Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    The one question this show really makes me ask is when is the next season of The Expanse coming out?

Beginning of June

7+ Year Old Account
    Just watched episode 12 and what a plot twist! Didn't see that coming, not sure if anyone saw it coming, but what i do want to see coming is more Discovery. The show is like Star Trek for adults without the sugarcoating with a faster pace and characters with more depth and dimensions Though I wouldn't mind if they toned down the violence a tad and the Stamets/Culber romantic interaction seems a bit too forced, just like Michael and Tyler doesn't look very natural.

Oh man good episode butttt.

[spoiler]No way Lorca is dead. He was transported into transdimensional space I bet[/quote]

Annnndddd for next week

Using Terran tactics to win the war would be amazing

Just finished Episode 13 today.

DAMN!!!!! what a FREAKING RIDE that was. So much action. Though I am sad to see the end of Lorca. He was an amazing character, but once his true nature was reveald I knew he had a timer. I

I am also sad to see the end of the Mirror Universe. I would liked to have seen more of it. But if they stayed there it would be too much like Voyager.

So glad to see Wicked Gegorioh come back with them and the total domination of the Klingon Empire. Now that they have the cloaking data for the Klingons It will be exciting to see how they put that into action. And it will be good to see the ever Vaunted Starfleet use her tactics to win the war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay I managed to get a hold of the series. So far the show is okay.

I can look past the technology advances (which is more advanced than the TNG era), the lens flair and mediocre acting. However my biggest issue is the Klingon's and how stupid they look. It could of written off as a opposite side effect to the augment virus, but apparently they all look like purple insects. Bad design imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    No way Lorca is dead. He was transported into transdimensional space I bet
    sorry to disappoint but yes, mirror universe lorca IS dead and gone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drudatz View Post
    sorry to disappoint but yes, mirror universe lorca IS dead and gone.
    Oh shit we've got a Discovery writer in the thread.

How does the season end?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Oh shit we've got a Discovery writer in the thread.
    Oh shit we got someone here who cant use google: https://screenrant.com/star-trek-discovery-lorca-death or keep up with news...

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Oh man good episode butttt.

[spoiler]No way Lorca is dead. He was transported into transdimensional space I bet
    Annnndddd for next week

Using Terran tactics to win the war would be amazing[/QUOTE]

Yea he is transported in to tiny little pieces !

10+ Year Old Account
    Much less action in this one, but I was glued to my chair anyway. My prediction for next week: Burnham kills Georgiou. Again.

Edit: I meant that Burnham will mutiny again... then probably kill Georgiou.
    Last edited by Frontenac; 2018-02-05 at 10:12 PM.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

I KNEW IT!!!!!

I KNEW IT!!!. Ladies and Gentleman let us introduce you to the introduction of the Virus that destroyed the Klingon Empire and caused them to lose their head ridges. Although I would have personally preferred to see more StarFleet to Klingon action, we all know that StarFleet Tech was no match for the Klingon fleet.

It is also good to see that StarFleet is willing to do what ever it takes to ensure their survival including chemical warfare.

And Bleh to the reintroduction of Cptn. Georgiou that I could have lived without. Even though I do find her attractive lol.

And is it me or do Stammets and Tilly seem to me commanding the screen when they are there......

The show got some track and i actually enjoy it most of the time now. Glad i forced myself through the first half of the season.

Still i absolutely can't give a fuck about Burnham. Admiral, Vulcan dad, Stammets and even Georgiou are a hell more interesting (basically everyone is). I just fear there will be more focus on Burnham from now on with Lorca dead, which can't be good. Even in the short sneak peak for next ep she managed to be annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    I KNEW IT!!!!!

I KNEW IT!!!. Ladies and Gentleman let us introduce you to the introduction of the Virus that destroyed the Klingon Empire and caused them to lose their head ridges. Although I would have personally preferred to see more StarFleet to Klingon action, we all know that StarFleet Tech was no match for the Klingon fleet.

It is also good to see that StarFleet is willing to do what ever it takes to ensure their survival including chemical warfare.

And Bleh to the reintroduction of Cptn. Georgiou that I could have lived without. Even though I do find her attractive lol.

And is it me or do Stammets and Tilly seem to me commanding the screen when they are there......
    Err... the virus has already been introduced in Enterprise. And the Klingon Empire will not get destroyed, since it still exists in TOS, which begins ten years later. And whatever the temptation of using any WMD they have, it will end up with Burnham and the crew stopping it. I bet Mirror Georgiou has been reintroduced for that reason, because she has the stomach to do it, but that the crew will mutiny against it. It is Star Trek. Starfleet will not resort to genocide.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Err... the virus has already been introduced in Enterprise. And the Klingon Empire will not get destroyed, since it still exists in TOS, which begins ten years later. And whatever the temptation of using any WMD they have, it will end up with Burnham and the crew stopping it. I bet Mirror Georgiou has been reintroduced for that reason, because she has the stomach to do it, but that the crew will mutiny against it. It is Star Trek. Starfleet will not resort to genocide.
    And I am betting Saru will have to choose a side and himself kill Georgiou, while Burnham might have to kill Sarek.
    Continuity does not matter anymore, we are so far off vanilla canon that it's clear we are in another timeline or multiverse that they could do whatever they want to Kronos or the Klingons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    And I am betting Saru will have to choose a side and himself kill Georgiou, while Burnham might have to kill Sarek.
    Continuity does not matter anymore, we are so far off vanilla canon that it's clear we are in another timeline or multiverse that they could do whatever they want to Kronos or the Klingons.
    Believe it or not, but they said and repeated over and over again that it is prime universe. Sarek died in TNG. They won't change that. The look of things changed, not the events. They even referenced Archer and the Enterprise NX-01 last episode, saying it was the last time a federation starship went to Qo'nos.

Err... the virus has already been introduced in Enterprise. And the Klingon Empire will not get destroyed, since it still exists in TOS, which begins ten years later.
    Well of course the Empire does not get destroyed, but it does set it back for quite some time..... But it was the virus that caused their "mutation" that resulted in the loss of their cranial ridges. I did not mean the complete destruction in terms of extinction. The earth was destroyed several times over the millennia and it is still here too. I was not aware that it was introduced in Enterprise as I could not stomach the first season much. I will have to revisit that however.

- - - Updated - - -

They even referenced Archer and the Enterprise NX-01 last episode, saying it was the last time a federation starship went to Qo'nos.
    I liked that they put that reference in there. It was a nice homage to Enterprise.

10+ Year Old Account
    So how many people are actually watching STD? Has CBS/Paramount released any numbers?

Believe it or not, but they said and repeated over and over again that it is prime universe. Sarek died in TNG. They won't change that. The look of things changed, not the events. They even referenced Archer and the Enterprise NX-01 last episode, saying it was the last time a federation starship went to Qo'nos.
    Actually I really did not like that they made that reference now that I have found peace in knowing this has nothing to do with the prime universe, no matter how often they want to repeat that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    So how many people are actually watching STD? Has CBS/Paramount released any numbers?
    not that I know but S2 is already green lit.