Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

How do you keep cool without AC?

Still need to install mine, but its been close to 95+ (40+ C I think) in NY for the last few days (at least where I am)

How do you keep cool in such hot weather without AC? I am dying.

40° + ???? NY is now a desert state ?

Keep a spray bottle of water. Come home, take off shirt and spray yourself down

10+ Year Old Account
    Portable fan, cool washcloth on neck, drink lots of water.

If you need to go without for a long period of time, like a month, your body will eventually get used to it

Source: my time in @Belize in the middle of a jungle living in a tent

We have 25+ C in sweden now and i think it's hot, probably as we arent used to it all the time.

Desk fan, loads of water and shade. Think we get like 30-35+ max here with the record being 38+ something so not as bad here

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    40° + ???? NY is now a desert state ?
    Desert has to do with rainfall totals, not temperature. For example, Antarctica is a desert even though it is cold there.
    Last edited by LongTimeCreeper; 2017-05-19 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Spelling

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd suggest 260,460,or 470 AC, but traffic there probably doesn't allow for that either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    It's not ethical to expose people's faults. Only scumbags and bitches do that.
    The right thing would be to try to stop the behaviour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    What's wrong with him buying a home? Please don't pry into others' lives and make judgements.

Water. Ice water. Cool baths. Swimming. Anything to do with water.

When I lived in TX, our AC broke during temperatures of 100+. I seriously thought I was going to go insane after the first day, and spent the rest of the time naked under damp towels with the overhead fan on.
    This concept of wuv confuses and infuriates us.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's 30C in my room right now and can't open the window - the smell of cow shit and pee is so strong.... they have just spread that shit all over the fields, a rancid scent.

Me so moist.

- - - Updated - - -

95F is 35C, not 40C+
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Take a cold shower before you go to bed, don't dry yourself completely off.

Make sure you have a fan pointed on you.

Drink lots of water.

Avoid AC as much as possible - as it's going to and from AC that makes not having AC the worst. This might be impossible to do, but it is for sure making your problem worse.

Accept that you are going to sweat, a lot.

Be patient until you get your AC unit - your body will slowly adjust.

I go to the beach!

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't...

People always act confused when I say I love cold weather... this is why... You can always put on more layers to stay warm, but you can only take off so many to cool down, especially in public, in public if you keep taking layers off eventually you're a felon.

If you have a basement, hang out down there it will definitely be the coldest area in the house, that's about the best you can do.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-05-19 at 08:35 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

I don't. I live in Sweden and even here it's "mandatory".

Wet bandana may help.
    @95+ and no AC Id probably be living in the tub though.

Deleted
    i was born cool

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    You don't...

People always act confused when I say I love cold weather... this is why... You can always put on more layers to stay warm, but you can only take off so many to cool down.
    Agreed. Cold is life.

@OP : I would never rent or buy a place that didn't have AC. 21st century yo.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I live in the Phoenix area and even though you'll get the cops on you so fast if your landlord lets your AC go out in the summer, sometimes it happens. What I've done in the past is super ghetto and not as effective as say a window unit, but for short term "omg it's hot af help" moments it'll get the job done for cheap. Get a styrofoam cooler and cut a hole in the top that you can put some PVC pipe/dryer tube/plastic cup with the bottom cut out, inside the hole and secure it with duct tape. Use something you can angle towards yourself basically. Then cut another hole and stick a small desk fan in it. You obviously dont want it to fall in cause electricity, so just make the hole big enough to support the fan. Fill the cooler with ice water. When you turn the fan on it will circulate the warmer air outside down into the cooler where it hits the ice water and it will escape through the pipe. This is basically how a swamp cooler works.

I just kept mine under my desk or right next to me and it will cool the air hitting you by several degrees. Not AC levels at all, but it helps. You can youtube home made air conditioners and there are variations with water pumps and big fans and copper pipes. I made one of these as well and it works much better for a full room than my ghetto cooler did. Hope this helps. 95F aint nothin outside but still sucks without AC inside.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    I don't. I live in Sweden and even here it's "mandatory".
    You could move to Kiruna. Arctic circle FTW!
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

10+ Year Old Account
    Just hope the humidity doesn't match like it does down here in Alabama...

Honestly, it's a matter of drinking water, keeping a good fan going, and toughing it out. You'll slowly get used to it.
    And you could have it all,
    my Empire of Dirt.
    I will let you down,
    I will make you Hurt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    @OP : I would never rent or buy a place that didn't have AC. 21st century yo.

Depends where you live really, up here in Washington most places don't have AC, but that's because summer is very mild... The hottest it got in my area last year was like 80F(~26C I think)... That's honestly mostly the reason I live here.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.