Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    Give me the same head-turn/HUH? reaction as if someone said they wanted to make a kid-friendly version of "Handmaiden's Tale' or "Schlindler's List." =D

But good luck Netflix! Kid shows about good guys killing monsters with magic are still fun.
    So the Boy in the Striped Pyjamas? Kids media can touch on some super dark stuff, it covers a large range of ages and development stages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Haven't tried the games, but can't escape that w3 is super popular, will they do a w4 ??
    Apparently CDP started recruitment for "open world RPG" recently, but the setting is unknown. Could be a big DLC for Cyberpunk, could be a new IP, could be W4.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    W3 is on sale pretty often, put in on your wishlist to get it for a tenner. However, well worth even full price. Console versions get a remaster later this or probably more next year. PC version has HD texture mods already.
    Oh, it seems I have it, all 3 even, I'm a bit of a completionist sometimes, in odd ways (I have loads of books n bookshelves, I might have read as much as 5%, if that)...must have gotten them really cheap on one of those pre-christmas sales, i see the command n conquer rts is on 50% now, hopefully lower before xmas

Mechagnome
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    So the Boy in the Striped Pyjamas? Kids media can touch on some super dark stuff, it covers a large range of ages and development stages.
    I'd comment except I have no idea what you are referencing - sorry. Never heard of it.

But while I agree on the rest of what you said (kids media can be dark - large range of ages etc) - I'm just balancing the odds of what Netflix is going to want to make (something least offensive/most watchable to widest range of ages) vs. how 'dark' that /usually/ ends up being for 'family friendly' fare.

But as a child who watched the animated "Watership Down" an unknown number of times before the age of 7 - I do get that kids can enjoy and be mature enough for dark things. I was all into the dark things (still am). (Ending of the 80s My Little Pony Movie anyone? =D) But I also get that isn't usually what Hollywood Types are thinking of/going for when they are making 'kid friendly' tv shows.

Not saying it won't be good or even awesome. Just struck me as a...more difficult/complicated IP to do this with successfully - thus a more 'huh well that's an interesting idea to pursue' when it comes to tv writing. (We shall see if they pull it off with any success or not.)
    Last edited by Koriani; 2021-10-06 at 05:27 PM.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

"gentlemen, it's been an honor" awww...

Sorry about the god-awful trailer music from hell...you should go listen to something good to detox that shit..
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2021-10-29 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    "gentlemen, it's been an honor" awww...

Sorry about the god-awful trailer music from hell...you should go listen to something good to detox that shit..
    What's up with the hip hop music in that trailer? Expecting a Geralt rap harking back to the Zelda rap days lol.

Proof is boring. Proof is tiresome. Proof is irrelevance. People would rather be handed an easy lie than search for a difficult truth, especially when it suits their own purpose.
    - Glokta
    The Last Argument of Kings, The First Law Trilogy.

Music aside, it does make me excited for S2.

New trailer looks pretty good. Hopefully they don’t do weird time jumps this time.
    Fairy tales are more than true–not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman