Resto Druid Relic Problem

Hey,

I wanna talk about Relics for resto druids. First of all I will list all of the available traits and rank them as I see fit. This is obviously my own opinion based on experience and research.

1. Persistence is the best available trait at the moment (especially with T19 4p). Reju is your most used heal/spell and extending it is free healing while saving mana and GCDs.
    2. Grovewalker buffs your most used spells. 1% doesn’t sound much but it will add up on longer fights.
    3. Essence of Nordrassil is nice boost to a spell that will gain more value with T20.
    4. Natural Mending enhances your spothealing, but with T20 you will mostlikely have to use it to boost your shroom, which reduces the value of this relic.
    5. Blessing of the World Tree increases your spothealing in situations where your hots aren’t sufficient enough. Not much gain here.
    6. Knowledge of the Ancients increases your BASE-mana-regen, if you do the math you will realize this is trash (50k base manaregen. 2% are 1k mana every 5 secs this will net you an extra reju every ~2min)
    7. Infusion of Nature is even less effective.
    8. Armor of the Ancients has to little value considering the uptime from IB.
    9. We use way to little direct heal to justify Seeds of the World Tree.

Let’s have a look at the available relics in ToS.

Life Relics:

- Infusion of Nature
    - Knowledge of the Ancients
    - Natural Mending
    - Armor of the Ancients

Frost Relics:

- Seeds of the World Tree
    - Knowledge of the Ancients
    - Blessing of the World Tree
    - Armor of the Ancients

Non of the relics make it into the top 3, your “best” option is Natural Mending which will be devalued by the T20 4p. This is the 4th Raid in Legion where you won’t get a Persistence or Grovewalker relic.

So my question is what do you think about this situation, is it “fair” that some classes get all of their Best in slot relics from raidbosses meanwhile we have to farm HOV and Arcway a million times to have that ridiculously small chance to have a very high titanforged version of the relics which have a very low dropchance themselves?

Is blizzard just finding the most fitting relic for all the classes and resto druid happens to have the worst of that? Should Blizzard put some of the better traits on the raid relics or buff the bad traits to be on par with Persistence and Grovewalker?

Discuss! :)

Cheers
    RestoSpirit

Knowledge of the Ancients is pretty clearly accepted to be our 3rd best trait. That extra Rejuv every 2 minutes actually adds more throughput than any of the other traits do. Blessing of the World Tree is also probably our worst or second worst trait; ranking it ahead of KoTA is just nonsensical.

Here is the general order

1. Persistence
    2. Grovewalker
    3. Knowledge of the Ancients
    4. Essence of Nordrassil
    5. Infusion of Nature
    6. Natural Mending
    7. Armor of the Ancients
    8. Seeds of the World Tree
    10. Blessing of the World Tree.

Yes, we get screwed over by not having great traits on raid relics. However, the saving grace for us is that none of our traits are so amazing that they override weapon ilvl anyway. I believe when it was mathed out, Persistence is worth slightly over 1 weapon ilvl in value, and everything else is <1 ilvl. Therefore, we are better off just taking the highest ilvl relics we can get 99% of the time. That's kind of a benefit, because we aren't stuck losing a bunch of weapon ilvl/INT due to excessively strong traits forcing us low ilvl relics unlike many other specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    Knowledge of the Ancients is pretty clearly accepted to be our 3rd best trait. That extra Rejuv every 2 minutes actually adds more throughput than any of the other traits do. Blessing of the World Tree is also probably our worst or second worst trait; ranking it ahead of KoTA is just nonsensical.

1. Persistence
    2. Grovewalker
    4. Essence of Nordrassil
    5. Infusion of Nature
    6. Natural Mending
    7. Armor of the Ancients

Yes, we get screwed over by not having great traits on raid relics. However, the saving grace for us is that none of our traits are so amazing that they override weapon ilvl anyway. I believe when it was mathed out, Persistence is worth slightly over 1 weapon ilvl in value, and everything else is <1 ilvl. Therefore, we are better off just taking the highest ilvl relics we can get 99% of the time. That's kind of a benefit, because we aren't stuck losing a bunch of weapon ilvl/INT due to excessively strong traits forcing us low ilvl relics unlike many other specs.
    Hey,

you are right I probably overvalued BoWT, I thought of it as a tat of extra healing when you really need it (when you actually cast RG) but on an 8min fight I only used it 4 times for a total of 2.3m heal, 3% would be 80k. Living seed healed for 839k.. 8% more living seed healing would be less than 80k. But we should not waste time talking about the worst traits.

I still think KoTA is overvalued especially compared to Essence of Nordrassil if we consider the T20 4p. KoTA would give me 4 extra reju over an 8min encounter. With an average cast of reju netting ~700k that would be 2.8m heal, plus you would need the extra GCDs. Shroom had a net healing per cast of ~3m, 5% would be 150k and 15 casts get you to: ~2.3m that is very close. Now assume a 25% uptime of the T20 4p, that will get you easily over 4m extra healing. Looking at the big picture both of them suck, netting for less than 1% of my healing in this encounter, but this might change the order in 7.2.5.

Last but not least, the value of a persistence relic is highly dependent on your gear and hasterating in my opinion. If you can hit the breakpoints for extra ticks to procc more 4p the value rises above 1 weaponilvl. Persistence will lose value if we consider the T20 setboni.

Cheers
    RestoSpirit

Seeds of the World Tree is additive. At base you get 25%, and 4/4 gives you 57%. A relic in that trait would then increase it to 65%, or a 14% boost. You would also gain more value from it if you cast RG more - 4 in an 8 minute fight is either getting extremely unlucky with clearcasting procs or just wasting them. It's still not a good trait, of course.
    I agree that 4p is going to make Nordrassil a strong contender for the number 2 spot, especially if shoulders fall from grace.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post

1. Persistence
    2. Grovewalker
    4. Essence of Nordrassil
    5. Infusion of Nature
    6. Natural Mending
    7. Armor of the Ancients

I disagree with having armor of the ancients above seeds of the world tree, but fair enough doesnt matter a lot, and did you skip 9 to put Blessing of world tree as nr. 10?

I dont believe your math is anywhere near correct. Persistence is >3 ilvls (goes above 4 in current situations even.) and kota should be 2 ilvls roughly assuming your fights last more than 2 minutes. grovewalker a bit less, but still above 1 ilvl on wep

I have a resto relic question. Broken Shore world boss just dropped a 925 living seed relic for me. My two life relics atm are a 900 persistence and a 905 Infusion of Nature. Which one would you replace?

Quote Originally Posted by Doogler View Post
    I have a resto relic question. Broken Shore world boss just dropped a 925 living seed relic for me. My two life relics atm are a 900 persistence and a 905 Infusion of Nature. Which one would you replace?
    Hey,

For now I would replace the Infusion-relic since you still play with t19 4p persistence has more value. But in 7.2.5 you will probably just take the hightest itemlevel.

Cheers
    RestoSpirit