Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zupf View Post
    It should get no loot at all since it is called a tourist mode anyway.
    The loot ain't that high ilvl relative to all the other welfare in the game now. only thing big is WF/TF RNG system propping it up
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    TL;DR - Give LFR its own loot lockout. You can either get loot from LFR or the other three difficulties. Higher end raiders won't have to subject themselves to LFR for any kind of gain, and LFR raiders wont have to get bitched at for trying to experience the game in a way that suits them.
    Fair enough, as long as they come up with only one ilevel for every difficulty and only have the difficulty increase the further you go.

7+ Year Old Account
    Is there an actual, real problem, that the OP solves? I'm not seeing one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    To be fair, on my 897 hunter, I do 200-250k dps pretty much auto attacking and arcane shotting. Only found that out from being bored on training dummy.

Which is more than a lot of people I encounter in LFR, as sad as that is. :/
    Yeah, sad not everybody has 897 ilevel on their characters -_-

Have you tried inspecting some of these people, half of them cannot even be bothered to finish their order hall campaign before signing up for lfr. I lost count of how many sub 800 weapons I have seen whilst they have been packing 2 non crafted legendary items not to mention the assholes signing up as a healer and not even having the healing artifact weapon.

If Blizzard cared at all they would have restricted role signups until you had that artifact weapon AND in order to sign up for raids you would have to have finished your order hall campaign because there is no way you get 1 let alone 2 legendary items in the time it takes you to finish the 110 stage of your order hall campaign.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    890 from LFR TOS will mean nothing when mythic gear drops 930-940 baseline and goes up to 955

If anything, put normal/heroic/mythic on a shared lockout (Cata/MoP style), so mythic gear is more viable then farming 3 difficulties each week fishing for TF

There is absolultely 0 problems with LFR itemlevel as it's so low, even a TF LFR piece is lower then a mythic warforged 99.99% of the time.

Heroic titanforge overlapping with mythic is the big problem, not LFR.

WQ titanforge a problem too? when they have to go up 45-50 itemlevels as well...

I would be okay with a titanforge cap 5 below mythic baseline. Make mythic raiding gear it's own itemlevel range.

Like, ok, you get normal titanforge/heroic warforge or stuff from nethershards/M+, it caps at 925, mythic gear drops at 930 in ToS, can still TF to 955. Thus mythic is always far superior. Same could go for very high rated pvp or even mythic 20+ or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    People cry how WQs and mythic+ 5 mans almost negate mythic raid loot, so what the hell is your problem with a shitty difficulty and shitty loot in LFR and how is anyone who doesn't want to do it forced to go there?

Oh..I bet it is because they totally MUST have the AP and chance at "leggos".
    Except WQ do not negate mythic loot at all, I've done 9000 WQ, and have seen a +45 like once, guess what, I've seen more 910-925 Heroic raid loot on people then 900 Raid Finder/World quest.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-05-20 at 11:24 PM.

I'll start this by saying that I can't stand the idea of LFR. I don't believe that it is interesting in any way shape or form. I believe that it is neither engaging, nor conducive to any kind of personal enjoyment, for me. I do acknowledge that it is here to say and how a vast majority of the playerbase experiences the content

The reason that high end raiders dislike it is primarily two-fold (there are arguments for a third, but I will deal with two) in that: 1) they are strongly incentived to participate in it and 2) it diminishes the sentimental value of getting the kill on whatever difficulty you aspire to complete when Johnny No-Hands and Kelly Keyboard-Turner's blind cats can kill it while maintaining around 8% of optimal DPS/HPS/tankingpersecond.

The second has been addressed by Blizzard and is why we have wings released on a delayed schedule for LFR. Sounds good. The third argument that I mentioned is that new players will see the herp-derp mode, feel like they've completed the game, and decide they're done until the new stuff.

The former point, I believe, can be remedied by having a loot lockout that is solely for LFR. If you complete a boss on LFR then you cannot receive anything from that boss in any other difficulty throughout the reset. The same goes vice versa for the other difficulties meaning that if a boss is killed on Heroic difficulty there is nothing to be gained from killing it on LFR difficulty.

There would then be no reason for anyone who does not wish to run LFR to feel like they have to, and LFR people would finally be free of all the elitist-scum who come into their LFR. They'd be left to their own devices to progress through the raid at whatever speed that randomly assigned group can muster.

TL;DR - Give LFR its own loot lockout. You can either get loot from LFR or the other three difficulties. Higher end raiders won't have to subject themselves to LFR for any kind of gain, and LFR raiders wont have to get bitched at for trying to experience the game in a way that suits them

Flame on if you disagree. I might have a terrible idea and that's fine, but I feel that this would satisfy both the LFR crowd and the anti-LFR crowd. Thoughts?
    Your points are correct in regards to past expansion, this expansion is far worse. When LFR heroes can get 925 titanforged gear, and I see it more often than I should, there's no incentive to players who spend hours and hours of progression to get a boss kill because 1 little kid can afk on a boss in LFR and get a better reward.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Your points are correct in regards to past expansion, this expansion is far worse. When LFR heroes can get 925 titanforged gear, and I see it more often than I should, there's no incentive to players who spend hours and hours of progression to get a boss kill because 1 little kid can afk on a boss in LFR and get a better reward.
    1 925 piece in hundreds of LFR kills doesn't make someone a mythic raider, just like a 915 person with 5 million gold doesn't make him a mythic raider.

