Page 95 of 114 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    There's no such thing as SJW cringe in Star Trek. You of all people should know better.
    In all of the rest of Star Trek - there ain't. But in this one, it's overflowing. Fat officers are given green light by their doctors, women are overrepresented in leading positions, gender fluid humans haven't been cured still in the 32nd century, imagine that! Obviously, an agenda to say it's "normal" while it's not, especially considering that she was hiding the fact and only two people (well, now one) know about it - that's like the major 4th wall leakage from the screen, especially considering that the actor is that way as well. So not only the condition hasn't been eradicated from humanity's medical history but it is still being oppressed! Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    In all of the rest of Star Trek - there ain't. But in this one, it's overflowing. Fat officers are given green light by their doctors, women are overrepresented in leading positions, gender fluid humans haven't been cured still in the 32nd century, imagine that! Obviously, an agenda to say it's "normal" while it's not, especially considering that she was hiding the fact and only two people (well, now one) know about it - that's like the major 4th wall leakage from the screen, especially considering that the actor is that way as well. So not only the condition hasn't been eradicated from humanity's medical history but it is still being oppressed! Wow.
    She's there for her brain meats and she jogs better than I do. Probably you too.
    Tiny samples mean nothing and only misogynists would give a fuck anyways.
    Gender fluid people do not need to be cured and have a right to privacy. Stop masturbating to Jordan Peterson podcasts.

Gender fluid people do not need to be cured
    Hm. Medical texts need revision then, it seems.

https://www.icd10data.com/ICD10CM/Co...F69/F64-/F64.9

She's there for her brain meats and she jogs better than I do. Probably you too.
    If she jogged she wouldn't be fat. Fat people cannot jog, btw, it's bad for their spine and joints. The first treatment for obesity is diet and WALKING, not jogging.
    Tiny samples mean nothing and only misogynists would give a fuck anyways.
    False dichotomy.
    Gender fluid people do not need to be cured and have a right to privacy. Stop masturbating to Jordan Peterson podcasts.
    Gender fluid people are sick in the head. If they aren't - and "it's normal" there's no need to invoke the right to privacy, otherwise how else others will REFER to the right? Hm?
    And you are being hypocritical now by violating my right to privacy. No one needed to know that I masturbate to JP podcasts.

Trolling isn't allowed. Infracted.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2020-12-06 at 06:34 PM.

If she jogged she wouldn't be fat. Fat people cannot jog, btw, it's bad for their spine and joints. The first treatment for obesity is diet and WALKING, not jogging.

False dichotomy.

Gender fluid people are sick in the head. If they aren't - and "it's normal" there's no need to invoke the right to privacy, otherwise how else others will REFER to the right? Hm?
    And you are being hypocritical now by violating my right to privacy. No one needed to know that I masturbate to JP podcasts.
    We've seen her jog. In the show. Which is more than I do in real life.
    No, its not. We've seen two ships out of how many in TOS era Star Trek? Not giving a shit means not keeping count of trivialities.
    Everyone has a right to privacy regardless of their gender or sexual orientation. In the particular case of someone joined with a Trill symbiont using the pronoun "they" wouldn't be out of bounds. Even if they're not specifically gender fluid they're certainly in touch with all of their past memories which will contain a variety of life experiences including living as a different gender or having a different sexual orientation.
    I was joking. It was wrong of me to make light of your masturbation proclivities. Sorry. But seriously Jordan Peterson and all of the other anti-trans dipshits out there need to grow the fuck up.

We've seen her jog. In the show. Which is more than I do in real life.
    That's what I'm complaining about, she shouldn't be in Star Fleet, not to mention JOG. Plus she was less fat in the previous season.
    No, its not. We've seen two ships out of how many in TOS era Star Trek? Not giving a shit means not keeping count of trivialities.
    An argument from ignorance is ignored. We are talking about a specific ship in a specific show made by specific people.
    Everyone has a right to privacy regardless of their gender or sexual orientation.
    But gender fluid people cannot plead privacy if they want to be referred to as they. So please, STAHP. This is an inconsistency in their agenda delivery. Gender fluid people are accepted - but they still hide their gender fluidity - but they prefer to be referred to as they - it's just ridiculous.
    In the particular case of someone joined with a Trill symbiont using the pronoun "they" wouldn't be out of bounds.
    If they went that way - it would be like Dax in DS9 - which is fine
    But she explicitly said "I was this way BEFORE" and she's a human not an alien. For humans, it's not normal to be this way and this condition would've been cured long time ago, just like Tilly's obesity.

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    Another really enjoyable episode of Discovery.

This one was directed by Jonathan Frakes.

I kinda wish I could binge watch the whole season. REally liking discovery so far.
    Frakes is a national treasure. I love that guy, and he's a great director. It doesn't need to be said, but he really knows the source material.

That's what I'm complaining about, she shouldn't be in Star Fleet, not to mention JOG. Plus she was less fat in the previous season.

An argument from ignorance is ignored. We are talking about a specific ship in a specific show made by specific people.

