Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The only use for Ring is m+ sadly.
    At least Liadrins Red River Ring is strong and reliable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    I don't have the ring so I can't test it myself, but I'm really curious about the PPM with the ring as well. It'd probably be too much trouble, but a video would be cool.
    It's the same as crusade. Average of 2 or so. Sometimes you get more than 2, but i don't think i've had more than 4.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    It's up to preferance. It isn't unviable at all. ST it is curretly 10k or so behind liadrin's, but if you can cleave/AoE stuff it will come out way ahead.

Actually, you just have to look at the top 100 in Goroth mythic to see that both rings are seeing use. Same with the cape.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...ec=Retribution

Sadest thing about ring, it is majorly affected by whats the ilvl of your set/sets... I cant wear mine because best case scenario i drop 4 ilvls and have only 18% haste and a whopping 30%Mastery... I wish blizz didnt put Mastery on our sets ������

Madness will consume you!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by killwithpwr View Post
    I wish blizz didnt put Mastery on our sets ������
    Gotta agree here; the itemisation of our tier set is rather horrible.
    Especially if you also take the off-set items into the equasion.

It's probably how they are trying to funnel us into getting off-set pieces from M+... :/
    I don't think i'll reach over 30% haste within this tier again.

Quote Originally Posted by killwithpwr View Post
    Sadest thing about ring, it is majorly affected by whats the ilvl of your set/sets... I cant wear mine because best case scenario i drop 4 ilvls and have only 18% haste and a whopping 30%Mastery... I wish blizz didnt put Mastery on our sets ������
    The tier mastery is whatever, we can pretty much work around it, it's the non-set slots that generally have more mastery in ToS than NH, unfortunately. Mastery on a ring or necklace is not ideal for Ret.

I'm 5/9 mythic and use the ring, so not sure that I agree with you there. It sims 1% below Liadrin's for me, but being able to heal myself to full in a global with TV, or raid heal with a WoG, or dump a TV or two at low crusade stacks to stack fast, or get some lucky procs when adds spawn and spam DS makes it feel pretty worth.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...=1&subregion=1

^It can't be all that bad.

edit: The downside of Liadrin's is that a few of those HP will almost certainly be wasted. Similarly with the cloak, there'll be plenty of times you miss the buff by 0.1 seconds. It's impossible to "waste" a DP proc though". The only thing Liadrin's has going for it is an amazing stat line.
    Last edited by Wutangrza; 2017-07-11 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wutangrza View Post
    I'm 5/9 mythic and use the ring, so not sure that I agree with you there.
    And this proves your point exactly how?

Deleted
    Ignore that part. The point is both rings are viable. Use the one you like the best (or the cape).

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Ignore that part. The point is both rings are viable. Use the one you like the best (or the cape).
    use a reliable boost to our dps or equip another rng roll with bad itemization... WHAT A DIFFICULT CHOICE.

Well, the link was more the supporting evidence I was trying to offer. I got a rank 1 US parse with it, so it's not like it's just "not viable outside of M+."

At the end of the day, practical fights aren't equivalent to sims, though obviously sims are useful. In a sim, you waste zero of the HP generated by Liadrin's, but in practice you're probably missing 2-3 per crusade. That, combined with the fact that it only sims 1% higher, also combined with the added utility of

1. Instant heals for yourself for 1m+ with JV procs (super useful on progression)

2. Fast stacking Crusade occasionally (if your first TV procs and you JV you're instantly at 9 stacks, and the faster you can stack crusade the better).

3. 2.5m free raid heals with WoG if you choose to spec that (super useful on progression, spirit realm Mythic Desolate Host as an example).

Basically, I look at Liadrin's like I look at the cloak. Both are going to perform at least slightly worse in practice than in sims if you're simming 0 ms ping and 100% player skill because with the cloak you're going to miss a few TV's with the buff by like 0.1s, and with Liadrin's you're going to waste a few HP per crusade. It's impossible to "waste" a DP proc, you just keep firing.

Deleted
    Well, the link was more the supporting evidence I was trying to offer. I got a rank 1 US parse with it, so it's not like it's just "not viable outside of M+."

At the end of the day, practical fights aren't equivalent to sims, though obviously sims are useful. In a sim, you waste zero of the HP generated by Liadrin's, but in practice you're probably missing 2-3 per crusade. That, combined with the fact that it only sims 1% higher, also combined with the added utility of

1. Instant heals for yourself for 1m+ with JV procs (super useful on progression)

2. Fast stacking Crusade occasionally (if your first TV procs and you JV you're instantly at 9 stacks, and the faster you can stack crusade the better).

