Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Feel The Power View Post
    "I'm so fucking pissed at you now Blizz!!! I don't really know why, but I am going to pretend that I am and grasp at any straw like usual!! (while I still secretly love WoW and continue financially supporting the company and games I supposedly dislike)" - vast majority of people commenting.
    Pretty much, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Isotopes View Post
    Well this is a really shitty move by Blizzard to be honest, the one true thing we could always trust in is the quality of the games provided on the battle net and now it's just reduced to been another EA Origin platform full of potentially awful games such as this rather low end PC port. Disgusted.
    Oh, so you've played the PC version of Destiny 2 from start to finish and have experienced everything it has to offer? Surely you have, otherwise you wouldn't be making such claims, right? Right?

Money. Anything else we need to cover? I don't think so.

I'm pretty unfamiliar with the first Destiny. Does it have a subscription fee? if not, then I'll likely give this one a try eventually (not crazy enough to go there "early access" or fresh launch, I bet there'll be a billion bugs and inbalance issues at launch). If it does have a sub, then meh, pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Oh, so you've played the PC version of Destiny 2 from start to finish and have experienced everything it has to offer? Surely you have, otherwise you wouldn't be making such claims, right? Right?
    To be fair...

https://youtu.be/7FcfEU1FLy0?t=4254

So they couldn't justify the investment for dedicated servers, even though D1 made plenty of $$$ and D2 will likely rake in plenty as well, and every other game in the Blizzard/Battle.net launcher has dedicated servers?

Yeah, sounds like a quality game already. P2P networking hasn't been a massive issue with other games like For Honor at all.
    Last edited by Maconi; 2017-05-20 at 04:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maconi View Post
    To be fair...

https://youtu.be/7FcfEU1FLy0?t=4254

So they couldn't justify the investment for dedicated servers, even though D1 made plenty of $$$ and D2 will likely rake in plenty as well, and every other game in the Blizzard/Battle.net launcher has dedicated servers?

Yeah, sounds like a quality game already. P2P networking hasn't been a massive issue with other games like For Honor at all.
    While I can't argue the fact that it's absolutely retarded that they don't have dedicated servers for PvP in this day and age..........no dedicated servers =/= bad game. Especially when PvE is such a huge part of Destiny (and that's what the vast majority of its playerbase does most of the time) and generally doesn't have any issues in this regard.

I see what you're trying to do here though. But you're gonna have to do better than that for it to stick.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2017-05-20 at 04:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    While I can't argue the fact that it's absolutely retarded that they don't have dedicated servers for PvP in this day and age..........no dedicated servers =/= bad game. Especially when PvE is such a huge part of Destiny (and that's what the vast majority of its playerbase does most of the time) and generally doesn't have any issues in this regard.

I see what you're trying to do here though. But you're gonna have to do better than that for it to stick.
    I actually haven't played D1. I was just looking forward to D2 (I'm primarily a PC gamer). Researching Destiny's P2P implementation reveals a lot of videos that look scarily similar to my experience with For Honor. It's just disappointing is all. From what I've read it seems like a lot of the changes for D2 are mainly about slowing the action down to help compensate for the P2P issues (also not a good sign).

I was excited to try D2 out but the P2P news has certainly tempered that excitement. I'm also not sure why there isn't better matchmaking or cross-platform play (at least for PvE).

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    I'm pretty unfamiliar with the first Destiny. Does it have a subscription fee? if not, then I'll likely give this one a try eventually (not crazy enough to go there "early access" or fresh launch, I bet there'll be a billion bugs and inbalance issues at launch). If it does have a sub, then meh, pass.
    Destiny 1 was console only and didn't require subscription to play on single player mode. Although to play and group up with friends for dungeons/raids u needed to have PSN or Xbox Live subscription. Idk how they'll handle it being a PC port, most likely the same way Overwatch is... just a 1 time fee with micro transactions in-game for cosmetics

15+ Year Old Account
    After watching a few videos on Destiny 2 - after having played D1 for a while, especially after it got revamped and better via Expacs - I'm probably out.
    It looks the same, "feels" the same, sounds teh same - even dungeons are the same. It should have been a DLC I guess, but marketing wise it's a good move. A lot of app users will at least try it out and that's what they'd want.

