Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    This can only be good.

Much better than putting it on a cesspool of shit stores like Origin and Steam where social features are stuck in the 2000s.
    If steam is stuck in 2000 I'm curious to know where the bnet app is...

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    If that was indeed the case, why are we not seeing massive games like CoD on the platform?

The reason why the game is integrated onto the b.net platform is because the gameplay is similar to every other Blizzard games - in fact I remember reading an article from Kotaky from a few years ago, explaining how Bungie called upon the developpers of D3 (who worked on the xpac) to help them make meaningful design decisions.

I frankly believe it's not just Activision using this as their own personal platform, but instead Blizzard expanding their launcher to fit with products which has the same philosophy.
    you made my point for me, the game play is similar to current blizzard games, they test the water with Destiny 2 and if it is a success they start to add more, I'm not saying they will do this, just don't want you to get your hopes up about the quality of a game just because it's on the b.net launcher, even blizzard have fucked up with some of their games, they just make it right sooner rather than later.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RealistKilla View Post
    Here's the inside story ppl.

Destiny is actually very similar to Blizzards "titan" project. It's obvious to me that's the REAL reason blizzard fucking scrapped titan. They are both multiplayer first person shooter games in an open world. Basically an mmorpg. Activision came in and said 'hey we can't have you putting out competition for our mmorpgfps, scrap that massive project, make some silly battleground game like team fortress and we will cross Promote Destiny with you.' Just because your only hearing it now doesn't mean this deal was struck last week. These companies plan shit like this years and even decades in advance.
    This is LITERALLY what I thought when I heard about destiny and realised it was an Activision game. So blatantly obvious imo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dejec1989 View Post
    you made my point for me, the game play is similar to current blizzard games, they test the water with Destiny 2 and if it is a success they start to add more, I'm not saying they will do this, just don't want you to get your hopes up about the quality of a game just because it's on the b.net launcher, even blizzard have fucked up with some of their games, they just make it right sooner rather than later.
    I disagree in that regard. I personally am satisfied with the products Blizzard released. Many people assume that making a game is just a matter of common sense, but not many realize just how complicated and intricate the process is. I've been blown away by Blizzard will to make quality products and with the front page post, it's even more true.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by americandavey View Post
    First of all IT IS NOT YOUR LAUNCHER. It is Blizzard's Launcher. They will and can put anything on it. You are complaining about 1 game. Let me up you one.

I dont play, HoTs, HS, SC, Diablo or OW. However I never went into a forum whether official or unofficial and complain about I see games on THEIR Launcher that I have no Effing interest to play.

"Oh they better not have a cross promotion." So what if they did, it is not a big effing deal.

Lastly, it is a smart move on Activision to put their game only on Blizzard's App, they are not sharing profits with other online stores.
    It is not a clever move, I would never buy a non blizz game on bnet, even if I am interested in it.. just like I never bought one on Origin or Uplay... I got close to 6k games on Steam. THAT is my collection... games on another service mean nothing to me, I am a collector first, a player second (I have never played 95% of the games I got on Steam).. I am friends with people who are exactly the same (and also have thousands of steam games).. so they do lose sales with putting stuff on here instead of Steam.

Quote Originally Posted by SexyManipulator View Post
    Bla bla bla...

The highlighted part is enough. And I really have already wasted too much time on this crap.
    Wasted? You're the one who started you arrogant troll. All you did was throw personal attacks at me from the get-go. Self-righteous pompous prick.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    Wasted? You're the one who started you arrogant troll. All you did was throw personal attacks at me from the get-go. Self-righteous pompous prick.
    Hahaha... Talk about who's 'triggered' after all

Quote Originally Posted by SexyManipulator View Post
    Hahaha... Talk about who's 'triggered' after all
    I thought you were "done". Classic troll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    I thought you were "done". Classic troll.
    I'm done giving full replies, not replying altogether. And I'm no troll, I fully meant what I said in the beginning.

Activision really did cancel Titan...

In the back of my mind I had wondered whether Titan was cancelled because it was a direct competitor to Destiny, being an FPS MMO. Now I don't feel all that crazy. Activision clearly has a strong say in Blizzard's operations when they feel like wielding that power. I don't doubt now that Blizzard was forced to cancel Titan so Bungie could develop a multi-platform IP and they didnt want a direct competitor in the same category competing on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkk121 View Post
    I'm so confused... Didn't they say they were going away from using the name Battle.net?
    Yes, but it's only referenced as Battle.net in the MMO-C news post. Blizzard themselves never call it that, they refer to it as Blizzard Games.