But gender fluid people cannot plead privacy if they want to be referred to as they. So please, STAHP. This is an inconsistency in their agenda delivery. Gender fluid people are accepted - but they still hide their gender fluidity - but they prefer to be referred to as they - it's just ridiculous.

If they went that way - it would be like Dax in DS9 - which is fine
    But she explicitly said "I was this way BEFORE" and she's a human not an alien. For humans, it's not normal to be this way and this condition would've been cured long time ago, just like Tilly's obesity.
    She's in Starfleet because of her brain. But keep on ignoring that. And she still jogs more than most, otherwise no Captaincy for her.

One specific ship may just have a random assortment of crew that happens to be uneven (and it might not be, I haven't bother to count). It a huge nothing burger unless you're a snowflake looking for a reason to whine.

Sure they can. They ask for a pronoun to be used which isn't any different from using their given name or title. I ask people to refer to me as "he" or my name but I don't feel the need to share more about myself than that. There's nothing wrong with that.

A Trill without a symbiont is a very, very different thing than a Trill with one. A human with a symbiont is much like the latter than a regular human. And who are you to define what is normal? I don't find the character to be abnormal in the slightest.

REEEEing over someone's pronouns or because tilly is fat only allows people who want to defend the show to deflect the conversation to your bigotry.

Instead off focusing on the important reasons why the show is bad, like everyone (except saru, bless is little hooves) being an asshole and acting like moody teenagers all the time. Or 'photon torpedos' going off 7 feet from Michael and not atomizing her.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Instead off focusing on the important reasons why the show is bad, like everyone (except saru, bless is little hooves) being an asshole and acting like moody teenagers all the time. Or 'photon torpedos' going off 7 feet from Michael and not atomizing her.
    Hey! I never said it was perfect. After 3 seasons it finally climbed the small mountain of being a little better than Voyager.

False dichotomy.

So you think that only STD is pushing "transgenderism' the fuck you think the Trill have always been a stand in for?

...being a little better than Voyager.
    It is my opinion that Discovery doesn't even hold a candle to the worst episode of Voyager (and I'll accept there were a few bad ones). When Voyager was on point, though, it was outstanding.

Hey! I never said it was perfect. After 3 seasons it finally climbed the small mountain of being a little better than Voyager.
    God, I miss Captain Genocide.

But in all seriousness (and I can't believe I'm defending discovery) I think the fact it's got those truncated streaming service seasons really hurts it. With the syndicated tv seasons there's room to skip the absolute trash like a bad arc with good standalones (or vice versa) and still follow the show.
    When people (such as myself) say they like ENT for example, they're talking about the good episodes not the whole thing in its entirety. STD's season length and less syndicated plot structure simply doesn't allow for this.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    God, I miss Captain Genocide.

But in all seriousness (and I can't believe I'm defending discovery) I think the fact it's got those truncated streaming service seasons really hurts it. With the syndicated tv seasons there's room to skip the absolute trash like a bad arc with good standalones (or vice versa) and still follow the show.
    When people (such as myself) say they like ENT for example, they're talking about the good episodes not the whole thing in its entirety. STD's season length and less syndicated plot structure simply doesn't allow for this.
    That’s fair. It’s one of the reasons I like DSC S3 is that they’re doing single episodes but with the back drop of a larger story. This isn’t as well executed as I would like but it’s a big improvement over S1.

TNG is still my favourite and I don’t dwell on its weaker episodes. I guess that’s the ultimate disappointment of Picard. There are worse episodes of TNG but those episodes aren’t 10 hours long.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by neocount View Post
    It is my opinion that Discovery doesn't even hold a candle to the worst episode of Voyager (and I'll accept there were a few bad ones). When Voyager was on point, though, it was outstanding.
    And it usually wasn’t. Part of the reason Voyager still holds up is all of those EMData and SevenOfData episodes. Take those away and the show suffers greatly in comparison.

Actually come to think of it even earlier Discovery is better than your average nonEMH or non7 episode.

She's in Starfleet because of her brain. But keep on ignoring that. And she still jogs more than most, otherwise no Captaincy for her.
    The problem is that obesity is easily fixed, with the right brain. So this is another ridiculous moment. If she had THE brain she wouldn't be fat in the future where they have advanced medicine and human body knowledge. She is in this show only because of body positivity. She is not a model citizen of the Federation who dedicates their lives to better themselves.
    One specific ship may just have a random assortment of crew that happens to be uneven (and it might not be, I haven't bother to count). It a huge nothing burger unless you're a snowflake looking for a reason to whine.
    As I said, we are talking about a specific ship in a specific show about this ship. Someone decided to assemble that cast.
    Sure they can. They ask for a pronoun to be used which isn't any different from using their given name or title.
    If they ask for pronouns - they reveal their condition. You mentioned privacy rights - they are out of the window now - as irrelevant.
    I ask people to refer to me as "he" or my name but I don't feel the need to share more about myself than that. There's nothing wrong with that.
    No one asked anybody to reveal anything more. She hid her condition but then asked to be referred to as they. But you seem to be missing a point.
    If her condition is accepted - she should feel no need to hide it, but she did - that's absurd. But that's what you get when the agenda gets ahead of good writing.
    A Trill without a symbiont is a very, very different thing than a Trill with one. A human with a symbiont is much like the latter than a regular human. And who are you to define what is normal? I don't find the character to be abnormal in the slightest.
    A Trill is an alien, symbiont or not. Suspension of disbelief is enabled for aliens.

