Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    It's an interesting technique, whether it works or not is not going to be clear for quite some time.

I think there may be something for releasing a set of characters who are relatively broad brush them using how the community uses them and what traits are indeed upon them more organically, then writing in the story afterwards rather than dogmatically insisting that your ideas are automatically better than everyone else's.

If it works well we likely end up with large, nuanced characters that are easy for the community around the game to identify with as they have had some ownership over their development. At worst it could lead to a confusing and nonsensical timeline with a whole host of characters all too powerful and too cool with no draw backs to create tension, much like mainstream comic books actually.

Pathetic. God all of the story stuff all around Overwatch is just really sad and screams of pandering. Have to have all the diversity boxes checked, can't make official canon because it might make some shippers butthurt on deviant art and tumblr.

i think if this is the direction they want to go in, then yes, leave the past as the past and just deal directly with current events in comics and videos. You can just have "hints" or small reveals of the past like Bastions flashbacks revealed during the stuff covering current events.

so long they don't do that with the present events though...
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2017-05-20 at 07:18 AM.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Smart move in my opinion, for two reasons - It strengthens community by making players feel closer to the lore, and the fact that they cancelled it leads me to believe it wasn't up to their original expectations anyway.

Basically, the comic was probably "meh" and the community had some cool ideas so they ran with it.

I think it's hilarious how many of you are upset about this, so much salt in this thread.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    So they don't know what to do and they don't want to limit themselves with what they can do.
    This actually sounds more accurate to what they're saying.

But I wish a lot of the "headcanon" would die honestly. I'm tired of hearing about how much people insist Hanzo and McCree love each other despite having a whole like, 2 interactions with each other in game.

So not to diverge from the topic too much but how many times now has Blizz announced a comic series but ended up canceling it? Is this two or three now?

10+ Year Old Account
    How does releasing this comic interfere with peoples headcanon? Content creators will continue to make up whatever they want in how they see the stories and characters. Blizzard should just tell the story they want to tell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    But I wish a lot of the "headcanon" would die honestly. I'm tired of hearing about how much people insist Hanzo and McCree love each other despite having a whole like, 2 interactions with each other in game.
    Headcanon is fine in every way, so long as it doesn't actually influence or interfere with the plan a writer has.

Ooh...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    This actually sounds more accurate to what they're saying.

Tumblr stuff can be quite dumb.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi