Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vkpush View Post
    Have the other legendaries buffed a talent tho? It might be like a demonic ring. You have a chance to get meta for 5-6 seconds (or increase the duration of meta).
    I think that would be too good. And yes, the resto shaman new legendary grants ascendance which is a talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Elennoko View Post
    How is it likely? The only new legendaries besides the ring are healer-only legendaries.
    Could be a coincidence, maybe not. Don't think they would release 1 extra legendary only for healers thought

Quote Originally Posted by chematus View Post
    Great, now we have two talens like "press once in 2 mins to get +x% damage", great class design, thx blizzard -_-
    What's the other one? Chaos blades and?

Quote Originally Posted by Addyizor View Post
    What's the other one? Chaos blades and?
    Nemesis. /10char

Does no one remember that Vers was our 2nd best stat in Emerald Nightmare? Haste was useless when we used demon blades in EN, it's useless when we use demon blades in NH, I don't care what the proc chance changes to, my guess is it will be Crit>>>>>>Vers>Haste/Mastery. No math to back it up, just basic logic and problem solving skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlosh View Post
    Does no one remember that Vers was our 2nd best stat in Emerald Nightmare? Haste was useless when we used demon blades in EN, it's useless when we use demon blades in NH, I don't care what the proc chance changes to, my guess is it will be Crit>>>>>>Vers>Haste/Mastery. No math to back it up, just basic logic and problem solving skills.
    Haste wasn't "trash", there was a treshold for it not becoming higher than 3 others. Once reached, yeah basically it felt behind. And it's always like this, our 4 stats are very very correlated. If you lack some, this is prolly the one to go, then the other one.
    Remember how we didn't have in EN with Versa era, the haste dependant toolkit we have now ?
    => The cap witll simply just be higher but in the end I guess it will be Crit > Haste / Versa > Mastery then near end gear Crit > Versa > Haste / Mastery

Quote Originally Posted by Deix-EU View Post
    Haste wasn't "trash", there was a treshold for it not becoming higher than 3 others. Once reached, yeah basically it felt behind. And it's always like this, our 4 stats are very very correlated. If you lack some, this is prolly the one to go, then the other one.
    Remember how we didn't have in EN with Versa era, the haste dependant toolkit we have now ?
    => The cap witll simply just be higher but in the end I guess it will be Crit > Haste / Versa > Mastery then near end gear Crit > Versa > Haste / Mastery
    Wait what? We didn't have any treshold for haste and neither we are haste dependant atm.
    No idea what you are preaching sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Achie View Post
    Wait what? We didn't have any treshold for haste and neither we are haste dependant atm.
    No idea what you are preaching sir.
    If you simmed with less than 13%~, Haste was ahead. Was my case at least, even with DB + Ring.

If you simmed with less than 13%~, Haste was ahead. Was my case at least, even with DB + Ring.
    There's never been a general rule or "threshold" when it comes to haste, just because it was ahead for you when you had under 13% doesn't make it a threshold for the majority of players.

Quote Originally Posted by vkpush View Post
    There's never been a general rule or "threshold" when it comes to haste, just because it was ahead for you when you had under 13% doesn't make it a threshold for the majority of players.
    Yeah obivously you had 40% crit + NH bonus tier in EN. Some of you need to realize Mastery came ahead BECAUSE of some changes + crit current value + tier. Haste was ahead for much every players, even top guilds DH got 15% haste + at first.
    Now we won't have tier around our "nearly" only skill that benefits it and now the burst one is getting away with it.
    Our stats will never be as accurately near as the soon future and I'm guessing the "treshold" will come again.
    I had a point where I had less than 9% haste and RNG over RNG loved it. ..
    Last edited by Deix-EU; 2017-05-21 at 05:14 PM.

This is the same for me, I wonder how many of you commenting that haste is trash actually sim your characters with values toggled on... :thinking:
    If you don't value haste to a certain point currently, then god help you and your dps in tomb.

For those of your saying Haste has no breakpoint, threshold or whatever you want to name it. You can't be serious really...

Haste for EVERY class has a plateau you'd want to reach. Regardless of what you may say, next patch you will need haste to a certain extend to fit an extra something within your Chaos Blade, Nemesis or whatnot.

Be it throw glaive, blade dance or an extra GCD or two. We haven't really shift out of the CD thing that devs want us to deviate from. Their fix was only so that we do not stack ONE secondary and cheese the whole DPS on top of Cinidaria where the remainder of your DPS is only worth 20% effort.

Break News! We will still depend on Metamorphosis, Nemesis or Chaos Blade to push our dps up. But it won't be a free fall gradient roller coaster anymore, but it is still nevertheless a rollercoaster.

I never once said versatility was trash, what I'm trying to convey is that haste is competing for that 2nd spot in the stat weight and put much more predictability in the rotation to even out the volatility of our critical refund which we will lose 10% reliability come 7.2.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamed View Post
    This is the same for me, I wonder how many of you commenting that haste is trash actually sim your characters with values toggled on... :thinking:
    If you don't value haste to a certain point currently, then god help you and your dps in tomb.
    Most of the discord community does this. Almost nobody gears for haste not even for a plateau or threshold even though most people end up with around 10% haste because of reasons.
    Haste will most likely be trash come ToS, some even suspect it may be Crit -> Vers -> Hast = Mast. This is all in the air however, until release that is. I really hope you are right and haste becomes relevant because I like the "feel" of haste but in the end if you want more dps you'll gear for top stats and not the feels.

Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxJeng View Post
    For those of your saying Haste has no breakpoint, threshold or whatever you want to name it. You can't be serious really...

Haste for EVERY class has a plateau you'd want to reach. Regardless of what you may say, next patch you will need haste to a certain extend to fit an extra something within your Chaos Blade, Nemesis or whatnot.

Be it throw glaive, blade dance or an extra GCD or two. We haven't really shift out of the CD thing that devs want us to deviate from. Their fix was only so that we do not stack ONE secondary and cheese the whole DPS on top of Cinidaria where the remainder of your DPS is only worth 20% effort.

Break News! We will still depend on Metamorphosis, Nemesis or Chaos Blade to push our dps up. But it won't be a free fall gradient roller coaster anymore, but it is still nevertheless a rollercoaster.

I never once said versatility was trash, what I'm trying to convey is that haste is competing for that 2nd spot in the stat weight and put much more predictability in the rotation to even out the volatility of our critical refund which we will lose 10% reliability come 7.2.5.
    I agree with the last paragraph. Hopefully it becomes less RNG and more stable dps (even on CD windows). Although haste doesn't affect significantly our fury regeneration.

Point is, that "extra CD" window you want to achieve on CB is 1) already achieved or 2) requiring THOUSANDS of haste points in order to achieve. This is even less significant on the new CB because it is longer and thus less important to get that extra anhi/BD since they lose value in comparison to pre-patch.

All in all we'll have to wait and see how our general values look like and even more our personal values in sim.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    Nemesis. /10char
    Ayy true, never even thought about that one.

Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxJeng View Post

if all three stats are mediocre, it isnt really a win for haste, but loss for us. and other classes, like retris, have important breakpoints, because they are basically GCD locked, we arent, we are resource locked and some obscure CB breakpoints for like 4 deathsweeps are either easily achievable with BL or extremely out of reach without it, do you see people gearing towards 7 death sweep metas with BL now? if not, then the similar will apply after the patch

Quote Originally Posted by Achie View Post
    Most of the discord community does this. Almost nobody gears for haste not even for a plateau or threshold even though most people end up with around 10% haste because of reasons.
    Haste will most likely be trash come ToS, some even suspect it may be Crit -> Vers -> Hast = Mast. This is all in the air however, until release that is. I really hope you are right and haste becomes relevant because I like the "feel" of haste but in the end if you want more dps you'll gear for top stats and not the feels.
    This has nothing to do with "feels", like right now in the current game. My Demon Hunter is 915, I am 10/10M and my sim currently has haste valued ABOVE agility along with mastery and then crit by a long way. Versatility is still far below Agility. I don't understand why you are refusing to believe haste is not valuable. It has nothing to do with feels, it is results, weightings and values from thousands of sims...
    Like I mean you can keep believing there is no haste required to reach maximum dps potential, but I would love to see some log results of this... Because currently I am parsing quite well with 13% haste, 41% crit and 33% mast.

This has nothing to do with "feels", like right now in the current game. My Demon Hunter is 915, I am 10/10M and my sim currently has haste valued ABOVE agility along with mastery and then crit by a long way. Versatility is still far below Agility. I don't understand why you are refusing to believe haste is not valuable. It has nothing to do with feels, it is results, weightings and values from thousands of sims...
    Like I mean you can keep believing there is no haste required to reach maximum dps potential, but I would love to see some log results of this... Because currently I am parsing quite well with 13% haste, 41% crit and 33% mast.
    I put on 11% haste and simmed myself with latest PTR-build and this was the result (i'm also 10/10 mythic if that matters, 911 ilvl tho). https://gyazo.com/4ec3b8961e4a39dbc6b1c273cd82552b

I've never had more than 9% haste and have NEVER had haste sim ahead of ANY stat.

- - - Updated - - -

Provide, an Armory, or logs and someone might believe you, but all you've done is say "I did this and got this result" well I took a dump earlier and got a quarter pound of pure 24k gold out of my ass, no I wont provide proof, and yes Ill basically tell you stupid things like "It has nothing to do with feels, it is results, weightings and values from thousands of sims...
    Like I mean you can keep believing there is no haste required to reach maximum dps potential, but I would love to see some log results of this... Because currently I am parsing quite well with 13% haste, 41% crit and 33% mast" but to argue my point, but I'll never produce any proof. See your problem yet? No one has yet to show a single sim putting haste into even a viable weighting to stack it over something else.

Let's be honest here is anyone even satisfied with these changes?

We're still going to play the same practically.

This feels like less of a change and more of the same.

Stormblood anyone?

Deleted
    Would love to see your sim results.

Also, no one says that Haste is not vauable at all. Of course it has a value that is as high as/higher than Versa/agility on high levels of gear, but there never has been a "cap" of any kind for it and it is not even close to being as good as Mastery/Crit.
    Last edited by mmoc8b94713eb4; 2017-05-24 at 04:41 AM.

The only sort of breakpoints haste would ever have for us are the following:

1) when using first blood getting another death sweep in chaos blades (11%ish) (mostly obsolete right now because CC is better)
    2) fitting another GCD in chaos blades (don't think this was really doable)

Pretending that haste has a massive impact on fury gen is feelycraft regardless of what the guy says. The haste impact on fury gen will be the same with the next patch as it is right now. Nothing changes that would change this. He is confusing a lack of value for agility with haste being important.
    Last edited by Occar; 2017-05-24 at 02:37 PM.