painted bronze with a single red contrast paint over the armour. Theres a lot of space marines where the practice for beginners is 'spray them silver then contrast paint them over that'.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I haven't touched 40k in a long time bar some necrons for kill team but if you are new to painting you can always look into the new contrast paints. I used one for the skeletons in my spirit hosts above. You put most over white, bone or grey primer and it acts like a basecoat, a wash and a highlight all at once and the iron golem warband i did above them was painted bronze with a single red contrast paint over the armour. Theres a lot of space marines where the practice for beginners is 'spray them silver then contrast paint them over that'.
    Alright thanks man will do, will watch a ton of guides and stuff and just keep on it until i get better

And with the Flesh Tearers i guess you just buy Blood Angel models and buy or paint you own Flesh Tearer chapter emblems?, in this case

I hope they have their own shoulders you can buy because as i said i have no painting skills and doing that on my own would look heretical to say the least haha

Nvm found these https://www.games-workshop.com/en-SE...-Shoulder-Pads that's one problem out of the way but when i get better i think it would be alot more fun to paint that too, ive seen a guy do those but hes been painting for years.

Btw how easy is it to just remove all paint from models and start over? because i have a feeling i would do that alot.

Oh and one more thing best place to buy models? GW, Forgeworld or some other place?
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2019-10-14 at 08:26 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?