Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Holy Paladin New Legendaries

Well Head and Ring. Lets discuss about these legendaries. Head seems good, but do we need wings at random times? I mean there is chance to proc it and we dont know when will it proc, so I think head is not useful. Ring seems very good. Our new tier set buffs LoD and with Divine Purpose is really cool. But still Im not sure about it. So which legendaries do you think to use at 7.2.5?

My Legendary combination would be;

Ilterendi+ New Ring Legendary at AoE damage taking fights like Krosus, Chronomatic..
    Ilterendi + Prydaz at progress bosses like elisande, augur, aluriel, trillax

Well dunno about you, but that headpiece seems OP as fuck if its proc rate is halfway decent, even if the duration is something very conservative like 5 seconds ( so 2 or 3 casts of something), one would assume its still affected by sanctified wrath.

This means that with a ~4 second ish cd on holy shock during AW, theres the very real possibility that you might be able to reproc the mini AW DURING a mini AW window. Remember that during AW you are getting a +20% crit chance, even in my meh gear with around 30% crit natively, that's still autocrits on HS, which means more chances at proccing the thing. I mean hell, you might even just find that during a normal AW holy shock crits can just extend the duration, again, extremely strong.

Not 100% sure about the ring, however as some people have mentioned it would work well with our tier 20 reducing the CD on LoD and with our tier 1 talent Crusaders might also reducing the CD.

The helmet might make crusaders might even better as well. More holy shocks=more AW procs.

I think it's just going to add more choices. As the OP said Ilterendi and Prydaz will still be solid choices on certain fights and so will the helmet/ring.

Deleted
    Helm + belt + Sanctified Wrath = Op combo?

Curious to see if Sanctified Wrath works together with the helm, if so, belt is perfect match with the new helm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemah View Post

Curious to see if Sanctified Wrath works together with the helm, if so, belt is perfect match with the new helm
    Few ppl here on forum already mentioned that belt is fine but it's not best since even w/o belt single heal almost always toping target with wings on. If AW from proc will be same powerful as normal AW talent I guess through belt you can only increase your overhealing

Sure it is, if you like topping the overhealing meters. AW already tops our targets, belt isn't really needed at all.

Deleted
    7.2.5 light of dawn btw

No, sanctified wrath will always be a pvp, dps, or M+ talent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vilstiri View Post
    Few ppl here on forum already mentioned that belt is fine but it's not best since even w/o belt single heal almost always toping target with wings on. If AW from proc will be same powerful as normal AW talent I guess through belt you can only increase your overhealing
    Belt is a tier 2 legendary. If you have no tier 1(Ring/Pyrdaz/Shoulders) then it's fine. It just will cause a ton of overhealing so half of it's effect is really negated.

Quote Originally Posted by HPLathus View Post
    No, sanctified wrath will always be a pvp, dps, or M+ talent.

- - - Updated - - -

Belt is a tier 2 legendary. If you have no tier 1(Ring/Pyrdaz/Shoulders) then it's fine. It just will cause a ton of overhealing so half of it's effect is really negated.
    intentionally or accidentally leaving Velen's off the tier1 list?

So the new healer legendaries....

Paladin: 10% chance for LoD to proc AV for 8s
    Shaman: 15% chance for Healing rain to proc Ascendance for 6s
    Druid: 15% chance for Wild Growth to proc Tree of Life for 12s
    Monks: 20% chance for Essence Font to proc Chi-Ji for 15s

Shamans are getting a good one, Ascendance is a strong cd, however the duration is appropriately short and one might not be casting HR on cd (thus the higher proc chance). Paladins seems to be getting a comparable deal I would say-- lower proc chance, higher duration, however LoD is instant, also worth noting that as a healing cd AV is worse than ascendance, however it also increases damage -- I'm also curios if it can proc from Second Sunrise trait).

And then there are druids -- is it just me or are druids once again getting a better deal than anyone else? I:TL grants 15% increased healing, however most of the healing druids do comes from rejuvenation, which does 50% more healing in this form, so it's going to end up being more like 40% increase, for 12s (longest duration), on a spell which can also be cast on 10s cd. It's also worth nothing that this makes druid the only one who could potentially get consecutive procs and keep the form longer.