Now the P2P move is cheap, ofc. But seeing how D1 is usually just single player PvE with some minor grouping (when doing strikes, pvp or later mini "raids"), it should be okay-ish. Still a cheap move, but hey.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinD View Post
    I don't need this crap on my launcher, they better add a "hide non blizzard games" option.. and not just try and shove crap down my throat..
    First of all IT IS NOT YOUR LAUNCHER. It is Blizzard's Launcher. They will and can put anything on it. You are complaining about 1 game. Let me up you one.

I dont play, HoTs, HS, SC, Diablo or OW. However I never went into a forum whether official or unofficial and complain about I see games on THEIR Launcher that I have no Effing interest to play.

"Oh they better not have a cross promotion." So what if they did, it is not a big effing deal.

Lastly, it is a smart move on Activision to put their game only on Blizzard's App, they are not sharing profits with other online stores.

If this is not a move to inherently, and eventually, turn Battle.net (Which is called the 'Blizzard App') into Activision's choice or go-to for any future release I would be partially surprised. Honestly, the Blizzard App is an alright client and definitely a conduit for any kind of game because of it. To be quite honest, it was either this or a Steam release -- and I think Activision is MORE than happy to allow Blizzard to host the front end of re-directing things for Destiny 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Ukon View Post
    Indeed, it's almost a monopoly.
    Anyone who tries to compete with Steam will almost always fail.
    Last edited by PenguinChan; 2017-05-20 at 09:21 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    If you don't care, why bother replying?
    If you aspire to things, why bother fighting people on online forums?
    If you're so above me, why do you care what my aspirations are?

Small minds always enjoy making others feel smaller.

By the way, that was a joke. With truth in it. It's called satire, or sarcasm, or mature humor, or something, I don't know the term. The joke was referring to success, because if you get to a point in your life where you can fuck 1000$/night hookers every night, or buy lambos, or travel the world every week and stay in the most expensive hotels, it means you've achieved financial success on a higher level than most, except mentioning hookers made it funny because no one aims to reach that kind of financial success just to fuck hookers...it's just something you can afford, because that's how obscenely rich you become.
    Bla bla bla...

The highlighted part is enough. And I really have already wasted too much time on this crap.

Deleted
    31% voted no. They rather continue grind ap and wqs, its so much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Exxxa View Post
    ya i';d much rather play another CoD clone i mean halo clone I mean counter strike
    "We don't need Blizz to nerf the content. We need it to be less terrible." - Totalbiscuit

it has a spinner on its logo, won't play.

Why are you adding a non-Blizzard game to Blizzard's platform?
    Answer because Activision made us

7+ Year Old Account
    as longismanege by blizzard no i wont play

Quote Originally Posted by Exxxa View Post
    Don't you be expecting anything from the current Legion community you will end up dissapointed why play the best MMOFPS shooter to ever hit the market when you can just grind the endless AP and raid in hopes of titanforges and more useless legendaries.

On a more serious note can't wait to see the Destiny 1 hate bandwagon cry about this topic

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feigr View Post
    I really really do not like that they are going to put non-Blizzard (aka bad) games in the launcher. It should stay pure.
    Over watch is already on the launcher so the bad game ship has sailed.

I HATE that idea.

I don't want Bnet (which isn't called Bnet anymore by the way, Blizz just changed the name because of some stupid reason and yet they keep caling it bnet....) to be turned into the Origine or Uplay of Activision.

I don't want activision to use the Blizzard reputation to sell their games.

And from what I've read Destiny 2 won't even have dedicated servers, so why the FUCK should it be on Bnet?

What the hell blizz ?

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    Over watch is already on the launcher so the bad game ship has sailed.
    What a stupid thing to write...

Great news. That is all the proof of quality I need.
    However, I'm confused by all the people who seem upset about one more game in the Bnet list that they can ignore.
    I miss the time when people had their own free will. Oh Well