Vengeance DPS priority with mo'args

Hi guys. My apologies if there's already a thread regarding this.

I'm a bit confused about which abilities I should be prioritizing in my rotation for various scenarios. I'm mostly tanking M+ right now. Currently running 3322231.

Munkky mentioned in a video that Mo'args is one of the best aoe dps legendaries, and I still have it from when I was havok spec. For typical m+ pulls of 4+ mobs should I be hitting throw glaive on CD? or mostly using frac/spirit bomb spam?

Thanks in advance

I have no idea why moarg is good for dps its useless.
    Kiljaeden likely does 5 percent.
    Cynidaria does 4.5 percent.
    No meaningful dps legendary other than this.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StillwellKR View Post
    I have no idea why moarg is good for dps its useless.
    Kiljaeden likely does 5 percent.
    Cynidaria does 4.5 percent.
    No meaningful dps legendary other than this.
    Mo'arg definitely isn't useless. Think of it this way - a pain-neutral GCD like Throw Glaive has a tradeoff of 6/7 Shear + 1/7 Soul Cleave, this is (302.4*6/7 + 1/7*594*n)% = (260+85n)% weapon damage on n targets. Throw Glaive on 3 targets with Mo'arg is 135*(1.5+1.5^2+1.5^3) = 962% weapon damage on 3 or more targets.

Solving for the breakpoint, we find that generating pain to Soul Cleave with only becomes worth using over Throw Glaive with the bracers at 9 targets (assuming that you don't lose Erupting Souls damage from spending GCDs on TG). We wouldn't use the bracers at very high target counts as the difference between Shear/Soul Cleave and Throw Glaive is reduced to the point that other legendaries become better, but for instance in the best case of 3-target cleave the bracers are the strongest legendary for DPS by a large margin.

@OP You use TG on CD as long as you wouldn't overcap pain. It does feel a bit awkward which is probably part of why the bracers aren't commonly used.
    Last edited by Veiled Shadow; 2017-05-25 at 11:23 PM.

Wow man thanks for the detailed response, I really appreciate it. For a typical 5+ mob pack would Soul Carver + spirit bomb spam yield more dps?

Quote Originally Posted by timjongil View Post
    Wow man thanks for the detailed response, I really appreciate it. For a typical 5+ mob pack would Soul Carver + spirit bomb spam yield more dps?
    With the new Spirit Bomb? Nothing beats the new spirit bomb, except a nerf bat
    Rawr

Even with the current Spirit Bomb of 3 targets damage overwhelms that of Throw Glaive w/ Moarg.
    Since physical damage is mitigated by little less than a half, or you could just check the tooltip for yourself.
    Also using Throw Glaive w/ Moarg to save soul fragments is definitely unreasonable move.
    So if you chose Spirit Bomb, no matter the condition is, equipping Moarg to boost TG dmg is a waste of legendary restrictions.
    If you do not use Spirit Bomb, then good luck with that.

Waste of dps, waste of GCD, waste self healing, waste of other RNG & procs.
    Only considerable when u have nothing but Moarg.
    Last edited by StillwellKR; 2017-05-26 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StillwellKR View Post
    Even with the current Spirit Bomb of 3 targets damage overwhelms that of Throw Glaive w/ Moarg.
    Since physical damage is mitigated by little less than a half, or you could just check the tooltip for yourself.
    Also using Throw Glaive w/ Moarg to save a soul fragments is definitely unreasonable move.
    So it you chose Spirit Bomb, no matter the condition is, equipping Moarg to boost TG dmg is a waste of legendary restrictions.
    If you do not use Spirit Bomb, then good luck with that.

Waste of dps, waste of GCD, waste self healing, waste of other RNG & procs.
    Only considerable when u have nothing but Moarg.
    This + veiled shadow post if you don't use spirit bomb in lower m+ for some reason.

Deleted
    Spam it on CD for packs if you do not need to use shear/soul cleave to build pain/fragments/heal. I outdps a lot of dps using Mo'args and a liberal use of Throw Glaive, been using it for months.

On skittish, it'll completely negate the affix thanks to TG threat generation. For speed runs, you'll be doing amazing DPS while running. There is no reason not to use it if survival is not a problem for you.

Edit - My standard M+ gear is Cinidaria/Mo'args, 4pc, Immortality Deck and Arcanocrystal. Crit build, 40% crit, 22% mastery, 11% vers.
    Last edited by mmocc57b6207a1; 2017-05-28 at 04:05 PM.