Normal is what is observed in the general population. Gender fluidity is not normal. But not being normal is not bad. It's just statistics. What's bad about gender fluidity - it's a medical condition that should've been cured in Star Trek by the 32nd century. It's a "current year" issue in a "far and better future" TV show.
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    So you think that only STD is pushing "transgenderism' the fuck you think the Trill have always been a stand in for?
    There's a good way to represent something (Trill) and then there's a bad way. A Trill is not a transgender - a Trill is an Alien. Some of them have symbionts that store and share memories and personalities of previous hosts. Perfectly fine. Sci-fi thing. Now a human who was gender fluid... before joining...
    It's perfectly obvious why they went for a HUMAN host for TRILL symbiont. That's what my complaint is about. SJW cringe. Especially the Stamets face when she explained her gender fluidity - CRINGE.

The problem is that obesity is easily fixed, with the right brain. So this is another ridiculous moment. If she had THE brain she wouldn't be fat in the future where they have advanced medicine and human body knowledge. She is in this show only because of body positivity. She is not a model citizen of the Federation who dedicates their lives to better themselves.

As I said, we are talking about a specific ship in a specific show about this ship. Someone decided to assemble that cast.

If they ask for pronouns - they reveal their condition. You mentioned privacy rights - they are out of the window now - as irrelevant.

No one asked anybody to reveal anything more. She hid her condition but then asked to be referred to as they. But you seem to be missing a point.
    If her condition is accepted - she should feel no need to hide it, but she did - that's absurd. But that's what you get when the agenda gets ahead of good writing.

A Trill is an alien, symbiont or not. Suspension of disbelief is enabled for aliens.

Normal is what is observed in the general population. Gender fluidity is not normal. But not being normal is not bad. It's just statistics. What's bad about gender fluidity - it's a medical condition that should've been cured in Star Trek by the 32nd century. It's a "current year" issue in a "far and better future" TV show.

There's a good way to represent something (Trill) and then there's a bad way. A Trill is not a transgender - a Trill is an Alien. Some of them have symbionts that store and share memories and personalities of previous hosts. Perfectly fine. Sci-fi thing. Now a human who was gender fluid... before joining...
    It's perfectly obvious why they went for a HUMAN host for TRILL symbiont. That's what my complaint is about. SJW cringe. Especially the Stamets face when she explained her gender fluidity - CRINGE.
    Being highly intelligent isn't a sign of perfection. The Unabomber is a genius with an IQ of 170 and he's a mass murderer who believes in a huge amount of absolute horseshit. Tilly is merely chubby and if she expects to command in Starfleet she knows she'll have to improve herself in a multitude of ways. A citizen of the Federation in the 23rd century has the opportunity to improve themselves but that doesn't mean they have to or can do it in all directions. Tilly's in Starfleet because her chubby ass adds value to the Science and Engineering departments.

As I said. You're looking for an excuse to whine. All I see are members of Starfleet crewing an experimental starship.

Only because you deem it. I am quite happy to use their preferred pronoun and not ask for a damn thing more.

A human living in the 32nd century with an alien parasite wrapped around their heart requires a certain suspension of disbelief.

Speaking of Agendas. How about them Trill spots? I wonder why they have those? Is there an agenda at work here?

Again, there's nothing wrong gender fluidity and there's nothing to be cured. Are you going to be miserable until they have an episode where we get to "Pray the Fluidity Away"?

Tilly is probably the least qualified person in the room at any time for that XO position, so all this is pretty fucking strange.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I can't believe you idiots banned my main forum account because I was only showing you proof of your trolling. I will keep posting here and I will not stop this war. Just stop disrupting roleplay. You have done enough damage already.

One episode: Burnham realizes maybe the universe doesn't revolve around her, character growth!
    Next episode: Burnham is the only one who can do the thing

You can't make this trash up....just so awful, it's bottom tier fan fiction written by CW rejects

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post
    Tilly is probably the least qualified person in the room at any time for that XO position, so all this is pretty fucking strange.
    This is from the same guy who believed it was logical to promote a cadet to captain...that a captain wouldn't say a word after he was treated as Discovery's doormat by most of the command staff...that a captain would thank his insubordinate officer for actually following his orders for once

It's all pure stupidty written by idiots who know nothing about science....command structure...all they know is drama and magic
    #WithoutRespectWeReject

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    One episode: Burnham realizes maybe the universe doesn't revolve around her, character growth!
    Next episode: Burnham is the only one who can do the thing

You can't make this trash up....just so awful, it's bottom tier fan fiction written by CW rejects
    It could be worse. It could be bottom-tier internet rantings from people who listen to shit head conspiracy theorists on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post

Imagine still watching a show you have said you hate for literal years. Pathetic.