Quote Originally Posted by pseudoJ View Post
    So the new healer legendaries....

Paladin: 10% chance for LoD to proc AV for 8s
    Shaman: 15% chance for Healing rain to proc Ascendance for 6s
    Druid: 15% chance for Wild Growth to proc Tree of Life for 12s
    Monks: 20% chance for Essence Font to proc Chi-Ji for 15s

Shamans are getting a good one, Ascendance is a strong cd, however the duration is appropriately short and one might not be casting HR on cd (thus the higher proc chance). Paladins seems to be getting a comparable deal I would say-- lower proc chance, higher duration, however LoD is instant, also worth noting that as a healing cd AV is worse than ascendance, however it also increases damage -- I'm also curios if it can proc from Second Sunrise trait).

And then there are druids -- is it just me or are druids once again getting a better deal than anyone else? I:TL grants 15% increased healing, however most of the healing druids do comes from rejuvenation, which does 50% more healing in this form, so it's going to end up being more like 40% increase, for 12s (longest duration), on a spell which can also be cast on 10s cd. It's also worth nothing that this makes druid the only one who could potentially get consecutive procs and keep the form longer.
    Druids can't spam WG on CD or they will go OOM. So unless the fight is under 3 minutes (unlikely until ToS is overgeared), they won't get a chance to proc it that often.

I think this is why you see the discrepancy between Druid and Paladin values. LoD can be used on CD, WG cannot. Also LoD can double proc from artifact talent, not sure if that extra proc has a chance to proc this legendary.

Either way, I don't see this being a very good healer legendary. Random CD proc doesn't align well with healers. I'd much rather use Pyrdaz, Shoulders, Trinket, or Ring over this. (goes for both Druid and Paladin).

Quote Originally Posted by jayheals View Post
    intentionally or accidentally leaving Velen's off the tier1 list?
    In my opinion it would pretty much fall in the same category as the belt, and for the same reasons. It does have some overhealing "protection" but if your main target is being overhealed in the first place, chances are there won't be 3 other players nearby that will need healing. It's not a bad one to have by any means but Ilterendi, the Spaulders and Prydaz tend to be a bit more reliable/consistent.

Deleted
    unlike chain velens is an independent, short cd with overhealing protection so youre wrong on all accounts

Quote Originally Posted by treeqt View Post
    unlike chain velens is an independent, short cd with overhealing protection so youre wrong on all accounts
    Couldn't agree more. Velen's is a really good lego for M+ and raid.

Deleted
    Can I ask why people are so nutz about Prydaz? apart from the shield keeping you a bit safer (especially while using aura of sacrifice), why are people so nutz about it? or is this simply for buffing the meters by a few extra million?

Prydaz contributes a lot of passive "healing". Anywhere from 5% or more. Hpala have very high hp which gives even bigger Shields. It also has a very high stat allocation for the slot. Any fight where you take consistent damage it performs very well, I use it as standard in higher M+.

Some people consider the shield meter padding, but ultimately damage absorbed = damage that doesn't need to be healed = less mana spent + you can heal other party/raid members.

Deleted
    Thanks, just wondering though, does the damage from Aura of Sacfice count towards the damage to the shield? in which case it seems like extra though minor dmg reduction to those around you. since it will take longer for that dmg to reach your 75% health mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravasempai View Post
    Can I ask why people are so nutz about Prydaz? apart from the shield keeping you a bit safer (especially while using aura of sacrifice), why are people so nutz about it? or is this simply for buffing the meters by a few extra million?
    Plus staying alive as a healer is very important. While it may seem like needless padding, when it prevents you from dying its a very good legendary.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    So how would pairing both the two new legendaries together work out? Ring gives you more LoD casts, which gives you more helm procs, right? Assuming the helm is a fixed 10% per cast as posted above and not a PPM thing. Worth the opportunity cost of not using Iterendi or Prydaz or Velen's?

Anyone get a a new Lego today? I'd love to hear how they fee/play. I should get one this week, I've been banking my badluck protection.