Page 96 of 146 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    "gentlemen, it's been an honor" awww...

Sorry about the god-awful trailer music from hell...you should go listen to something good to detox that shit..
    What's up with the hip hop music in that trailer? Expecting a Geralt rap harking back to the Zelda rap days lol.

I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Music aside, it does make me excited for S2.

5+ Year Old Account
    Came out today! Watching ep.1 while making some burgers.. the winter cinematography is beautiful!

Ciri no longer a little girl...I can see why james cameron shot all the scenes of the kids for his avatar 2,3,4 already to have it done..

Nivellen was very, very good, glad to see the big ginger from game of thrones again although in beast mode

seen ep1 now...holy shit the production quality is much, much better! and the music once it ends! oh my!

- - - Updated - - -

this gives me faith for the rest of the season when the writer is thrilled..

The Witcher Season 2 Praised By Books Author

https://screenrant.com/witcher-seaso...view-reaction/
    BY JOSH PLAINSE - 3 DAYS AGO

Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski praises the team behind season 2 of The Witcher for their work adapting his books. Based on Sapkowski’s stories, Netflix's The Witcher debuted its first season back in late 2019 and quickly became one of the streamer’s most popular properties. Assuming the fantasy series would resonate with both fans of the source material (and video games), Netflix renewed The Witcher for another season even before that debut. Now, season 2 is set to release later this week on December 17.

Adapting Sapkowski’s The Last Wish, season 1 introduced audiences to Henry Cavill’s Geralt of Rivia, the witcher who travels the Continent slaying monsters in exchange for coin. While the book focused primarily on Geralt, the series used a non-linear narrative to put Yennefer of Vengerberg (Anya Chalotra) and Ciri of Cintra (Freya Allan) on a level playing field with its titular character. At the end of season 1, all three timelines officially converged with Geralt finding Ciri and Yennefer becoming a prisoner of Nilfgaard. In addition to returning cast members Anna Shaffer (Triss), Joey Batey (Jaskier), and MyAnna Buring (Tissaia), season 2 will feature a slew of new witchers in Kim Bodnia, Yasen Atour, Paul Bullion, and Basil Eidenbenz.

Now, The Witcher’s official Twitter account has shared what is perhaps the most important early review of the series’ second season. Praising showrunner Lauren S. Hissirch, author and creator Sapkowski says he watched season 2 with great joy and can’t wait for season 3. Read what he had to say below:

Where season 1 is pulled from The Last Wish, season 2 will begin to adapt Blood of Elves, taking Geralt and Ciri to Kaer Morhen, the old fortress where witchers are trained. As Geralt steps into a mentor role, the pair will meet his mentor/father figure, Vesemir (Bodnia), whose origin was was explored in the anime film, The Witcher: Nightmare of the Wolf. On top of Nightmare of the Wolf, The Witcher’s success has inspired a live-action prequel series entitled The Witcher: Blood Origin, family-friendly series, and, of course, an already-confirmed season 3 of the flagship series.

To quote Sapkowski, “adapting [his] books is not an easy task.” His books are comprised of short stories that often only alluded to/referenced events taking place in the larger world. The Witcher has done an admirable job of depicting events that weren’t in the books and creating a cohesive narrative. In season 2, the narrative will be even more linear, feature new locations, and adapt one last story from The Last Wish before heading to Kaer Morhen. Season 2 episode 1, “A Grain of Truth,” will introduce Nivellen (Kristofer Hivju), a gang leader who is cursed to become a “monster in a monster’s skin.” Being a darker take on Beauty and the Beast, “A Grain of Truth” perhaps best exemplifies Sapkowski’s world, which fans can’t wait to spend more time in.
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2021-12-17 at 08:41 PM.

I really don't understand why Yennifer has an issue with killing that dude. Like you literally burned half his soldiers to death, who cares about this guy.

