Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Anyone else find the the quest line for crafting legendaries illogical?

My feedback to Blizz, posted in their forums today:

If there are to be more crafted legendaries, as I understand there might be for 7.2.5, please put more thought into the quests to make them. I am not complaining about length or difficulty, but rather shear logic.

I am a blacksmith. First the quest giver admits they know nothing about blacksmithing, but go on to lecture me about style. Ok that was mildly humorous. Then they have me track down great hammers from legends and smelt them together into a new hammer, the finest I work I have ever created. But do I have a legendary hammer? No. I have a hammer that will allow me to create more fashionable armor! Quest giver is proud of me. But apparently the hammer can only be used to craft belts (who knew best ever BS hammers were so limited?) and is worn out after crafting one belt.

Nothing wrong with having to jump through some hoops for each legendary created, but the story above makes zero sense. Sorry Blizz, but this was hardly your best writing. Hoping you can do better next time around.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Far too difficult to craft just one ... so I haven't made another since the first one.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    The annoying part is how you have to do the same quest every time ...

Quote Originally Posted by Corydon View Post
    I have made 6 or 7 and I don't think it's difficult at all. (Have made plate and leather.) You collect some mats and do 3 Dungeons.
    No it's not difficult. Just silly quest text. They could give us the same tasks with more logical explanations and I'd be fine with it. I guess if you're like many players who never read the quests anyway, it doesn't matter. Some of us do, however, and we'd like them to make at least a little sense.

I've crafted like five or six by now and I intend to keep crafting them. They're easy gold and are good for alts, while also going through some mythic dungeons, getting AP and finishing WQs affiliated with the given dungeons. That being said, I don't rush to craft them, but I take the whole week within a lockouts timeframe.

Deleted
    It's just a lazy timesink.

Deleted
    Well to be honest, legendaries shouldnt be craftable in the first place, but so be it. I think the whole legendary idea is kinda shining off as we have an overload of those lately to be honest :P

Making another hammer today. Quest text is still stupid. They should make up their mind whether we're making a hammer or a belt, and they should have someone who knows about blacksmithing help us with it, not a fashion guru.

Just not worth the effort for tailors, imo, so I made my 1st one and mailed it to my priest who was my last clothie I needed to level at the time.

And of course it finishes with us creating... a hammer? No, we get a case for carrying the hammer. Well apparently the hammer is in the case, we created it there O.o but we can't open the case ourselves even though we just created a hammer inside it; we have to take it back to the fashion guy so he can rave about how good it is. Even though it isn't usable in combat, can only be used to craft belts, and falls apart after one use.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    Just not worth the effort for tailors, imo, so I made my 1st one and mailed it to my priest who was my last clothie I needed to level at the time.
    Yeah I'm trying to decide between sending it to my main who'll never use it, or selling it when I don't need the gold.

I could care less for the quest texts, but for Finagles sake randomize the dungeon quests.

I hate it, i did my own legendary, won't ever do it again.

Deleted
    some people only want it to boost their ilvl, thats about it xDD

I do 3 to 5 every time nether disruptor is up. Need golds for subscription.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

I will say the process does need some tweaking, especially after the first. I don't mind the lengths I have to go through for something, but having to do that every time is a bit much. Especially the need to run the dungeons on mythic.

Yes I do.

Also, 2nd post out of 10. (rolls eyes)

How much gold profit do you guys make per legendary?

Deleted
    yea its boring also...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    How much gold profit do you guys make per legendary?
    60-65k for a tailoring one and 80-100k from a blacksmithing one.

First of all...Anyone else finds the crafted "legendary" items a complete idiocy? You get a supposedly "legendary" item for a couple of hours of afk farming crap on some island and barely anything else. Who cares if the "fly to this point, then do this dungeon" quests are engaging or whatever at this point. Blizzard has hit the pinnacle of stupidity with legendaries in Legion.