Heroic titanforging higher then mythic is a bigger problem then LFR/WQ going up +70 levels which maybe happens 1 time in thousands of WQ/LFR kills.

You might feel it's happening all the time, but I have yet to see an armory of some fully 925 equipped LFR raider... prove me wrong (even if you can find someone with 3 pieces 925 LFR EN/ToV/NH, link it.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-05-20 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    1 925 piece in hundreds of LFR kills doesn't make someone a mythic raider, just like a 915 person with 5 million gold doesn't make him a mythic raider.

Heroic titanforging higher then mythic is a bigger problem then LFR/WQ going up +70 levels which maybe happens 1 time in thousands of WQ/LFR kills.

You might feel it's happening all the time, but I have yet to see an armory of some fully 925 equipped LFR raider... prove me wrong (even if you can find someone with 3 pieces 925 LFR EN/ToV/NH, link it.
    The problem is the system, regardless of it happening once in 50 or once in 100, the fact that it happens is a problem and has been vocalized by the mythic community. There should be no reward from LFR, no gear, no tier, no trinkets. They had a good thing in WoD when they didn't give LFR heroes tier and trinkets that could be BiS.

The whole system needs to be fixed, I've seen more than a few heroic raiders who never stepped into mythic with higher ILs than half my 8/10M guild. Mythic needs to be rewarding, as it is its dying because there's literally no incentive to spend hours every week doing progression when you can just run heroic every week and have the same chance of getting the item as you could from mythic for a lot less work, effort, and time investment. Even the Gul'dan mount isn't an incentive because they have a low chance heroic mount that -most- people agree looks better than the mythic mount. Mythic just has no incentive and higher IL baseline isn't an incentive when some guilds have never seen a 925 piece from mythic, but have from heroic, like mine.

Ok...as an LFR raider....why should I care that "high end raiders" hate LFR? There are more of my crowd than there are of theirs. I think the delay should go away so things suit us more.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Deleted
    The reason that high end raiders dislike it is primarily two-fold (there are arguments for a third, but I will deal with two) in that: 1) they are strongly incentived to participate in it and 2) it diminishes the sentimental value of getting the kill on whatever difficulty you aspire to complete when Johnny No-Hands and Kelly Keyboard-Turner's blind cats can kill it while maintaining around 8% of optimal DPS/HPS/tankingpersecond.
    Also a big reason to this is because these people are idiots. Generally speaking

Oh look, another "ban scrubz from getting welfare epicz..." thread. How original.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plutarch78 View Post
    LFR has been out for like what 6 or 7 years now and people still complain about it?
    If something is constantly shit, why shouldn´t people constatnly complain? Just because you get stabbed in the lag every week you don´t stop caring after 7 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    The reason that high end raiders dislike it is primarily two-fold (there are arguments for a third, but I will deal with two) in that: 1) they are strongly incentived to participate in it
    i agree on the first point, if you are clearing mythic on your main, or even normal mode, blizzard should not tempt players who don't want to LFR into doing so.

and 2) it diminishes the sentimental value of getting the kill on whatever difficulty you aspire to complete when Johnny No-Hands and Kelly Keyboard-Turner's blind cats can kill it while maintaining around 8% of optimal DPS/HPS/tankingpersecond.
    but the second point, i will NEVER understand. do the content for your own enjoyment, not to show someone else that you accomplished something that, frankly, isn't all that worth bragging about. if it makes you angry that other people are having fun doing something you find boring then you need to rethink your reason for playing this game in the first place.

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    TL;DRHigher end raiders won't have to subject themselves to LFR for any kind of gain...
    ??? I've ignored LFR this whole xpac. Hasn't kept me from clearing H on three toons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    i agree on the first point, if you are clearing mythic on your main, or even normal mode, blizzard should not tempt players who don't want to LFR into doing so.
    Tempting experienced raiders into doing LFR is how Blizz makes LFR easy for players who can't figure out how to get into N raiding.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    If something is constantly shit, why shouldn´t people constatnly complain? Just because you get stabbed in the lag every week you don´t stop caring after 7 years.
    If it's so shit then don't play WoW. Go and find a game that is l337 enough for your epeen.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    If you've been doing something you consider shit for 7 years, you don't need a better WoW. You need a life coach. Jus' sayin'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Tempting experienced geared raiders into doing LFR is how Blizz makes LFR easy for players who can't figure out how to get into N raiding.
    that's exactly why they do it and i don't understand why either, when they can just tune the bosses to deal less damage and have even less hp.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    that's exactly why they do it and i don't understand why either, when they can just tune the bosses to deal less damage and have even less hp.
    It might be fun to sit in on developer discussions at Blizz, behind closed doors where they don't have to worry about offending customers. What do they say to each other about the design decisions they make?

Deleted
    The reason that high end raiders dislike it is primarily two-fold
    BULLSHIT. High End mythic raiders dont give a fuck about lfr at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    BULLSHIT. High End mythic raiders dont give a fuck about lfr at all.
    except for the first few weeks/month of an expansion where plenty of average mythic players or better have LFR on their grind list.