Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Obese guy:

Let's now find someone who will dare say this to his face.

Some MMA fighter would say that to his face, and than literally dislocate his neck, if he wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    I know this 'obese' woman who swims 2.5km every morning. Yes, you absolutely can be healthy at EVERY size. Weight is a poor indicator of someone's general well-being.
    Having a body fat percentage over 15% increases your risk of developing diabetes, cancer, strokes and heart disease. Most people are over this percentage and those who are dramatically over it are the most likely to develop those diseases. Just having excess body fat on you makes you unhealthy.

Nice signature by the way. That's my favorite BSG quote.

There needs to be a big change where we quit pretending there isn't a spectrum to this, and that the vast majority of people with a larger BMI are unattractive, unhealthy, and generally a burden to anyone who has ever had the displeasure of helping to pick up and move them around, while at the same time recognizing that 5'7" women who weigh 160 lbs are not grossly overweight hippos that need liposuction immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    So overweight NFL Defensive players are unfit .. Yeah Right !
    Well if your goal with your body is to Block guys or tackle guys a few yards in front of you, its not a bad body type, keep in mind the pads often don't exactly match the bigger dudes in the NFL's body types as well as the less large players.

If your goal is to live a long and healthy life free of joint replacements, concussions, and heart disease, any position in the NFL is probably not a good idea, and especially not any of the men in those pictures.

Sumo Wrestler "Dump Truck" Konishiki.

Was 287kg , 632lbs and kicked butt in the Sumo ring

He is still alive and is 53 years old
    Most sumo wrestlers don't live past their mid 60s and their diet consists of almost nothing but chankonabe which is designed to do nothing but make you gain as much weight as possible. That's not exactly a good example of fitness.

Deleted
    You can absolutely be healthy at every size, that is, being healthy is not about your dress/jean size. HAEZ is a therapeutic and sustainable health approach that is much more healthier than yo-yo dieting and the unhappiness and self-hate that it leads to as well as the potential to spiral into an eating-disorder/mental health patient. HAEZ is a holistic approach that promotes the idea that you can adopt healthy lifestyle habits regardless of how much you weigh and just like you can be healthy and overweight. What do you call overweight people who exercise and diet in a bid to shed the pounds? Are they unhealthy? My answer: no.

HAEZ fulfills your social and emotional needs thereby restoring food to its rightful place as a source of nourishment and pleasure, and nothing more. Humans come in different shapes and sizes leading to body diversity in society no two people have the same body shape HAEZ uses this body shape spectrum and support others in recognizing their unique attractiveness. This approach does not focus on weight loss as the sole indicator of health or encourage self-destructive abandon in one’s eating. What I see is a weight-neutral approach and an opportunity to explore a more intuitive relationship with food, engaging in pleasant physical activity, and self/ size acceptance. It couldn't hurt!
    You can keep repeating "YOU CAN BE FAT AND HEALTHY" as much as you want, it won't make it right. Fat is unhealthy. This is a fact, this isn't even an argument. It strains your organs and puts unnecessary weight on your joints

I love it how everything is "either X or Y" to you. No, you shouldn't yo-yo diet. You should never diet to begin with, you should change your eating habits and eat at good maintenance. That's not a diet, that's a change of habits. You start by a small calorie deficit and over time as your weight goes down, you increase it. You track your micro and macro nutrients. When you're at a good weight, you start eating in maintenance. Good job you're now healthy not only thanks to the food you eat, but because how much of it you eat, as in you're not fat. That's literally how easy it is to lose weight, become healthy, become happy. The delusion in you is extremely strong. Weight isn't neutral, we shouldn't treat it as if it was

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think you've completely misunderstood the point of 'fat-acceptance' and the healthy message that is being promoted by the HAEZ movement. HAEZ promotes the idea that you can be healthy at every size by adopting healthy behaviours, including physical exercise and dieting, but first and foremost HAEZ breeds a message of self-acceptance and respect. Respect is important regardless of size and body diversity should be accepted in society because people come in different shapes and sizes - there's no one size fits all. Thin obsession has results in body preoccupation, self-hatred, eating disorders and even ironically poor health... Few of us are at peace with our bodies, whether because we're fat or because we fear becoming fat. HAEZ shifts the focus in health management from weight loss to a weight-neutral approach in individuals thereby avoiding said issues and promoting a happier and healthier lifestyle.
    Being happy with the body you are born with is an important idea to foster.
    Being able to love yourself even if you are overweight (ie fatter than you should be given the body you have) is an important idea to foster.
    Convincing yourself that being overweight is not a problem that you should work to overcome is retarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine
    Just posting this before Tennisface wakes up.
    Sigh. Could we please just relocate the multiple fat threads to http://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/3...ts-amp-Fitness?

