Page 97 of 115 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am just happy they got out of the past and went to the future. To top it off they hit the future reset button with the burn thing (it was really weird how it happened and all that but.. it did what it was supposed to do.. clean slated the whole universe). So season 3 felt a lot like a "get as far away from s1 and s2 as we can" season. A lot of the characters were shaken up. The setting was changed. Anything that doesn't fit perfectly into cannon or prospects of the future was separated. FINALLY not another bad Admiral. Mission accomplished. I feel the seasons have progressively been getting better too. I still am not in love with the show and think it has a lot of work but it is getting better. Season 4 is going to be a complete clean slate.

I hope it gets away from the season long mystery thing that has happened season to season so far. That is where I see the weakest part of the show. Episode to epsiode it isn't so bad but the season threads are soft af. Season 1 was the whole how to get the mushroom thing to work.. meh.. probably the best of them but inject angry mushroom demon dna into a guy problem solved.. ugh. Season 2 was the red things in space helping you beat the AI.. meh.. saw it coming the whole time and took the easy road out with "just time travel" out so kinda ugh even though it did tie things up. Season 3.. my god.. sad kid blows up all the ships in the galaxy because he saw mommy died and screamed while becoming DNA tagged with crystal planet.. ugh.. double ugh. Just focus on rebuilding the Federation and re-discovering how the galaxy works after the burn next season and maybe have a villian/villian race that can show up from time to time to foil. We don't need a big dot connector to just chase around for the sake of chasing it around.

But all I ask is keep trending in the direction you are going. It is getting a little better each time. Just write good stories and try not to worry to much about the big gotta at the end of the season.

OK, the season had some good episodes (and several weak plots), but the explanation for the Burn (which I actually found a nice and refreshing idea) is really so ridiculous that I literally got goosebumps from the cringe I felt. I mean we are used to people dying from sadness in scifi, but that's just plain silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike` View Post
    So who's ready to see Burnham save all of them and bring peace to all galaxy

Also to be in front of the President and have the highest distinct

Maybe be higher that the Admiral but probably they would save that for next season
    So was almost right, she didn't meet the president but had the highest distinct being the new Captain. Lets see if the new season she reaches Admiral xD

also

Now she even has the hot boyfriend be more important that everyone else, i love Book but lol prepare for the dual lovers heroes can do all

AND LOL, that fall of Burnham on the elevators she didn't break anything, amazing xD
    Last edited by Spike`; 2021-01-08 at 11:16 PM.

Loved this season of Discovery, and have loved all the other ones.

Fortunately i've stayed away from all the social media posts and criticism. Not to say your criticisms aren't valid, but htey have a way of just ruining and poisoning what could otherwise be an enjoyable entertaining watch for people who don't care too much about detail or at least no how to suspend their crticial hat becuase they recognise it's all make belief, no point really.

So yeh, I liked it, I enjoyed Burnham being an all out hero, liked how they wrote her, liked how other characters were shown too. The only thing perhaps they could have done more of, was go into the lives and characters of the other crew members like previous star trek shows did.

I feel we only get to know 5 of the senior officers.. but then this is the case with all star trek

TNG - Picard, Riker, Worf, Data, Geordie, Deanna, Beverly = 7
    DS9 - Sisco, Kira, Oddo, Jadzier, Julian, Quark, Miles, Worf = 8
    Voy - Janeway, Chakotay, Tuvok, Torres, Kim, Neelix, Kes = 7
    Disc - Burnham, Saru, Stamets, Tilly, Culber, Georgia, Lorca/Pike/Booker = 7

Each show has notable extras though like Wesley/Barclay/Roh/Q etc

its valid what you say, i still watch the show because i also like some things on it to keep me going

what's annoys me alot is so much her, the show could be so much better if the crew felt like a crew, on every star trek yes the captain were the star etc but the crew got so much story, all of them and in discovery is about her, 90% her in 3 seasons and much is to much

yes they backup up a little on this season 3 but please make others also save the day not only her like is always his almost all the time but i'm glad that saru at least had his spotlight

i hope Booker be a new member on his own and not be one more Burnham sidekick

just to finish, yes Burnham annoys me more than Wesley, i didn't think anyone would make that feat

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    Oh, and my only quibble with the finale was Burnham fighting Osyrra and jumping all over the place like her leg was just fine ... and then afterwards going back to limping Oopsie!
    Adrenaline is a powerful drug..

Why is Burnham so hated though? Shes not a Mary Sue, shes flawed and doesn't always save the day, she also nearly always pays for her mistakes. I thought Burnham (Kirk like personality), Saru (Spock basically.. but less logical and more about doing the right thing and following rules) and Giorgiou worked really well for the show.

The only character I really don't like in this show is Tillie though.

Quote Originally Posted by Amarys View Post
    Why is Burnham so hated though? Shes not a Mary Sue, shes flawed and doesn't always save the day, she also nearly always pays for her mistakes.
    Seriously?

She's court-martialed in the second episode and sentenced to life in prison, with Lorca pulling strings to get her out.

Since that point questioning and downright insubordination have been a staple of her character.

Now she commands Discovery as it's captain despite basically being told several episodes ago that she should get with the program or take a hike.

She never really pays for her actions as it always works out for her in the end.

Season 4 should be interesting though, as the captain she is massively impaired in her ability to freely move about the universe compared to her old commander/broker status.

Especially after the Almiral said that her unusual way works and have his approval, with that she has a green card to do anything and answer to no one

Also if she makes Booker her new number 1 i will laugh so hard, would be f y to Saru and Tilly and even the rest of the crew

Quote Originally Posted by Ara Myrr View Post
    Seriously?

She's court-martialed in the second episode and sentenced to life in prison, with Lorca pulling strings to get her out.

Since that point questioning and downright insubordination have been a staple of her character.

Now she commands Discovery as it's captain despite basically being told several episodes ago that she should get with the program or take a hike.

She never really pays for her actions as it always works out for her in the end.

Season 4 should be interesting though, as the captain she is massively impaired in her ability to freely move about the universe compared to her old commander/broker status.
    Yea but shes literally the same type of character Kirk was.. at least in the movies. Insubordinate, likes doing things her own way etc. Besides, she was groomed to be a captain right at the beginning of the series before things hit the fan. After that she was disgraces and punished and didn't really get back her position until season 3 and then she offered it to Saru instead.

So season 1, she paid by being sent to prison and being a pariah and disliked by most and then now when she went against orders, she got demoted until the last episode. I guess realistically she only got the position cause Tillie was incompetent and Saru was partially to blame for putting her in charge. Burnham saved the situation when it mattered and she was key in getting the volcans back into the federation. I guess it makes sense the admiral wanted to keep her around and in line as opposed to her running off with her boyfriend again.

Quote Originally Posted by Amarys View Post
    Yea but shes literally the same type of character Kirk was.. at least in the movies. Insubordinate, likes doing things her own way etc. Besides, she was groomed to be a captain right at the beginning of the series before things hit the fan. After that she was disgraces and punished and didn't really get back her position until season 3 and then she offered it to Saru instead.

So season 1, she paid by being sent to prison and being a pariah and disliked by most and then now when she went against orders, she got demoted until the last episode. I guess realistically she only got the position cause Tillie was incompetent and Saru was partially to blame for putting her in charge. Burnham saved the situation when it mattered and she was key in getting the volcans back into the federation. I guess it makes sense the admiral wanted to keep her around and in line as opposed to her running off with her boyfriend again.
    Don't be too shocked. Bigots have very little interest in justice and in the Federation, justice involves forgiveness and rehabilitation. People will tend to interpret their entertainment to their own ends. Some like the idea of a future where a post-demand economy leads to a world of hope and exploration. Others view Star Trek as nothing more than a fantasy where people and ships shoot rayguns at each other. You can always tell which is which.

I'm happy with the season finale. There is a part of me that wishes that the Federation and Emerald Chain would've made amends although Vance's offer to Osyraa was obviously too much for her to bear.

One issue I have is that there was an insufficient amount of salty science bastardry and salty engineering bitchery.
    Last edited by Ivanstone; 2021-01-09 at 07:27 PM.

I almost thought about coming back to this and watching the newest seasons.

Glad I didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I almost thought about coming back to this and watching the newest seasons.

Glad I didn't.
    You should, it’s pretty good. S3 is better than any season of Voyager or Enterprise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    You should, it’s pretty good. S3 is better than any season of Voyager or Enterprise.
    Ahahaha ehehehehe, and the Earth is flat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I think many people will agree that genocide can be justified.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Discovery has gotten a bit more weird and stuff. Still miles ahead of the cringe garbage that came before 2009.
    Wait..you're saying TOS, TNG, DS9, and Voyager are cringe?

Big fucking yikes

hahahaha...gotta be the best joke in this thread

The only way I could see you being serious about this is if you were born sometime after 2000 and don't really care about lore consistency.

Pressing X to doubt here.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    The only way I could see you being serious about this is if you were born sometime after 2000 and don't really care about lore consistency.
    Started watching TOS when I was a kid. In the 70s. Watched TNG mostly as it originally aired and to a lesser extent DS9. Much of the 90/00's I didn't watch TV. Didn't finish watching all of it till it was added to Netflix.

VOY and ENT weren't spectacular overall. They had individual episodes that were fantastic but a lot of it was filler that wasn't good enough for TNG.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    Ahahaha ehehehehe, and the Earth is flat.
    Gee I thought Hammerfest was the only flatearther who thought Star Trek was a fantasy. Guess I was wrong.

So what was the point of the 'nuke' in the last episode. Didn't feel very federationy.

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    hahahaha...gotta be the best joke in this thread
    Nah, there's plenty of idiots in this thread who think Cancel Culture and Forced Diversity are real.