3. 2.5m free raid heals with WoG if you choose to spec that (super useful on progression, spirit realm Mythic Desolate Host as an example).

Basically, I look at Liadrin's like I look at the cloak. Both are going to perform at least slightly worse in practice than in sims if you're simming 0 ms ping and 100% player skill because with the cloak you're going to miss a few TV's with the buff by like 0.1s, and with Liadrin's you're going to waste a few HP per crusade. It's impossible to "waste" a DP proc, you just keep firing.
    I'm in total agreement. Besides it beeing bigger DPS if you can add more targets to the fight. The ability to shoot more DS's while those targets are alive, makes it come ahead. There aren't many pure ST fights.

I'm 5/9 mythic and use the ring, so not sure that I agree with you there. It sims 1% below Liadrin's for me, but being able to heal myself to full in a global with TV, or raid heal with a WoG, or dump a TV or two at low crusade stacks to stack fast, or get some lucky procs when adds spawn and spam DS makes it feel pretty worth.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...=1&subregion=1

^It can't be all that bad.

edit: The downside of Liadrin's is that a few of those HP will almost certainly be wasted. Similarly with the cloak, there'll be plenty of times you miss the buff by 0.1 seconds. It's impossible to "waste" a DP proc though". The only thing Liadrin's has going for it is an amazing stat line.
    One of the most interesting things here, at least for me, is your parse was in the 99th percentile, yet you were beaten by an arms warrior who parsed at 82%.

Class balance yo.

All that being said its nice to see the Ring getting some use I got excited when I first saw it then started seeing the sims and got a little discouraged.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalamian View Post
    One of the most interesting things here, at least for me, is your parse was in the 99th percentile, yet you were beaten by an arms warrior who parsed at 82%.

Class balance yo.

All that being said its nice to see the Ring getting some use I got excited when I first saw it then started seeing the sims and got a little discouraged.
    Sisters is apparently my fight: Got rank 1 world tonight on heroic and was also using Soul, though I forgot to equip my specters

Didn't really do anything special other than someone died during a hero'd crusade with old war lol.

Deleted
    It all depends on Setup. Liadrin is stronger if you have BIS relicts and CoF and vice versa.

Sisters is apparently my fight: Got rank 1 world tonight on heroic and was also using Soul, though I forgot to equip my specters

Didn't really do anything special other than someone died during a hero'd crusade with old war lol.
    Wow that's the dream right there, hopefully it wasn't anybody important

Quote Originally Posted by Dalamian View Post
    Wow that's the dream right there, hopefully it wasn't anybody important
    My guild has made the joke that we usually bring along a "sacrifice" for me I'm really wanting to get this ring just to try it out

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    So I got soul finally (yay me!) and I am thinking of using it with belt. Should I pick JV? I really wonder if JV would be worth using on stunned adds on DP procs over an extra DS.
    Even using JV just with DP procs could only help you really, because Eye for an Eye doesn't have as much use as it did in NH and Word of Glory is okayish but not much of a loss. JV is a decent self-heal and on the chance you get a DP proc at the beginning of crusade, doesn't hurt to have that faster stacking. Not sure on JV vs DS though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I rarely need the self heals tbh and I am fairly certain TV does more damage. Only if you get it as a proc in the first 5 seconds of Crusade I guess. I was more specific about situations like the Ichors in Desolate host; I can hit a stunned mob for double JC damage but that means not using a DS that could hit 5+ targets. I assume the DS is still more damage.
    JV and TV do about the same damage, unless you're using TV relics or Whisper. Divine Storm is still more damage at 4+ targets even with a stunned mob iirc. But if it's 3 or less targets being hit, I'm pretty sure JV will win out on a stunned mob. That's assuming you're using it with a DP proc though.

JV hits for about 10% less than a TV because it doesn't echo, but it's still worth using with DP procs if it's early on in crusade, or if you need the heals (definitely doesn't hurt in mythic progression)

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    JV and TV do about the same damage, unless you're using TV relics or Whisper. Divine Storm is still more damage at 4+ targets even with a stunned mob iirc. But if it's 3 or less targets being hit, I'm pretty sure JV will win out on a stunned mob. That's assuming you're using it with a DP proc though.
    Wrong. JV does less damage. Final Verdict, Echo Golden Trait do not affect it.