Thread: Relic problem

Relic problem

Hello all and sorry if this was already answered many times but I cant understand this.

Im speaking about BM hunters.
    Ok I know what are the best traits but I dont know how many ilvs a bad relic must have to be better then a good relic?

On single target a bad relic need be 10 ilv more then a good relic to be worth using or im being a dumb ass and i am understanding all wrong?

tks for your time

Use raidbots/simcraft RELIC COMPARE

But just for the sake of the question, even and 915 turtle relic is WORST than a 880 KC relic, because BM isnt a "itm lvl>all" like MM, you still have to check 1. spell 2. itm lvl

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Judging by the numbers those are live values and not tuned for 7.2.5 changes. But yeah, if those are your simmed values, a bad relic would need +10 weapon ilvls to be an upgrade over a JoT or PL relic

Just add the value of the trait to the weapon ilvl of the relic to get the effective 'total' weapon ilvl.

Let's say we had these relics and wanted to see which one was the best for single target:
    1. 905 Unleash the Beast relic (+59 weapon ilvls)
    2. 890 Jaws of Thunder relic (+55 weapon ilvls)
    3. 925 Furious Swipes relic (+65 weapon ilvls)

You'd calculate the effective overall weapon ilvl of each relic using the trait values :
    1. Unleash the Beast is worth 5 weapon ilvls, so the total weapon ilvl is 5+59 = 64
    2. Jaws of Thunder is worth 9 weapon ilvls, so the total weapon ilvl is 9+55 = 64
    3. Furious swipes is worth 0 weapon ilvls, so the total weapon ilvl is 0+65 = 65

So in this case we find that Furious Swipes relic is the best for single target, even though the trait is completely useless. But they're all very close; the 890 Jaws of Thunder relic came close to the 925 Furious Swipes relic because of how powerful the trait was. However, the picture completely changes when we look at the 3 target numbers; it's not close at all, with the Furious Swipe relic being the clear winner.

Keep in mind that different traits will have different values depending on your specific gear/legendaries/traits/talents/etc. (your trait values won't match up exactly with the table) so it's probably better to just sim yourself whenever you get a new relic, rather than using this approximation table.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtel View Post
    Just add the value of the trait to the weapon ilvl of the relic to get the effective 'total' weapon ilvl.

Let's say we had these relics and wanted to see which one was the best for single target:
    1. 905 Unleash the Beast relic (+59 weapon ilvls)
    2. 890 Jaws of Thunder relic (+55 weapon ilvls)
    3. 925 Furious Swipes relic (+65 weapon ilvls)

You'd calculate the effective overall weapon ilvl of each relic using the trait values :
    1. Unleash the Beast is worth 5 weapon ilvls, so the total weapon ilvl is 5+59 = 64
    2. Jaws of Thunder is worth 9 weapon ilvls, so the total weapon ilvl is 9+55 = 64
    3. Furious swipes is worth 0 weapon ilvls, so the total weapon ilvl is 0+65 = 65

So in this case we find that Furious Swipes relic is the best for single target, even though the trait is completely useless. But they're all very close; the 890 Jaws of Thunder relic came close to the 925 Furious Swipes relic because of how powerful the trait was. However, the picture completely changes when we look at the 3 target numbers; it's not close at all, with the Furious Swipe relic being the clear winner.

Keep in mind that different traits will have different values depending on your specific gear/legendaries/traits/talents/etc. (your trait values won't match up exactly with the table) so it's probably better to just sim yourself whenever you get a new relic, rather than using this approximation table.
    Thank you so much, I finaly understood it.
    Ok now I know how to compare my relics
    Last edited by Sonasol; 2017-05-19 at 07:41 PM.