5+ Year Old Account
    Have only seen ep.1 so dunno, I think I'll wait until I visit mom n see at her big screen tv the rest...seems a shame to see this season on my computer screen..maybe i'll see this with siblings at christmas.. I have always wanted to buy a tv but i'll wait until those 8k ones go down in price (yes I know, won't be 8k content for a long while, but i still want it)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    New trailer looks pretty good. Hopefully they don’t do weird time jumps this time.
    I hope they do.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Just finished binge watching the new season. Loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I really don't understand why Yennifer has an issue with killing that dude. Like you literally burned half his soldiers to death, who cares about this guy.
    I think it has to do with the distrust that she feels from the Brotherhood. Why do their bidding when she's just going to be targeted again by mister "hates elves and kills little girls because of a prophecy?" And wouldn't killing him be the obvious thing to do? Why would that get the Brotherhood's trust?

Dead Mods,

I think it's time to change the thread title from "The Witcher is getting a Netflix series"

Binged watched it all yesterday, really enjoyed it.

Always in 2 minds with shows releasing one episode per week vs all at once.

I like analysing each episode of each show I really like, and I don't get that when I binge watch. On the other hand, I hate waiting a week for the next episode.

Now I am going to try and not install the W3 again.

Checked a reddit post and I see book fans are angry, it appears they changed quite a bit. Doesn't bother me as I have no idea either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shout-out to my friend Kristoffer Hivju for being 100% recognizable even as a swine ������
    Hi

Also binge watched season 2. And... well, it's a mixed bag. On the plus side it was much easier to follow than season 1, and it felt more polished and a better show overall, albeit with some clumsy dialogue here and there. The cinematography and CGI were very good.

But if you read the books and were expecting at least an attempt at a faithful retelling... oh boy. They really did some of these characters dirty and made significant changes to most of the story. Vilgefortz is a shadow of his book self, which has implications for something that's meant to happen later in the story. Vessemir would never have done what he did in the show. Voleth Meir is an invention of the show, as are most of the major things that happened at Kaer Morhan. Yennefer's magic storyline never happened. I could go on but it would be difficult without spoiling it. And don't get me started on some of those casting decisions, holy shit.

None of that is really objectively bad in terms of the show as an entity in its own right, it's just different to the books. But it does go against what the showrunner said they would do.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Also binge watched season 2. And... well, it's a mixed bag. On the plus side it was much easier to follow than season 1, and it felt more polished and a better show overall, albeit with some clumsy dialogue here and there. The cinematography and CGI were very good.

But if you read the books and were expecting at least an attempt at a faithful retelling... oh boy. They really did some of these characters dirty and made significant changes to most of the story. Vilgefortz is a shadow of his book self, which has implications for something that's meant to happen later in the story. Vessemir would never have done what he did in the show. Voleth Meir is an invention of the show, as are most of the major things that happened at Kaer Morhan. Yennefer's magic storyline never happened. I could go on but it would be difficult without spoiling it. And don't get me started on some of those casting decisions, holy shit.

None of that is really objectively bad in terms of the show as an entity in its own right, it's just different to the books. But it does go against what the showrunner said they would do.
    Still entertaining. Though story as usual remains weak. It slowed down and meandered through nonsense from episode 3 to 8. Production value is decent. CGI not so bad. RIP many witchers.

binged it over the weekend and was fairly entertained.
    i never read the books and barely played any of the games, so i dont know how faithful the adaptation is, but as a tv show it worked pretty well.

i have some minor gripes, like not enough jaskier, but i enjoyed my time with seasons 2. looking forward to season 3

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm broken today because I "just had to watch one more episode" at 1am
    My favorite fantasy TV show. By far. Sits besides The Expanse and The X Files as my favorite tv shows of all time.

I'm gonna substract 2 points from w/e I end up rating this season just for the way they fucked Eskel like that and ass-pulling even more stuff for Yen screentime.

10+ Year Old Account

Can someone tell me what this is? lol
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Can someone tell me what this is? lol
    Witcher prequel, story taking place during Conjunction of the Spheres, when humans came to this world or however will they change that.

10+ Year Old Account
    watched it over the weekend, it was allright, but man the writers did eskel dirty in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post
    I'm gonna substract 2 points from w/e I end up rating this season just for the way they fucked Eskel like that and ass-pulling even more stuff for Yen screentime.
    eskel is a totally irrelevant character in the books though, so he hardly matters. they could have made him a donkey and the story would not be impacted lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The author disagrees with your take.
    I didn't give 'a take', I said quite a few different things. What specifically does he disagree with?