Edit:

This makes three on the first page alone.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...BodyAcepptance
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...obese-patients
    Last edited by shadowmouse; 2017-05-17 at 10:05 AM.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhenan View Post
    If you're able to do any work outs daily like a person at a normal weight can do, doesn't that mean you're fit? Is being fit directly related to your amount of bodily fat?
    It should be more specific when the title says "fit"

I'm over weight, my blood pressure is completely fine (it gets checked regularly) but yes I'd be more prone to cardiac diseases because of it.

But if we're talking about fit fit, the no it's wrong. I don't train as much this year, but I regularly trained martial arts and regularly go to the gym. I'm a black belt, I run my own classes and my endurance lasts nearly everyone I know,

My problem is I like my beer, so none of the weight shifts

7+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dismembered View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by shrunken View Post
    fat people are gross, an eyesore, and their condition is a risk to themselves and affordability of socialized medical care.
    I wonder what makesm e believe you're skinny, out of shape and eat unhealthy.

Before we all post and argue we need to let Tennisace weigh in first, his/her opinion of such a excessively large issue is one we can heavily rely on. So before this topic gets big and has a gargantuan amount of replies i suggest we wait for Tenns on the weighty opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    I wonder what makesm e believe you're skinny, out of shape and eat unhealthy.
    No need to be defensive. This is just the MMO-C general off-topic forums friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    Well if your goal with your body is to Block guys or tackle guys a few yards in front of you, its not a bad body type, keep in mind the pads often don't exactly match the bigger dudes in the NFL's body types as well as the less large players.

If your goal is to live a long and healthy life free of joint replacements, concussions, and heart disease, any position in the NFL is probably not a good idea, and especially not any of the men in those pictures.
    That just means that the game of football itself is dangerous, not that any of the players are inherently unhealthy. If any NFL linemen just trained the same way they do now but didn't take the weekly beating in games, they probably would be considered much healthier than the average person. There's more to playing football than just being a fat turd who takes up a lot of space, as there have been plenty of big guys who looked the part but failed miserably.

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    Sigh. Could we please just relocate the multiple fat threads to http://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/3...ts-amp-Fitness?

Edit:

This makes three on the first page alone.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...BodyAcepptance
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...obese-patients
    Fat threads take up much space? Only fitting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    It depends on what you mean by "fat". I've seen pictures of people considered "plus size" that, while not extremely skinny, were definitely not "fat" by any means. There are certain people and publications that will call someone fat if they don't look like a twig. If you mean obese, then yes, it's impossible to be healthy and obese.

Apparently this is considered "fat" nowadays:

Ill tell you even more, it is possible that a skinny person is very fat and at high risk from the inside.

Quote Originally Posted by shrunken View Post
    fat people are gross, an eyesore, and their condition is a risk to themselves and affordability of socialized medical care.
    Question...Do you smoke? And if not do you have the same vitriolic disdain for smokers?

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    So overweight NFL Defensive players are unfit .. Yeah Right !
    It's a grey area, they are surprisingly fit for fat men, but they are also quite unfit for a guy their height.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can absolutely be healthy at every size, that is, being healthy is not about your dress/jean size. HAEZ is a therapeutic and sustainable health approach that is much more healthier than yo-yo dieting and the unhappiness and self-hate that it leads to as well as the potential to spiral into an eating-disorder/mental health patient. HAEZ is a holistic approach that promotes the idea that you can adopt healthy lifestyle habits regardless of how much you weigh and just like you can be healthy and overweight. What do you call overweight people who exercise and diet in a bid to shed the pounds? Are they unhealthy? My answer: no.

HAEZ fulfills your social and emotional needs thereby restoring food to its rightful place as a source of nourishment and pleasure, and nothing more. Humans come in different shapes and sizes leading to body diversity in society no two people have the same body shape HAEZ uses this body shape spectrum and support others in recognizing their unique attractiveness. This approach does not focus on weight loss as the sole indicator of health or encourage self-destructive abandon in one’s eating. What I see is a weight-neutral approach and an opportunity to explore a more intuitive relationship with food, engaging in pleasant physical activity, and self/ size acceptance. It couldn't hurt!
    We should always preach that people should be happy with themselves and who they are, but they must also work to better themselves (everyone should, really). You can have a healthy lifestyle, but if you are overweight, then your -body- is unhealthy. Weight is a factor, and people should have a healthy lifestyle regardless of that weight, but you can't say that being overweight is not an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by ingsve View Post
    Question...Do you smoke? And if not do you have the same vitriolic disdain for smokers?
    No, and yes. Naturally.

Hell, more disdain if anything. At least some fat people are battling genetic predisposition, even if the majority are just little piglets with no self control.
    Last edited by shrunken; 2017-05-17 at 10:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.