Fastest way for Nethershards on fresh 110?

So Im getting a few 110's coming in now. Nether portal farming, or the mage tower aint always up etc, which makes 850 gearing a bit slower. How can I get say 2-3k nethershards, is there only a few start quests and else waiting for invasions again as dinged 110?
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely do the legion invasions when they pop up, those net you several thousand.

Also as you progress with the relic hunter quest line, the one with the goblin lady, you'll get a world quest to give 100 nether shards to one of those wyrmtongue demons, who then gives you a key to one of several dozen chests in his cave, which can contain anywhere from 1 to 100,000 nether shards.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

You get around 1.4k Nethershards IIRC from just doing the intro quests in Broken Shore.

After that, hunting treasure chests and rares is a pretty no-effort way(albeit, slow if you go for the 5k tokens).

And of course, Invasions. Each Invasion is like 3k-ish shards if you do all the WQs + scenario.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    How can I get say 2-3k nethershards, is there only a few start quests and else waiting for invasions again as dinged 110?
    Most time efficient way is invasions.
    Other than that, you have to do Broken Shores content, meaning the quests and the boring mob grinding. That's it.

Deleted
    If you want to farm the Nethershards rather than wait for Invasions or the Broken Shore quests and WQs, you can farm the several rares that spawn every 30 min or so (skulls on map) and the Wyrmtongue Caches, they are far more rewarding than the Sentinax event.

Deleted
    Don't forget your Class Campaign for that 3rd relic slot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Invasions when they pop up, the broken shore quests, then farm rares/sentinax the rest of the time

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Invasions + Sentinax

Ok thanks all! I will do some prep now, unlock broken shore initial quests for my 110's and then just min max invasions as if I was still lvling with them

I was hoping to gear up all my inc 110's in 3 hours tops. I managed to do that on my 2nd 110 now Ilvl 850, missing 2 relics still also, the other took about 5 hours - In thoes 3 hours I also can get full traits, maybe even the new once...that 10% dmg or w/e its called.

Now if only we could skip this stay close the NPC's to buff em, close portals, pray your socks off to solo last boss at the ship with Ilvl 700-720 xd
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    Sentinax when its double shards buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Each Invasion is like 3k-ish shards if you do all the WQs + scenario.
    Really? i thought the WQ gave you 200 to 400 each but the rest of the invasion didnt give much?

2-3k nethershards? That's broken shore intro and one invasion. I did the intro with alts at around 775 average itemlevel and only 2 relics (780, auction house) equipped. Invasion difficulty depends on the WQs that are up, time of day and area. Some can be a bit annoying. They're easier when you have flying unlocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Iettlopp View Post
    Sentinax when its double shards buff.
    I either didn't know about this one or forgot about it, but it seems the Nether Disruptor's buff is only an RNG chance at extra Netherhards. Nevertheless, still nice to watch out for so thanks for the reminder!

Slightly off topic, but what is the Nethershards/hr rate (without the mentioned Netherstorm buff) at the moment for an organised group these days?

Invasions. Rares/chests/quests from BS. Roam around looking for beacon mobs to leech off of. Or premade group finder for them? All I can think of.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

15+ Year Old Account
    2.5k per day from the invasion. 100-200 each from Broken Shore rares. ~50 each from chests. At a leisurely pace, you can grab 5k every second day, if you are lucky enough to see an invasion up every day. If you want to grind them faster, look for groups farming shards under the Sentinax. A group using beacons properly can net you 4k-5k an hour, but these groups don't normally stay together much longer than 60-90 minutes.
    Remember this, kids, it is very important. Even if your mommy makes you a super hero costume, do not attempt to do any of these things, especially flying. Because you cannot do it. You do not have super powers. Because there is only one Super Grover. And that is me.

Just wait for ToS LFR and get free 890s or whatever lol

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    40-90 per broken shore chest, 100-200 per rare, 75 per 100 legionfall resource turnins.

Invasions yield like 2000+, also do the wyrmtongue key quest every 3 days after unlocking it.