Deleted

Thoughts on Genji?

What do you guys think about Genji? Is he undertuned or in the right spot of balance? Is he played in higher ranks?

I'm a level 29 noob so i just wanted to hear the thoughts of actual veteran players.

From my point of view he seems like a character where you need to have complete game knowledge to know which champions you can kill and focus.
    If you decide to attack the slightiest bruiser with just a bit of defense you will spend an eternity trying to kill him, only doing tickles with shurikens.
    His playstyle revolves around tickling squishy openents with melees and Q's and then finishing off low targets with his E dash, which does a lot of damage.
    If you fail to kill the target after 2 seconds when using E you are pretty much doomed and in the midle of the action without an escape (unless you use your trait on a wall to escape)

His ulty "Dragon Blade" is what does the most damage but you are so squishy that you die instantly if you decide to do it in the midle of 5 enemies. Only good in skirmishes of 3 players or less.

All in all, i think he is only good in teams with several squishy targets. I managed somehow to get 20 kills in a game with a Sylvanas and a Vallera which were easy targets, but i can imagine Genji being TOTALLY useless in games with only warrior bruiser. They don't even have to be warriors. They only need to have the slightiest defense for Genji to do absolutely no damage xD

He's great with a proper team behind him; he excels at finishing heroes but struggles to set those kills up. Stuns, like most of the mobile heroes, are super effective against him since he can get himself stunned in awful positions.

I think he's well balanced and he is played in higher leagues. Rich, for example, plays him a bit - here's a recent clip: https://clips.twitch.tv/PlumpSnappySpaghettiOMGScoots
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Genji is considered balance. His role is more of a finisher - While you maybe haven't encountered it often it, given that you do not have too many games played overall, but quite often in a teamfight, you'll have a critical enemy character, such as their healer or high-dps, get out of a contest at sub-20% health, and you won't be able to kill him without dying (And maybe even attempt that and die anyway, without killing them). Genji essentially ensures that ANY character below 20% health will be killed, without him being at such a high risk.

Besides that, he is also extremely good against any hero with fast attacking components - Tracer, Tychus, and D.Va, for example, but also heroes such as Azmodan (Minions, Lazer), Dehaka (Swarm), Li-Ming (Disentigrate hits like 10 times a second, so Genji deals 300 damage a second against that), as well as being able to dive into a person in the middle of a lane full of minions and put a severe hurting on them.

Theres a number of vids outthere of Genji pretty much wiping out the entire enemy team, thats at full health, with just 2 deflect talents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    He's great with a proper team behind him; he excels at finishing heroes but struggles to set those kills up. Stuns, like most of the mobile heroes, are super effective against him since he can get himself stunned in awful positions.

I think he's well balanced and he is played in higher leagues. Rich, for example, plays him a bit - here's a recent clip: https://clips.twitch.tv/PlumpSnappySpaghettiOMGScoots
    Thanks a lot for the clip, i'm really trying to master him but is hard because i am a total noob and i have little to no game knowledge about "who is tanky or not"

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Theres a number of vids outthere of Genji pretty much wiping out the entire enemy team, thats at full health, with just 2 deflect talents.
    There are talents to greatly increase his deflect damage? Maybe i'm playing him all wrong because i'm leveling up is E dash on all my talents.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-05-17 at 03:25 PM.

Personally I am sick of characters with immunity skills.

One of which you don't get until lvl 20, so...not something you're likely to see very often.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Thanks a lot for the clip, i'm really trying to master him but is hard because i am a total noob and i have little to no game knowledge about "who is tanky or not"

There are talents to greatly increase his deflect damage? Maybe i'm playing him all wrong because i'm leveling up is E dash on all my talents.
    One deflect talent causes him to also deflect 33% of the damage taken with that hit. A funny example of this would be Kael'Thas Pyroblasting you in the face, and you deflecting the Pyro, causing the Kael'Thas to be hit with 33% of the Pyroblast. Another example is D.Va's mech explosion. This talent is at 16.

The second talent is at 20, and allows Deflect to hit ALL nearby heroes with each shuriken. Now, note that Shurikens deal 55 damage a hit baseline - So, against Li-Ming's Disentegrate, you will send out roughly 12-13 shurikens during the duration - So thats 660 damage baseline to the entire enemy team - A very large chunk. Combine this with the 33% damage reflection, and 4 other ppl wailing on Genji, and suddenly you are reflecting THOUSANDS of damage to the entire enemy team
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    its like people have said. Genji needs a team. I have had games where i could almost do no crap cause we had no team fight potentional but also games where you just zig zag around. With a good teamfight and basicly your own team Genji can be very powerful in finishing thme off quickly.

With a good teamfight your X-strike ulti can devastate them. But if you have a good team that helps you and coordinates with you then your dragonblade ulti is dangerous as fuck. But it all depends on the comp and your teamwork.

Genji.... needs a healer XD

No Tusk Club.

15+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, if you have seen Genji take the 20 talent, are clumped and trying to focus him, you deserve to be wiped =p

Most teams will just CC him and go after other people first, as he's not terribly threatening when your team is healthy.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)