Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    You don't. Having lived in Australia without AC for about 19 years, (finally got it 2 years ago). You don't. Swimming is about it. Your body just adapts to it.
    Last edited by Crackleslap; 2017-05-20 at 05:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LongTimeCreeper View Post
    Keep a spray bottle of water. Come home, take off shirt and spray yourself down
    Yah spray yourself down and sit in front of a fan.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Still need to install mine, but its been close to 95+ (40+ C I think) in NY for the last few days (at least where I am)

How do you keep cool in such hot weather without AC? I am dying.
    It snowed here in Colorado yesterday and today was nice and cool. I hate the summer.

Where I live it's almost always 30C+, but when it gets hot temp reaches 35C+, I never use AC, I prefer using simple fan instead.

As for general advice, drink cool/warm water, don't drink iced water, take warm showers, if you take a cold shower, your body will try to warm up, and it will make things waaaay worse, it'll be hot inside and outside
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-05-20 at 06:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    When I lived in Hawaii it was hot, but it wasn't an uncomfortable hot, as you usually always had the ocean breeze on the island.
    August is the worst month. And I lived across the street from the ocean.

10+ Year Old Account
    I open the window in my room and the balcony and make the air pass through.

Rapid transpiration.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had the AC break down here during ~115 weather (~45c). It's absolutely brutal. Fans help a great deal, if you're home. I had to resort to 2-3 showers a day just to keep sane.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    No, you missed the point of the picture. It's contrasting the idea of snow people who don't have to deal with it have with the idea of snow that people who have to deal with it have. The south isn't more rural than the north, but the south deals with snow a lot less often (and if they have to deal with even a handful of snowflakes, brace for the apocalypse). ie Snow is wet, messy, and inconvenient. It makes roads more hazardous, often slows down commutes, and requires extra time in the morning to take care of. It's just all around annoying.
    Just because you personally don't like snow doesn't make is so other's don't...

10+ Year Old Account
    I live in the UK, if i get too warm i open a window or go walk in the rain.

40 plus is 104 degree F plus, by the way. 90 is like 33 degree centigrade.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Raven View Post
    Sit in front of a fan with a spray bottle of water, spray it at the fan for instant cooling.
    Not sure if spraying water towards electric devices is the best idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    A mist is fine, just don't spray a supersoaker at the fan.

For me I just don't pay attention to the temp hot or cold and that works for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxSLbpAwibg

I've wanted to try this. Won't be perfect, but under the right circumstances I believe would work.

I grew up in California with no air conditioning, (my step father was incredibly cheap so he wouldn't buy an ac unit) you never get used to it, you learn to live with it like an illness. When I finally got my own place, AC was definitely a non negotiable factor. It is so nice to not suffer on hot days when inside.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Water would be condensing on your devices anyway, with the summer weather here.

Better idea is to put a (large-ish) container of ice in front or behind the fan. This assumes you have access to large amounts of ice, as it will melt quickly.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

I lived in Oklahoma without air conditioning on one of the hottest years. It got up towards 110 in summer. I found just keeping my hair went worked wonders. It'd evaporate and I'd just dunk my head again.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

What sucks is when everyone else has ac and you don't. They come into work all refreshed during a heatwave, and you look like a peasant, all worn out and tired.

- - - Updated - - -

Get ac, at least a small window unit that costs like 100 bucks (I wasn't allowed to have my own window unit as a young man, again stepfather), central air (like I have now), or geo thermal (perhaps in the future, perhaps) like all the hippies are doing now.
    Last edited by Hooked; 2017-05-20 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Still need to install mine, but its been close to 95+ (40+ C I think) in NY for the last few days (at least where I am)

How do you keep cool in such hot weather without AC? I am dying.
    i have a small electric fan - makes wonders on hot day