Poll: Which expansion had the best class design/gameplay?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Wrath. Plain and simple, my favorite Xpac was TBC, but I think that is mostly because that is when I started Raiding and I feel that when you start raiding that will be your favorite xpac. But Wrath was so damn fun, my guild was #2-3 on the server for the first 3 raids and we were all progressing and having fun together. DK's could tank in all 3 specs and I could play a DK as it was intended Blood DPS which was so damn fun I can't even stand to play my DK today because no Blood DPS. I miss good ol Rotations, I am sick of priority systems and waiting for skills to come off CD. Give me Wrath 2.0 any day.
    Blood DPS was not fun. Just spamming Oblit and Heart Strike over and over was boring as hell.
    Beta Club Brosquad

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like WotLK handled it best. Talent trees felt perfect. Not too cluttered and not too simple. It felt like you were really building you're character and getting him stronger by teaching him new abilities and improving them. The gameplay was fun overall too. It was nice having all those spells and abilities to use, it made me feel like I was a master of my class. Now, so much has been taken away that they don't feel as special or as exciting anymore.

I've really changed my outlook on the classes since MoP's simple choose one and done design. I used to like it better than WotLK's talent trees but over time I looked back and really started to appreciate the fact that it made me feel like I was building my character up. Today it's feeling more and more like some free to play tablet game for people with ADD.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2017-05-19 at 03:36 PM.

From my experience WotLK had the best melee design while MoP did ranged better. With tanking and healing I'd give the edge to WotLK, and extra points to WotLK for keeping the class fantasy alive. I also prefer WotLK's talent tree system that was the best incarnation imo. WoD and Legion completely butchered all classes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wotlk retri and armor pene warr. I miss them so much. Omg my arp war with shadowmourne.
    Last edited by HordeFanboy; 2017-05-19 at 03:50 PM.
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

10+ Year Old Account
    3.0 Ret before the nerf patch was amazing to play

10+ Year Old Account
    Cata and MoP by far.

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

Deleted
    MoP and Wotlk.

Wotlk because it was fast, especially PvP.

MoP because the class design was really good.

The biggest problem with MoP was that everybody hates china, pandas and all that ugly stuff and Sha infested.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I enjoyed WOTLK the most for classes. Having the option to choose my talent trees while playing a Death Knight was super exciting. At first there was no cookie cutter build, you could be unholy for the gargoyle and frost for the dual wielding weapons in Naxx, then Ulduar came around and you crushed everything as blood damage. It gave the game a lot more variety, now it seems like the game has just gone very minimalistic for cookie cutter builds. While I understand being an Unholy death knight and using frost spells seems counter-intuitive I'm still a death knight, I should be able to utilize my entire kit, but I do see why they made the changes they did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cataclysm hands down. For all the faults that expansion had, it at least had the best class gameplay in this game's history. There will never be another spec like Cata Affliction.

Wrath, definately.

Wrath literally perfected what Vanillia and TBC started giving every class something that made every players current class choice satisfying to them. MoP gets some kudos for certain choices but Wrath was definately *the* best one for gameplay with *the* most customization of any other expansion for every class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrath and MoP were the best by quite a bit. Each spec had complexity and depth without being convoluted or frustrating. Shining examples of great design being MoP SV Hunter and WW Monk, and WotLK Feral Druid and Ret Paladin.

Wrath = MoP > TBC > Cata > Vanilla > WoD > Legion
    Last edited by Marxman; 2017-05-19 at 11:15 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mists of Pandaria followed by Wrath of the Lich King

Deleted
    Class design and combat was the best in MoP hands down. Every spec felt fun and engaging to play. Talents allowed a lot of customization, more than they do now. Everyone had a lot of abilities to use and none of them felt redundant or clunky. Combat was twitchy, fast-paced and full of action.

Deleted
    MoP for me was the best.

very surprised legion is a clickable option here

everything between mid wotlk to end of mop. was all in all waaaay better than vanilla shit or that shit they doing since wod. would say a lot of the specs were on top in mop.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    and the juicy seal of blood we got in tcb hehe (bloof elf unique I thinK? could also use the judgment to break cc at some point)
    Yup, Seal of Blood was unique for Blood Elves.

But yeah, Retribution: WotLK, for sure. I know a lot of people say MoP was the best for their classes but I don't know a lot of Retribution players who miss having 'Inquisition' up and we were absolutely worthless outside of Cooldowns... horrible.

What someone can get from the replies is that this is a subjective matter. For me I liked a lot my MM hunter in WoD, after getting the instant aimed shot 4piece tier 18, and I liked playing my simple combat rogue back in tbc.

To me it would be MoP > Legion > WotLK > Cataclysm > BC > Vanilla > WoD.

MoP's arm warrior was probably the best experience I had in term of class design, but also was the only class I played. Legion is the first expansion where I actually like to play my alt; fury warrior is dynamic and the item design makes the xpac really fun. For WotLK I loved to play my frost deathknight but the gameplay itself was too much based on cycles.

Cataclysm was somehow fun, but wasn't my cup of tea but I was forced to play tank, and that's the expac who got rid of threat making it way less skilled.

Can't really judge that much vanilla and TBC i was noob and I used to tank in dungeon ... with an arm spec.

WoD made me respec to fury, and was boring as fuck.

MoP >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cata=WotLk > WoD > Legion >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> TBC > Vanilla